Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:l Fennel

The offer stands... I'll gladly fedex some poundage to ya.
    Do you need to taper down the Topa, or can you just stop? Do some reading, maybe post in the med section, too? Be careful, ok?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;856528 wrote: :l Fennel

The offer stands... I'll gladly fedex some poundage to ya.
      Do you need to taper down the Topa, or can you just stop? Do some reading, maybe post in the med section, too? Be careful, ok?
      sunshine, I'll gladly take ten pounds...

Unfortunately, I have to taper off the topa, and gradually. I don't want to cause any sort of physical distress. These meds are not things to monkey around with. I'm curious...did you ever use meds, or did you go the good old fashioned way?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Fennel, my experience with these meds is in giving them to patients - have never taken them myself. I personally freaked out by the 'possible' side effects listed fdor these meds. Perhaps you can wean yourself slowly from the Topa, then see how it goes. I can't see where jumping from one med to another could be healthy in the long run. Changing my thinking, using the Hypno CDs was the ticket for me

Sunni - have you had a good look at my picture????
        I have the Granny blue hair Can't wait for you to join the grannyhood with me!!!!

I'm concerned about our Chook - I just wish she wasn't so hard on herself. She sounds a lot like the younger version of me........

Have a good night one & all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guess what folks!!!!!! This butt Velcro really works!!!!!:yes2:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav - good to see you. It's going to be nice to have two Grannies in the nest.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;856536 wrote: sunshine, I'll gladly take ten pounds...

Unfortunately, I have to taper off the topa, and gradually. I don't want to cause any sort of physical distress. These meds are not things to monkey around with. I'm curious...did you ever use meds, or did you go the good old fashioned way?
              Nope, I never did the meds. I even gave up on the supplements. Mind you, in hind sight, the supps probably weren't to blame for me feeling so crappy. When I first went (or tried to) AF I also (tried to) quit smoking and took Chantix. That DID help with the smokes, but man, did I feel like washed too hot and hung out dripping wet. Tired, depressed, anxious, just YUCK. In the end stress got the better of me and I started smoking again. But I stuck with AF for 8 months and then went to moderating. I will say, though, that I don't think I was PHYSICALLY dependent on AL. I'm just mental!

I sure hope you start feeling better real soon. And I agree with Lav, I'm not a fan on switching/adding meds.

Nora... seeeeeeeee? I had been looking this morning for a FULL BODY VELCRO SUIT for you.. but couldn't find a picture! :H

Lav! :H:H:H
              You're right! You're blue! Omigod, I'll really be a granny in the nest :wahh:
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm with Lav - "Changing my thinking, using the Hypno CDs was the ticket for me" Fen, I didn't use any meds either. The weight-loss side effect wasn't going to work for me either, so I just followed the supplement plan and used the CDs. It all definitely took the edge off quitting for me.

Nice to hear from you Chicken - Stick to YOBs! And no one is tired of you here - in fact we miss you when you're away. Like Sunni says, you have to do things for you. Don't be so hard on yourself Chooks - just keep coming back and keep trying.

Nice Tant! "reached day 30 AF yesterday and rewarded myself with a wonderful facial." Way to go on 30 days! Woooooo!!!! You've got to be proud of yourself!

I'm rested and feeling better today. Went to a yoga class tonight, which felt really good to.

Hi nestlings old and new! Hi Lav!

Take care everyone!
                tw
                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Nora, Lav, Sunshine and Tranq...it's time to switch things around a bit. No more meds, more meditation and supplements. I know I'll get through this...it's just part of the whole learning experience for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;856547 wrote:
                    Nora... seeeeeeeee? I had been looking this morning for a FULL BODY VELCRO SUIT for you.. but couldn't find a picture! :H
                    Thanks Sunni - I found my Full Body Velcro Suit - I'll be using this from now on. :H

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

This one might be better:

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice Nora

It think it will go beautifully with the hot pink butt velcroe you shared with me last week :H
                        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mazzie;856569 wrote: Nice Nora

It think it will go beautifully with the hot pink butt velcroe you shared with me last week :H
                          I figure if my arms get velcroed out to the side, I can't lift the glass to my mouth. :H:H

Time for bed nesters!!! Thanks for always being here. It means a lot to have you here. Hubby just came in and asked if I was addicted to the computer. I looked at him and asked him if he was expecting him to give up something else now too. :H :H
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Geez....I go to graduation chruch service and miss 5 pages.....
                            Fennelmeister....I tapered off the Topa.....I was fuzzy and foggy and down......I decided if lots of others can do it "au naturel" then so can I......
                            But I tapered off pretty fast.
                            Nora girl....glad to see you back in the saddle
                            Chooks.....sorry you are struggling baby....so I am.....
                            Graduation is tonight....lots of family coming in . so you may not see me till tomorrow
                            I love you guys
                            Mama
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

So last night was so tough that to avoid The Beast I had to go to bed...at 8:30. (Can't drink while asleep, right? Although I guess one could try taking a bottle of gin to bed. "Sleeping with the Enemy")
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-nut good defence! Do you feel better this morning? I have been getting through the evenings without drinking, but my sleep patterns are rubbish. I toss and turn most of the night, my mind just wont turn off. It's like I have to re-learn how to put myself to sleep.
                                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X