Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Originally posted by narilly View Post
    I GOT THE JOB!! You are the first ones to know Thanks for all your support :heartbeat:
    xo
    :woohoo2::bravo:
    Congrats- imagine if you were having to deal with a hiring process, while carrying around your dark passenger (AL)?
    Good for you
    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Hola mi amiga's!

Quick check in. All's good. Morning sadhana done. Day 2 hundred and something........In Guayaquil ecuador. i'll try post pics when i can. A few mid trip changes here and there that have been a little distracting, but overall i'm grateful for this adventure, not to mention being sober throughout!

Big waves to evabody. Congrats narilly! L8tr g8trs...
      2 hundred and something days is amazing Guitar! Glad your doing well!
      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I survived my 12+ hour marathon with 2 busy boys yesterday, haha! It was extra tough with them because we’ve been socked in with heavy rain & I couldn’t get them out to run off some of that energy. Ona positive note I slept better than usual last night

Narilly., CONGRATS to you :welldone:
        I hope this job is a perfect fit & you love it there!

G, keep on enjoying your travels

NS, I sure hope you get to spend some wonderful weekends & vacations with your grandson as time goes on :hug:

Hi there Matt, Slo & everyone checking in later.

I’ve been working on getting things ready for a craft fair next month, fun times!
        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congrats, Narilly! I was going to offer you MY job if you didn’t get it. lease:
          Im so happy for you!
          Murph, you sure can’t choose your family. Trust me on that one. I learned a year ago that the dad who raised me isn’t my bio dad! I sure wish I could have a conversation with my mother now. She’s been gone for 35 years. She was a mean sober person, never drank at all, that’s a frightening thought, no telling how she would have behaved if she drank. I’m so sorry you are dealing with that. No amount of anything you do will change her. You are a saint for trying.
          As Available say, TFIF, we’ll, almost!
          Hugs to all. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

afternoon nesters

I have man flu but am reading (trying to) each and every day. All i can say is thank god i dont drink or smoke anymore. Just dealing with the flu is enough without the extra additives. Took 3 visits to the doctor before i got antibiotics and they seem to be working now.

Oh Nar i am so happy for you getting this job and i hope its all it should be.

back to bed i go.

happy travels G, its bloody freezing here and wont stop raining.

take care xx
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] - Hooray for official congrats now!!! When do you start? What type of work will you be doing? That's freakin' awesome, and no offense to Byrdie but I'm glad you didn't have to take her job (and now let's find another one for Byrd as well)

[MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] - sorry to hear about the flu. Hope you feel much better soon. At least you don't have a hangover on top of it all. :hug:

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] - Hola amigo, parece que tu viaje va muy bien! Fotos por favor cuando tengas tiempo. Disfruta Ecuador - es tan hermoso! (It sounds like your trip is going very well. Pictures please when you have time. Enjoy Ecuador - it's so beautiful!).
              Last edited by wagmor; June 20, 2019, 11:12 PM.
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Congrats- imagine if you were having to deal with a hiring process, while carrying around your dark passenger (AL)?
                Good for you
                Thank you Matt, your posts are awesome. Ya, what a difference it makes without the dark side following me around.

Byrdie, uh...thanks but no thanks on the job offer, haha. Hey it is Friday so soon you will be enjoying the weekend.
                Lav, I love going to craft fairs. I am not crafty but I appreciate all the work that goes into making beautiful things. I would buy your stuff for sure!

Wags, thanks for the congrats. I start on Tuesday and it is in the oil and gas sector which is our major sector in this province. I wish it was in growing trees but that is the reality of our economy. Hope you are kickin butt

G, thanks for the Congrats and glad you are having such a good time. You are raaawkin too! I am singing in the choir at a beautiful church in the city on Sunday. We are singing about 10 songs, it is so much fun. Oh, and I went to a concert last night and it was amazing, probably one of the best concerts I have seen. I was dancing and singing the whole time. You would have loved it.

Ava, Man cold, haha that sounds like you. Hope you get better soon. Just snuggle up with Carl and get lots of rest. xo

NS, glad you are able to spend so much time with your grandchildren. It is so nice to be a sober Grandma.

Belle, Murph, Overit, hope you are hangin in there.

Well, I am off to the hospital to see MIL and then hopefully to the market. I may buy a new dress for my new job.

xo
                Don't drink today.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Narilly-CONGRATS! Another great new start.

Available-sorry about the flu. Hang in there.

Murph-How are you doing?

This morning Matt's ugly passenger poked it's head up. "Hey you've got 15 days under your belt. Let's celebrate with a drink tonight. You've not take AB in 3 days so you might get away with it. Come on." That creep! I hurried up and took an AB before my AL brain knew what was coming. Then I flipped the birdie and all is right now. Whew! That's why I keep it on hand. I would have fought with myself all day, been miserable if I felt I was depriving myself and probably gave in. Then I would have had GSR brothers visiting plus probably a KILLER head ache to top it off. What a waste of time. Now that is all off the table. I'm looking forward to a great sober intentional day.

