Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just so you know I go on FB primarily for the giggles & sometimes to blow off a little political steam
    I am not jealous of anyone, my life is what it is & that’s just fine with me.

Jane, nice to see you checking in

Jvo, do whatever you need to do to attain mindpeace because that’s what is need right now. Read book, unplug FB, whatever it takes!

Hello to everyone, you’re all sounding pretty good. What more could a nest mom ask for? Lol
    We just had a thunderstorm & it certainly feels cooler, hope it stays that way!!
    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post

G, we have to set a date for our date with STeady. Let us know. I'm anxious letting a man organise anything ha ha.
      Yes, wise words Ava! lol. I don't know yet. My anniversary will be mid september. Plenty of time.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning.

Kensho, I was functioning at 20 percent or less.couldn't get anything done, completely unmotivated. I’m feeling that coming back in bits. Still progress. Hope you have a better day.

NS, yes, will let you know. I chose “Lit”to read first, because I remember how I connected with it so much. Im grateful for the support team here. Blessed.

G, I read Russel Brand’s book. I’ll be rereading that one eventually. So many good books out there. I love the memoirs more than the technical “how to get sober” books. I”ve got lots of those books, but I”lol get halfway through and get completely bored. I need a story! But by now, we all know why and how I drink. It’s just putting one foot in front of the other ODAT.

Ava, yes, my witching hour is like 5 or 6 hours some days. I keep myself busy at that time, even just watching a show on Netflix. Isn’it weird how we notice people drinking when watching shows. Like that shouldn’t matter.

Byrd, yes, trying to be mindful. Ain’t easy but hopefully I can work on training the brain to do that. That guy was super mindful of his brownie!
        Sounds like burnout has hit you at your job as mine has. Hugs to you. It’s rough out there.

Lav, I’m unplugging Facebook for now. Life has enough frustrations...work...and I don’t need to add an additional one. The less I know about what other people are saying or doing, the better.

Up super early this morning. I have Restless Leg Syndrome and it’s either getting worse, or meds aren’t working anymore. Will see doc about that next week and also sleep apnea. Anyone experience either of these? Two sleeping problems. It scares me. The RLS is severe. I take meds that they prescribe for Parkinson’s patients.

Have a great day.
        Last edited by jvo; August 8, 2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Morning nesters,Ava I think I crossed the biggest line when I realized drinking after a heavy night took the hangover away and wouldn't think twice of coffee in the morning followed by a few beers to get me going,to me that's probably bottom of the barrel behavior,hope you have something nice planned for your vacation Mr.G we'll all be here for your milestone in Sept J-vo I started reading "Lit" a few years ago and never finished it,I was still half in half out when it came to sobriety and sometimes that book was triggery (for me) and it was also kinda boring(to me) it's supposed to be a great book though so hope you like it,I had read her other books in the past and liked them,off to work here in a bit and I just try to look at the upside in situations,my customer yesterday told me he had a terrible week cuz his car caught fire and his computer took a dump,I told him at least nobody was hurt in the fire and he saved his golf clubs that were in the backseat and hey at least he got a NEW computer,I'm tired of negative thinking, looking for the silver lining in shit that pisses me off haha,waves to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post J-vo glad you are enjoying the book,I have alot of quit drinking books too that tbh bore me,"Easy quit drinking" is holding open my bedroom door atm haha,I should peruse it one of these days

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Holy moly! It feels like the northwest US here! The humidity is 88% (usually about 30!). I’m enjoying a cup of coffee on my front porch and listening to the birds. I stayed up late completing billing for the last 2 months. SO glad I’m caught up. I really need to sit down and see how I can do more along the way so it’s not such a big event. It’s amazing how much I tend put off things I don’t like.

Headed to the city for some creative time. Hopefully it’s more fun than stress; I’ve had enough of those days for a good while. I’m so glad alcohol isn’t a part of my morning. See ya later booze; I have no idea why I kept you around so long now that I know what an alcohol free life is like!

Hugs to all.
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, all:

I really liked Lit - I also read her other books, Pauly. I think I really related to parts of her story. I hope you enjoy. I also liked Drunkard by Neil Steinberg. He was a tough case, and is a good writer. I read most of them and all of the blogs as well. AND listened to all of the Bubble Hours. I got something from all of it, hearing different stories and ways to approach this.

Oh my goodness, Kensho, if I had a dime for everyone who has quizzed me (as I quizzed others before me!). I know there are a lot of people who contemplate their own drinking and look in amazement at me. I know I was amazed by non drinkers when I was in the middle of it.

Well, I woke up late and have to run.

Happy SOBER Thursday.
                Pav

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] I haven’t started reading it yet, but will. I paid enough for these books so I’m gonna reread every last one of them! That great you’re looking for the silver lining in everything. I guess it takes great conscious effort in the beginning and slowly becomes automatic.

Getting ready to settle down for the evening and watch Handmaids Tale. Anyone watch. It’s so dark yet so good.

