Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hola mi amigas,

Pav, sorry to hear of the devastation there. I'm glad you're ok at least. Bush fire or any fire is a very scary thing to behold.

Wags, i'll take the hugs, high 5's and a hello gracias mi amiga.

Byrdy, yep your cake is a work of art. It looks super. Can only guess what it tastes like. A piece of that cake would round off a big plate of Lav's delicious leftovers!

Yo Pauly. S'up.

LC, good to have a plan. Great work. Have a great few days with ur mum.

Big waves to evabody. Off to work for me.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

morning nesters

Well another weekend done and dusted.

LC great work on 30 days, keep it going and going and going. Nothing or no one is worth drinking at and it will become the norm in your life at some stage. I was saying to my children on the weekend that i cant believe its nearly 6 years since i had a drink. It still amazes me to think about that - me this shell of a person 6 years ago could even hope to stop drinking. i didnt think it was humanly possible to get to where i am today, i didnt think i was strong enough or determined enough to stop but i plodded along until now those drunk days are a vague memory that dont cause me embarrassment anymore as "it is what it is", i did what i did, i cant undo it and its a part of who i am. The kids do still mention a few cringe worthy moments just to keep me on my toes.

Byrd what a beautiful cake, your talents are lost in that job of yours.

Pav stay safe, fires are so scary.

Wags, you are amazing at what you have achieved in your sobriety. Its been lovely to watch you grow into yourself over the years.

Well i had better get back to the salt mines.

Hi Pauly, Nar, NS G, Lav and everyone else.

take care. xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Well we finally got about 1.5” of rain this morning then like someone flipped a switch the sun came out, Lol

Pav, sorry to hear the fires are still so bad. I see the news feed on TV & just can’t really imagine. Stay safe!

LC, enjoy your last couple of days with your Mom. I imagine you have created some new, nicer memories

Wags, good luck to the test takers & wishing you loads of strength, haha!

Hello to Ava, G, Byrdie, Pauly & everyone.

May we all have a safe night/day in the nest!!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Byrdie, that cake looks SO good, YUM! Too bad you couldn’t sell cakes for a living. I would be your first customer.

Stay safe Pav my friend. Those fires look so scary, like Lave said, I can’t imagine.

LC, way to go on the 30 days, that is AMAZING! It just gets easier, keep coming back here. It really helps.

Wags, I agree with Ava, you are doing great.

Big waves to you GMan.
          Pauly, I hope your week is good.

I dressed up as a man last night and had a beard and moustache. It was hilarious. My friends house was decorated so well and she had Halloween themed food. It was very well done. I actually could admire this because I was sober.

Have a good night everyone and don’t drink.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Morning nesters,just a quickie from me-sneezing my arse off so hard to see haha, Narilly,that's AWESOME!! Glad you had fun Pav,you stay safe I really wish CA would get some rain to help a little at least waves to all have a Fab day and don't drink-its gross!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm checking in in the dark. Re-charged my computer yesterday at a friend's house who still has power which is also where we had dinner. We'll see about today. Making a PB and J for breakfast and lunch.

Kensho - what's up? I hope you're ok. Remember, use us if you need us!!

Sounds like fun, Nar. Yes, remembering everything clearly is a treat!

Happy SOBER Monday.

Pav

Comment

Hi Everyone. Snowy, icy morning here. Kids have a late start so the roads can thaw a bit, but a new storm comes in tonight.

PAV, sorry you have so much devastation around you. Makes me sad. I hope you are out of the lines. How quickly life can change. Thanks for checking on me, I’m good

LC - sending you a HUGE, wrap up hug for your 30 days!! You are sounding solid, present, rational and just where you need to be. Regarding the mom guilt, I tend to find that whether drinking or not, so don’t be too hard on yourself. We all do the best we can, and a large part of our kids growing up is them experiencing their OWN journey. There is only so much we can give them. Try to feel good about what you can give them and let the rest go.

