Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Un Hung Saturday everyone.

Lav, do you ship to Canada? I would love to wear one of your masks. Maybe it would take the focus off my chicken arms, haha.

Byrdie, I love bubble baths, I love baths in general and have one every night in the winter. Its a good way to warm up.

No quarantine projects here, just walking the dogs, reading, bathing, eating, texting and watching some tv. Oh, and going for a distance walk with my momma.

Have a good one!
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Kinda chilly today but no rain so that’s good.
      My grandson has been pretty good entertaining himself but he’s still noisy, haha!
      Trying to get a little sewing done here & there. I’ll be happy to ship a mask to anyone anywhere, just let me know

Hi Pav & Narilly & everyone.
      Someone here is looking for dessert so I’ll wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning nesters

Just a quick fly by. not much happening in my neck of the woods. My daughter came out for a couple of days which was lovely, asked her for a haircut of which she complained profusely, asked again this morning and she has to go and cut some customers hair so no hair cut for me! Oh well, i dont really have anywhere to go or see.

Had a busy week at work and now having 3 days off, they are encouraging us to take any leave time we have. The problem is there is no one to do my job when i am off but things are pretty quiet which is good. I keep hoping i will be able to catch up but not as yet.

A lovely sunny day here so carl and i may go out for a walk on the crowded pathways.

Nar, i hope your hubs is ok and stays safe.

take care xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Morning nesters, well chicken arms and chicken legs with a pigs body in the middle is what I'm feeling like these days haha! Been eating what we can grab when we're out doing people's shopping and deliveries, plus buying a nice sugary coffee on the road too, which is fine once in awhile but we've been doing it everyday! Tried to pack a lunch yesterday but it was yucky by the time I got to it, will figure something out, torn on when the world should open back up, Byrdie are they opening in your area? Kell read me something yesterday and I was wondering if it was by you, dunno how they can open Vegas up cuz it cannot possibly just go back to like before right off the bat, I'm sure masks and sanitizer is probably here to stay for at least the rest of the year, should be anyways, that's good cuz I can skip foundation and just use moisturizer, after all this my skin will be super soft everyone sounds super positive and good despite the circumstances, much love and wishes for a wonderful day for us all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick fly-by for me today. Had a nice day off yesterday and now three classes today. I'm as busy as I can handle with all the other stresses and responsibilities this isolation is bringing. Tomorrow I have to go inside the bank and have them fix an error they made with my dad's account, and also drop his car off to get the battery replaced. The car will be no contact but the bank I have to go in and speak with a senior teller or possibly manager. Just hoping the idea of having to wear a mask is enough to convince my dad that he himself doesn't need to go inside. I'm exhausted from that aspect of all of this.

Otherwise, all is well, no al in sight. I haven't shaved my own head yet but have considered it (not totally shaved but using clippers with about a 1" guard to take it all super short). We'll see how much longer this goes but I don't plan to put myself back out amongst lots of people any time soon.

Take care nesters :heartbeat:
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Quick check in Sunday morning.

Don't forget the chicken skin, Pauly! I am longing for warmer days...

I did a lot of weeding and trimming things yesterday - my arms are SORE. I count that as my arm workout.

Not much else to say. Ava, I can't believe she wouldn't give you a cut! I have long-ish straight hair, so I'm just going longer I guess.

Wags, my mom is exhausting also. I decided not to fight with her every time. I keep saying "I hope you don't get sick..." She doesn't do much, but the things she does make me so nervous. She did just go to the bank...

Happy SOBER Sunday, all!
              Pav

Comment

quick check in for me too. it is still a struggle, but I feel my AF muscles getting stronger. Lots of good advice regarding working at home. I need to schedule some breaks for myself, 'cause if I don't I will be a wreck by the end of the day and think of nothing but AL.

and there are always people in this house trying to get my attention. I think I'm going to mow the lawn to have some 'me' time. lol.
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Belle, in my last job, I found myself having to take frequent smoke breaks...to let the smoke come out of my ears! I used to tell one of my coworkers that my ears smoked, but I didn’t. Glad I’m not fighting that job on top of all this!

I ordered some hair culla off Amazon and they said that due to extremely high demand, to expect delays. Fortunately, I’m not entering any beauty contests this week. :haha:

The beach just up the road from us is experimenting with letting people back on to exercise/walk/run. We’ll see how that goes. It seems that the people who want to get out are extremely vocal. As my mother used to say, ‘If you can’t listen, you can feel’. I used to hate it when she said that, but I certainly ‘get it’ now.

Not much going on here, you aren’t missing anything. I certainly don’t miss obsessing over AL. I was sneaking some cookies a while ago and wondered how I would explain to hubs that we already needed to restock them on tomorrow’s grocery run. I had to laugh. If he only knew how bad my drinking was! Cookies seem pretty tame in comparison.

Foe some reason, I was scrolling back through some posts from years ago. There have been 1000’s of people to come and go from this site in the years I’ve been here. I wonder how they are doing in general and at this time in particular. I hope they have gotten help and support from somewhere. This is a lonely disease and would be even more so now. Thank you, fellow nesters, I know I’m not alone!

That was some concert last night, no?
                  Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

i need to make my own tool box with posts as well! it would be so good to have some of the things i read from you in one place. i thought of that before, but never got to it.