I just saw on Facebook (nope, haven’t quit yet) that a well-loved school teacher was shot by a cop, I guess because he was acting erratically and had a gun pointed at them. So sad. 49 years old, had a great career teaching high school math, now gone just like that. He taught in the district where I went to school. Had two children. It really bothers me to see that. He must have been really hurting, depressed, or something to get in that state of mind. I feel bad that people that may have severe mental illnesses may not get the help they need because of shame. I know I’ve had and still do carry shame about all of my problems. I hope that goes away and I feel strength and pride. Many mentally ill people don’t have a support group, or maybe they choose not to look for one. Either way, very sad.

Have a good night.
                  Day 9 here and double digits tomorrow.

Comment

That's really sad J-vo I was gonna post earlier about my coworker,I was at work and her daughter called and said she's in the hospital yet again from drinking too much,my other coworker said that she had been telling her she doesn't want to live anymore and she's sick of life,this poor lady is 68 very religious but lost her son a few years ago in a motorcycle accident and she just hasn't been the same since,she's been in the hospital for pancreatitis, esophagus bleeding and pooping blood,she's had a DUI,a stint in rehab after the pancreatitis and did well for a bit but she just keeps going back to it,I hope she's gonna be ok

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We’re having very heavy rain at the moment but nothing was predicted, haha! I don’t think the weather folks have a clue anymore.
                      I took my husband to the dermatology office today for his 9th melanoma cutting on his back this summer. It’s been rather frustrating for everyone involved. Nurse Lav will be changing dressings once again.

Pauly, sorry to hear about your coworker’s ongoing depression. I’m afraid some people never heal from losing a child. My BIL sure didn’t after he lost his son & ended up killing himself 11 years later. We all tried to get him to let go of his grief but he just refused, sad

Jvo, I read about that teacher, another sad situation.
                      Suicide by cop is more common than you might think unfortunately. Severely depressed people will isolate themselves to keep their secrets, sad.

Hello to Pav, Kensho, G, Ava & everyone.
                      Byrdie, we posted at exactly the same time last night. Welcome home

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone,some sad stuff out there. I can’t imagine losing a child and the teacher getting shot sucks. Sorry about your BIL Lav, that is so tragic.
                        Ken I put off things I don’t like all the time.
                        Pav, I read those books, they are great
                        It’s good to see you JVo, you are doing great.

Thank goodness we are all ok and sober. There are a lot of crap things going on but us being sober isn’t one of them!

Lucky hubby of yours Lav, you take such good care of him.

I just wanted to check in and say goodnight.

Don’t drink today xo.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good morning,
                          IÂ’m enjoying my back patio and coffee. Not too many of these days left.

Pauly, thatÂ’s so sad about your coworker. I canÂ’t imagine losing my child but I know a few people that have and I donÂ’t know if they ever recover. Just last year, we lost a student (I had him a few years ago) due to car accident, another drugs, and the last girl committed suicide. The last one was such a shock. The boy in car accident was a donor and the man that got his heart was on a show with his parents. I donÂ’t know that I could survive.

Lav, yes I agree. Just look at the severely depressed people like Robin Williams who touched our hearts and funny bones for years. Kate Spade who had it all. So many people affected by mental illnesses. The list is very long. Hope your hubby is ok. Does he have to have further treatment after removing the melanoma?

Hi Nar:heartbeat:

I was looking for a movie to watch last night (this has been my go to thing and IÂ’m just loving the quiet time late at night) and found The Glass Castle. It sounded familiar and then I realized it was one in my stack of addiction books IÂ’d read years ago. Excellent yet such a sad life of a poor, nomadic family, dad a severe alcoholic, mom unstable. Really good read and good watch. Alcohol screws up not only ourselves so much, but also our families. He could never keep his promises or never finish jobs he started. That really screws with trust.

Have a good day. My niece is cutting my hair. IÂ’ve let it grow but I hate taking care of it. Back to short!

Comment

I don’t know why that A is happening but I’m not fixing it. I did fix last post! Just sloppy typing I guess.
                            Last edited by jvo; August 9, 2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Morning nesters,J-vo we understood your post even with the weird A thing going on haha,Glass Castle was one of the books I read when my youngest was really into reading as a teen and like you I thought it sounded familiar when the movie came out,very sad that and The Lovely Bones aah I cried forever and A Child called It was another I read around that time,no news on the co-worker,I doubt I'll hear anything unless it's really bad cuz I barely work with her cuz I work the morning shift and she works evening but hardly shows up anyways,gonna hit my dollar store and Walmart later,lunch with daughter then go meet grandsons teacher cuz school starts Monday already! Where'd the summer fly off to? Waves to all and have a fab AF day!

Comment

Jeez,just came downstairs and there was a news snippet about a drunk flight attendant on a plane all passed out,they say she took a breathalyzer after the plane landed and was 5 times the legal limit! Sad

Comment

Working...
                                X