Byrdie, sounds like the contractor is somewhat responsible. Hope this works out quickly for you. Sounds like a mess. On the other hand, your cake looks AMAZING! It looks delicious, of course, but your finishing touches also make it beautiful!! Wish I could wrap my mouth around a bite!

I have loads of work and deadlines - and trying to balance with kids and life. My design partner does not have kids and does not entirely understand that work essentially stops for me at 4pm. It doesn’t matter if kids are in the room or not, their interruptions and noise make productivity difficult.

My husband spent the entire afternoon drinking beer and watching football with his friend in our basement. He wasn’t falling over or anything, but this am we were awoken with dog barf all over - and he was very agro and negative. I remember that I used to react that way when disturbed on a hangover. Things are just not bad enough now usually to make me rage. I recognized it and was bummed that the day started that way. At least it’s not two of us hungover and nasty!!

Hang in there everyone. Life is hard sometimes, but worth being positive and sober!
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hola friends,

Quick fly by. Good to see u Kensho. Big waves to evabody.

Good luck over there Pav.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Just had a quick visit from son & grandsons to drop off fish they caught last week. I’m not a big fish fan but I may eat some, haha!

Pav, please take care & I really hope the fires are near done.

Kensho, glad to see you. Also very glad to hear you are juggling work/family & an AF life. You’re absolutely right, no one ever said it was going to be easy. But we do know our efforts bring positive results.

Pauly, still dealing with the allergies too :hug:

Hi G!

Narilly, glad you enjoyed the party, sounds like fun

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Kensho, I saw on the news this morning that your area is getting hammered with snow! Wish we could relocate that to Pav’s area. Just tragic, those fires.
                      Narilly, your party sounds fun! Glad you had a good time.
                      Lav, that dinner sounds yummy!
                      Another day in paradise here. Oy. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning, Nesters!

Just a quick check in before my mom and the girls wake up. We'll all have breakfast together and then head over to the airport. It's sad that she's already leaving... We had such a nice visit though and I'm happy that she was able to experience our life here, to get to know friends and how we live our daily lives.

I'll be in the Nest again this afternoon.!
                        xx

Comment

Glad the visit was good, LC. Now time to put the post-event let down plans in place. We’re with you. xx

Comment

Pav - thinking of all of you in Calif. It's really tragic

Nar - glad you got to enjoy such a fun and well-planned party

Byrdie - hang in there!

LC - sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your mom. Safe travels to her.

Kensho - great to see you, but sorry to hear about the dog barf and your husband's drinking and morning behavior. Hopefully your day got better.

Hellos and waves to Lav, Pauly, G, NS, Ava, and everyone else stopping by the nest today or this eve. Hope you all have good ones!
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi again, Nesters,

yes, NS, Plan is in motion. It will be necessary for me to be diligent in following it, keeping in close contact here. Today was ok, but I do feel a bit sad and edgy. It crossed my mind at some point, that the very biggest stress in my life was the all of the chatter and bull shit that went on in my head, all of the guilt, second guessing myself, knowing I was acting in a way I didn't WANT to act. Even if I kept it to A glass of wine or A beer, my mind wouldn't let me rest. Now without the alcohol I'm ok. There are a couple of things I wish I had better under control.. but as long as I don't drink, I'm ok. I don't ever want to go back to that awful place.

Pav, I hope you're doing ok. :hug:

Wags, Kensho, Lav, Ava, Pauly, AB, Byrdie, Gman, Nar, everyone else stopping by today.. wishing you a nice Tuesday. Big hugs..xx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

LC, glad to hear you are OK & have a good handle on your triggers. Stay close, check in with us frequently, please. Wishing your mom a safe trip home.

Hi there Wags, NS, Byrdie & everyone.

Not much going on with me, just trying to keep my cool while my spouse goes thru his colonoscopy prep today, Lol
                                It’s not fun, I know that but it’s also not my fault/issue - right? Hahha!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X