Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I lived. Get to come back, too! LOL

I actually had a very nice day... wasn't really planned like this... but hey...
    Both, my daughter and I had an appointment with the dentist, so by the time we were done it was after 11:30am. Time for lunch, of course! LOL I took both of us out, we had a lovely sandwich, coffee, and chat, a few giggles to go and decided to try and remember what was on the shopping list at home. Since the weather had deteriorated quite substantially from 9am (and it wasn't great then), we decided to stop at the store on our way, rather than go out again later. When we got home, we had to shovel ourselves IN to driveway - so by the time that was all said and done it was after 3pm. Pffhhhh. Not much sense starting to work now! LOL

So, I've puttered around, peeked in here a couple of times.. and I think I'm just going to make it a really lazy day today. So there.

How is everyone else today?

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad to be back in the nest after a long day at work. I had no dental appointments, nor did I have to shovel snow, so, I guess I had a pretty good day! I'm dirty dog tired though since Mr. Sandman missed my house last night. I was awake most of the night. Should be an early night for this bird. Looking for a fresh twig for the evening.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

goodness goodness...

...for those who follow mulitple posts......You will understand how frustrated I am because my post didnt stick. ugh. grrrr.

Ok, let it go.

Sticking close to the nest to watch it snow and watch LOST.

Sun...thanks for the support. I will take it slow....7 days....thanks. Ahhh. much better.

Scoot over on the couch.....i'm settling in for the night.
        pass the popcorn...my show is on.
        shhhh....:l
        a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine-My plans after 30 day? Well for me drinking isn't an option. hehe! Seriously though, I've been working on an updated recovery plan. More long terms goals. I've started a few AA meetings to add some face to face time with people. Starting to ease back out into the "real" world. AL took up so much of my time and energy. It feels good to be free of it. (I say that with caution as I know I'm only one drink away from a train wreck.)
          So how about you SS-what are your plans after 30 days?

Dill-I'm with you-dirty dog tired! I think I'm going to get a book and a cup of tea and curl up over there on my twig.

Night to all the rest of you nesters as you fliter in to roost
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Within-cross post. How are you tonight?
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All, just checking in. Sun - I might complain about being sweaty, but couldn't do snow shoveling! Am doing fine, trying to wean myself off MWO a bit. Within - have a look at my drinktracker - took me a while to get in the swing of things. I eventually decided on 30 days AF as it took away the agonising and obsessing about 'will I have a drink today, and how many is ok?' at the minute "Drinking is not an option"! Got to run and walk my dogs, I've been neglcting them. B.x
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

I see that some of my little ones are calling it a night already. Curl up, close your eyes, take a deep breath, relax, and get cozy my cherubs....the day is done and you have succeeded once again....be as proud of yourself as your Papa is of you....
                P R

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters! Pass the worms please! I'll take red today. I went to sleep dirty dog tired and woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed! I'm beginning to wonder if the nest is the right place for me?!! JOKING! I would fall apart without the nest and the nestlings! You guys mean so much to me!
                  Well, let's go another day AF. It's not always easy, but it is so good.
                  Lil, hope you had a good night's sleep! Within, hang in there!, Sweaty, who do you go to to try to wean off of MWO? LOL. Renewal, thanks for last night's tuck in.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Mornin Dill....let's go around and wake up the others.........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning peeps,

R-thanks for letting us sleep in a little this morning.

Dill-here's your red gummy worm! Of course the nest is the right place for you. Where else would you get such lushes gummy worms? (Not to mention visits form George & Brad! LOL)

Sweaty-Keep on keepin on. You can do it.

With in-Hang in there. We've all been where you are and understand.

Well nesters-gotta fly. Hoping everyone a good day.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning.. well, afternoon, really... nestlings!

I'm flitting in and out and about - gosh, I don't want to jinx it, but it seems my up and go and energy ARE back! Thank God, and welcome back and it's ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME! :H

Anyways.. yes, much to do work wise.. I have so much to catch up on... hope you all are well and I will see you later!!!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi!
                          Only have a minute!! I'm back from sunny Florida...had a wonderful time..kept up with goals!!! Didn't fight with father...he kept up with his drinking habits!!! Just got back from Mass with my son and now have to go teach a class so I'm off and running again...hopefully I will be able to settle down and do some reading between loads of laundry tonight!! Wishing everyone well and happiness!!! Almost FRIDAY!!!! By the way---what I have read---YEAH!!!! SUNSHINE ON 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make Mr. WOndferful take you some place special....and it shouldn't be you making him do anything...it should be him...whisking your beautiful self off for a wonderful (WELL DESERVED evening) JUST BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or because I'll kick his ass....hahahaha!!!! I swore at school....lmao!!!!! haha!!!
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

So, it's time to return to the nest. Another AF day for me! Hope you all had good days today. I must say, the bitter cold and strong wind was disheartening. This winter does not want to let go yet! I think I'll turn in for the night. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a bird healthy, wealthy and wise!
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

G-nite Dill...goodnight to all of you...been a quiet day in the nest....gonna be even quieter for me the next couple days with my double shifts...keep the nest a buzzin and be good...I'll tuck ya all in around midnight tomorrow when I get home.
                              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps

Sd-glad you had a good trip to Florida. and no I don't want to hear how nice and warm the weather was while you were there. Winter is back here with cold and snow. brrrr!

Dill-You're sounding strong and positive these days. Even with the winter doldrums. I saw a robin last week but I bet he wishes he had stayed down south for another month.

Renewal-Thanks for tucking us all in. Get plenty of rest. This has been some kinda month for you.

I hope the rest of you nesters have a good day.
                                AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X