Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning nesters, Pav I miss cross posting with you too I'm bored now, this reminds me of when the kids were little and I was a stay at home mom, I'd try to fill my day with things to do but there was just a mind numbness that would take over, easier then tho cuz I had the little ones to care for, it's worse now cuz I just talk to Winslow most of the day and he's getting sick of me haha, Byrdie, sorry about the orange hair, I had my brush with the orangeness too when we were doing some hilights last Saturday, I had a really vibrant red a few months back and when Kell put the bleach on the red/orange wouldn't go away! It would have if we kept it on longer but I was over sitting there so I just covered it with a dark brown, now you can see a bit of the hilites but very subtle, hope hubs can fix yours much love to all and wishes for a happy AF day Ava, glad your daughter only has the flu, pretty sad when we hafta be happy it's "only" the flu but I'm glad she don't have the other one
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Un Hung Friday everyone.
      Went for a walk this morning and now I am going to have my coffee on the deck. So grateful to be feeling good so I can enjoy my coffee without a headache, dry mouth, wine lips and teeth etc. Yay!!

Autocorrect is my worst enema
      Good one Byrdie, lol
      At least it isn't an enema on top of the car hey NS? haha your story was funny, i bet your son in law just cracked up.
      I get voice to text messages from my mom, she has an accent so the voice to text changes her words all the time and the beginning of the voice mail usually goes like this: "Hello Homo.." which always cracks me up.

Everyone sounds good, I talk to my dogs too Pauly, they are my social life. I go to the dog park everyday and talk to the other dog people, it is really nice actually.

I need my haircut and coloured too, I can't wait. No ponytail for me either Lav.

Taking a semester off sounds good Pav, it won't make any difference in the scheme of things and who knows what will be going on in September.

Ava, nice that you are going to see your mom. Too bad you are getting more cases, hopefully it sorts itself out. We have the highest cases in our province here so our opening is being delayed a bit.

Big Waves to G and evabody.

Don't drink today and have a good one.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hola Nar and evabody!

Just having sex on top of my car with the neighbour. I meant to say, just told the neighbour it's a nice day, i might wash my car.

Some folk swear by coffee enema's. Haven't tried it meself.

Big waves to all. Take care and take it easy. It's only the weekend, not a freakin ticket to no cotton pickin boozeville, see?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Friday evening greetings from Lav-land

Fairly nice day here, sun arrived mid-day. It ended up being 83 humid degrees this afternoon, just like summer.
          Took a ride this afternoon to a country store about 40 minutes from here. They sell everything from fabric to hardware & tools. I bought fabric, LOL
          The mask making must go on

Byrdiem I imagine liquor stores are essential to active drinkers but it does seem ridiculous. Have fun with the hair coloring experimnent. Look up a you tube video for your husband to watch before attempting to do your hair.

Ava, try drinking a gallon of water before donating blood/plasma agian. Sometimes the sudden low volume causes shock-like symptoms. That’s nice of you to donate though.
          Our hospitals are opening up for elective admissions/sugeries too. They are the money makers here in thge US (hip & knee replacemnets mostly). Tell your daughter I’d be thrilled to see her at my door for a massive hair cut haha!!

Pauly, I talk to my dog of course but it’s really weird that i talk to my chickens. They respond - in their own way!!

Hey Nar & G! Coffee or tea only here & that’s my choice

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the. Nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Haha... this was one of the funniest strings of posts we've had in the nest in a long time! Especially all the ones about auto-correct doing the exact opposite of correcting. NS, yours wins the prize although the snot on the ground was pretty funny.

Ava - I'm a bit surprised to hear that you're opening up already down there - I would think heading toward your winter that officials would be bracing for cases to increase (and it sounds like they are). Sigh... good for you on being in the "careful" group. Glad your daughter's test came back negative and hope she feels better soon! Lav's suggestion about loads of water before next plasma donation is excellent and should help.

NS - I like what you said about how we'll have to navigate this new way of living that helps everyone feel comfortable, including the people who have higher levels of risk or greater concerns. It's really disconcerting to hear the anti-mask people acting like big bullies and just telling people who favor masks to suck it up or stay home. I'm so exhausted from the bullying mentality and attitudes and I hope so badly we see that tide turn soon. I don't understand why people can't just be kind to each other.

Byrdie - good luck with having your hubs fix the orange patch. Pictures or it didn't happen!