Everyone, don't drink today.
                  The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Hola friends,

Hi Overit. Great job on 15 days! That ain't no chicken feed (with respect to the Stella). Can't recall if u were here when i was on AB. I still have some as i wasn't on it long, but i found it to be very helpful, especially like u say if i popped a 1/2 or 1/4 tab first thing in the morning before AL/Dinosaur brain kicked in! That was a good strategy for me. I found though through trial and error, that it came down to me working on myself. i.e. my perspective and thinking, outlook, attitude, who am i? what do i want out of my life? I make an effort to address these things now daily. I turn up for myself everyday no matter what, no matter who with an easy no frills do able self care practice. i.e. minimum 1 x set basic yoga. 5 mindful breaths. That's it. That's all i must do, no negotiation. I know if i start to try and negotiate on 2/3 minutes of basic self care, then it's a red flag/where's my head at and why? Daily exercise of anything, no stress, plus making an effort to eat healthy and feed my mind body spirit.

Raaawkin Narilly in the choir! r u a tenor, soprano baritone?

My first meeting today over lunch with chica number uno. Went fairly well i think. We're meeting tonight and take it from there. Haven't totally worked her out yet, but i can see she's honest and a decent person at least. Attraction wise?.......Hmmm, well i sure ain't no oil painting, but maybe i could go for her. She is kinda cute. A policewoman at the airport gave me a beautiful smile and kept looking over as i was waiting for my date. Difficult terrain G man! Slow down boy. I reckon things will be a little lively for the remainder of my trip.

Big waves to evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

We had a beautiful sunny day, blue skies & zero rain!! The past few days were very damp, especially yesterday.
                      My chickens are happy to be out & pecking around again ~ yuo know the Stella, LOL

G, only one female at a time buddy - haha!!
                      Glad you are enjoying your stay.

Narilly, you must be feeling such relief now that the right job has appeared for you
                      I hope your MIL is OK.

Overit, keep hanging in there & Congrats on your awesome 15 AF days!!!

Ava, feel better soon :hug:

Hello to Byrdie & Wags, Matt & everyone else checking in today.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TFIF!
                        Im having computer problems on top of everything else! Glad I don’t drink, this would have been a brown liquor day!
                        It’s only Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, All:

CONGRATULATIONS, Narilly! That's awesome. So glad for you. What was the concert?? I love live music - always have - but to me it is so much more enjoyable sober. I can't believe I used to waste all that time standing in line for beer and the bathroom...

G - Happy date. I hope it goes well and you get what you want/need. Happy continued travels.

Laura? How's it going? All you other Newbies? Keep coming and checking in - we won't bite.

Ava - take care and have a great sleep

NS - You must be so sad. I really do hope I get to live near my grandkids. I hope I get grandkids. I hope I don't get grandkids any time soon...

Happy SOBER Weekend!

xo
                          Pav

Comment

That was a good strategy for me. I found though through trial and error, that it came down to me working on myself. i.e. my perspective and thinking, outlook, attitude, who am i? what do i want out of my life? I make an effort to address these things now daily. I turn up for myself everyday no matter what, no matter who with an easy no frills do able self care practice. i.e. minimum 1 x set basic yoga. 5 mindful breaths. That's it. That's all i must do, no negotiation. I know if i start to try and negotiate on 2/3 minutes of basic self care, then it's a red flag/where's my head at and why? Daily exercise of anything, no stress, plus making an effort to eat healthy and feed my mind body spirit.
                            That's it in a nutshell, thanks G man.
                            Hi to all the newbies, oldies, and returnies. Let's keep this train on track!

Comment

Hola friends,

Hi Overit. Great job on 15 days! That ain't no chicken feed (with respect to the Stella). Can't recall if u were here when i was on AB. I still have some as i wasn't on it long, but i found it to be very helpful, especially like u say if i popped a 1/2 or 1/4 tab first thing in the morning before AL/Dinosaur brain kicked in! That was a good strategy for me. I found though through trial and error, that it came down to me working on myself. i.e. my perspective and thinking, outlook, attitude, who am i? what do i want out of my life? I make an effort to address these things now daily. I turn up for myself everyday no matter what, no matter who with an easy no frills do able self care practice. i.e. minimum 1 x set basic yoga. 5 mindful breaths. That's it. That's all i must do, no negotiation.
                              G, this is so true! I do need to work on myself, I've realized this. Otherwise I'll keep in this ugly cycle. I have been considering a tattoo.....NN. It stands for Non Negotiable. Everything about me. My sobriety, my faith, my ethics, etc.

Good morning to everyone. I'm looking forward to a GREAT sober day.

A great book to read "Keep the Change" by Becky Tirabassi
                              Last edited by Overit-still; June 22, 2019, 08:28 AM.
                              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Quick fly-by this morning to check in AF one more day. Hope you are all having fantastic weekends. We went for a long bike ride yesterday and have two more planned for today and tomorrow. I am excited

Make it a good one!
                                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X