Ken, it's officially planking day 7 and i'm still going strong. i'm on 2mins and 30secs now.
                    it's not included in a more encompassing work out routine yet, but today i' finally started to do a chest/arm excersize that i like and that is not so depressingly hard for my chicken arms (Lav, if a chicken would have arms, they would look like mine). i feel my chest now, in a new way,so that must mean something.
                    maybe i can add one excersize to my routine every few days.

my dog is sick, he's gotten to the point where he's so skinny it's scary and today he was completely without energy, i feel so sad for him, and i'm really worried.
                    let's hope for the best.

i'd want to reply to your posts some more, i enjoyed reading them a lot. but i'm diving into bed with my book and have to get to sleep soon. busy day tomorrow...

hope you all are welldear people
                    AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

My grandson has gone home so I have my life back, such as it is Haha!
                      Just back from my walk, nice out there today. My hair has a tendency to grow out in width in addition to length. You can just imagine what I am dealing with these days!!!

Julia, sorry about your dog? Have you had him to the vet?

Belle, how’s it going? I’m glad you’re feeling stonger, you can do this!

Byrdie, I would avoid that beach. It’s way too soon to let people loose in my opinion

HiPav, Pauly & Ava!

Wags, our bank has been closed for weeks, no going inside. The drive throughs are open as well as the ATM. Why not just use the drive through to get your Dad’s business straightened out? Much safer that way

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                      I am baking Polish sauerkraut rye bread & boy does it smell good

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Un Hung Monday everyone.

Byrdie, I think about people who used to post here too and wonder how they are. I hope they are doing well also. Yeah, I see the people in the States demonstrating. I guess all you can do is take care of yourself and your family- stay safe.

Julia, sorry about your dog. That sucks.

Lav, that bread sounds delicious!! YUMMMY!

Ava, I need a haircut and colour too. Not sure when that is going to happen but I may be an old gray lady soon.

We had female police officer killed yesterday along with 16 people in Nova Scotia. So sad. The officer had 2 kids and a husband, so sad. The largest mass shooting in Canada's history.

We are going to have a week filled with glorious weather, I am very happy about that.
                        Hello of everyone! G, Belle, Pav, Wags, Pauly, LC, Ken.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks for the laugh LAV! I have been interested in owning chickens to have more quality eggs and to be a bit more self-sufficient. Are they hard to care for?

NS, thank you for that reminder about what we can control. It’s a MUST during this time. I used to be so afraid of all illness but then I realized that all I can do is my best at being healthy and active and the rest is up to nature or God - and my job is to have the journey!

Nar, hope your walk with your mom was nice. I long to hug my mom. I will bring her groceries today, but will maintain a 6’ distance with my mask.

Wags, I’m glad you have enough on your plate. I long for a little more structure. I am not being productive at ALL. I have so many little projects I have wanted to get to and I am not. It seems like it’s noon before I know it and dinner time in another blink.

Julia, I can do 2 min. planking, thanks to you! I had to take it easy, as I had a migraine every other day for the lat 10 days. Yesterday seemed to be a turning point - I’m ok this am so far! I’ll try to do 2:30 today and let you know how that goes!

I am sensing the f-its with society… people are getting really tired of being careful and cooped up. It is a hard way to live. My son broke down last night and cried about how he just wants to be in school, and eat IN a restaurant, and walk down main street and go in shoppes. I was glad he opened up to us. We are all feeling that to some extent in my house.

One cool thing about this time is seeing people’s humanity. Talk show hosts are without makeup and on iPhone videos, and terrible hair cuts are the norm and accepted. The rosy-glass vanity has disappeared for a bit, and it’s refreshing.

Take care everyone! It’s lovely to know you all are out there, and such quality people. I appreciate you!
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Congrats to the planners. That is awesome!

Kensho, it is refreshing to see famous people are actually people after all! I mean, Elton John was performing in his driveway Saturday night during that world aid concert. Heck, Charlie Watts with The Rolling Stones played air drums! How could he not have a set of drums at the house? G-man, could that be possible for a professional musician? I heard an interview with Linda Rognstad one time where she said you never have to remind a professional musician to practice, they are always connected to it. Anyway, it is neat to see people being themselves...warts and all.

We had rain this morning, but the sun is trying to peak out. Everything seems a little better when the sun is shining.

Trying to count my many blessings these days, high among them is my sobriety and this nest!
                            Hugs and chicken arm waves to all :checkin:Byrdie
                            Last edited by Byrdlady; April 20, 2020, 01:13 PM.
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

i'm going to the vet tomorrow, she said i should see if the situation would change for the better today. he is eating again, though can only stomach low-fat food.
                              i'm tired. i'm off to bed.

how did the 2.30 mins go Ken? i did 2 mins, short break (secs, not mins) and then 1 min again on Saturday before i had the guts to try 2.30 mins on Sunday. i'msorry to say i'm skipping today. it's not good now. i'll do 2 times tomorrow, promise to self.

hugs
                              Last edited by julia1970; April 20, 2020, 04:21 PM.
                              AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Morning nesters

Byrd, i always wonder about past members, we have seen a lot come and go over the years. Apparently our drinking has gone up due to COVID, i think maybe people are stockpiling so they notice it more. I can imagine drinking out of boredom though if i was drinking.

Kensho, i had a shocker migraine the other day, my neck is out. The dr prescribed me some Maxalt (?) which are wafers and of course i forgot about them but did end up taking one after 8 hours and it worked a treat. I will be remembering next time.

Nar, that is so sad about the shooting, the poor family.

Belle, your pup is just gorgeous. They all have their individual quirks. Keep up your not drinking and remember YOU are the priority in all of this.

Julia, my dogs dont eat tinned food at all, i cook them chicken. Maddison, who died last year, kept getting pancreatitis from tinned food and that made her so sick. Carl is too fussy to have tinned food.

Yesterday i turned 56, god where did that number come from. I am totally grateful though that i am sober now as i am pretty sure i would not be here posting if i had of been drinking still. I celebrated my 50th sober and will definitely be celebrating my 60th also. I had a nice quiet day, i am glad i am a homebody anways so didnt worry much about going out.

Take care and stay safe xx. Big hi to everyone.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X