Nar - one of our favorite morning rituals is coffee on our back deck too! Except I don't drink coffee, but it's still a favorite time of day.

Okidoki - it's the freakin' weekend everyone lets have us some fun. I've got the next three days off except for one single tutoring session, so it's like a long weekend in Wagland. :yay: Hellos and waves to all!
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

BTW, I not only talk to my dog I also talk for my dog. She's got a quick wit if I do say so myself!
              Last edited by wagmor; May 15, 2020, 11:11 PM.
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

I have been laughing out loud with Byrdie's "autocorrect is my worst enema". Thanks so much for that.

This week flew by. I cannot believe it is the weekend again, I think it is at least. Most of the time I don't know what day it is either. Just work work work. Until there isn't any work like today.

Lav, i have been looking into mask making and there are tons of instructions/patterns out there. I would be interested if there is a link you could post about how you are doing it. I did make one (and a puppy bandana to match...talk about weird things we do to/with pets) and I gave it a pocket for adding a filter. It doesn't fit great and I might change the ear elastic. Do you make pleated masks?

Speaking of puppy, she escaped the yard through a hole in the gate where a rotting piece of wood broke. I had to chase her down...she is fast...and the only way to get her home was to outsmart her by sneaking around someone's dumpster, getting in front of her and chasing her home. I have been asking hubby for weeks to fix the fence/gate but he is more fixated on work and cooking. So I will be getting a name of someone from my neighbor who just had their fence completed. If hubs isn't interested in the job, I am sure someone is and with all the extra money I've been making working like a maniac, I can pay for it.

I'm so glad I checked in. I've been feeling the 'pull' due to too many people around and feel like I have nowhere to escape to. Boss mentioned coming back to office to me again yesterday. I told him 'I don't know about that' I cannot afford to get sick. He has no intention of getting people to come in and disinfect once, much less nightly. I work in a small room with poor circulation and two other people. Just thinking of all the people who come in contact with the copier buttons at the very least is frightening (and the copier is also in my office, so everyone just piles in).

Glad to have a straight head in all of this. This has definitely been my hardest quit ever.

If I do have any typos, I hope they are funny at least.
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

It has been a crazy day here. Visitors have PACKED onto our little island, I mean packed. Traffic was backed up for miles. The beaches are full, it’s unbelievable. It feels like people think that the problem is over! Our numbers in NC are dramatically increasing (more testing, naturally they will go up) but you still have to be half dead to get a test. Im disgusted by it all. I may be under house arrest for many months to come at this rate. Having a bad day (mentally). I got into a FB feud about the crowded beaches. Ugg! I’m trying to chill but I feel like we are now in a Petrie dish.
                  It’s a beautiful day. Hope everyone is staying strong! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  Last edited by Byrdlady; May 17, 2020, 11:54 AM.
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Byrdie, do you have any baking supplies on hand? Now would be a good time to divert your attention to something you love to do.
                    I’m looking at things this way - if the herd wants to go out & possibly be infected then they should. But they should also be denied admission to the hospital for care. Those precious hospital beds need to be saved for the individuals who truly tried to stay healthy but got the virus anyway. The healthcare community is being battered, you should read some of their horror stories. Take care of you, don’t worry about the idiots.

Belle, I have made several different styles & shapes of masks, one size just does not fit all. I have made 100+ pleated masks & am now working on the shaped masks. I think they all need a wire (twist tie or pipe cleaner) to assure the best fit. Presently I am making them with 3 layers, the middle layer being my non-woven stabilizer I use for embroidery. I don’t have the links handy but I’ll get them for you. I hope your boss reconsiders repopulating your office, geez.

Wags, enjoy your 3 days of freedom, for the most part, haha!
                    I’m out on my deck now with my decaf, watching the hummingbirds dive bomb the feeder. Awesome little things I can hear chirping/singing frogs too. If I sit long enough I’ll hear the wild turkeys too, LOL

Better get back to my projects before I get too tired.
                    Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Belle - haha, I forgot about Byrdie's enema - that was pretty hilarious too! Glad you got your pup wrangled back home. Sorry to hear about the pressure to go back to the office though. Stay strong in protecting your health - from what you described about your work, it sounds like your boss can't afford for you to get sick either, but your own self-preservation is reason enough.

Byrdie - ugh! about the visitors crowding your island and beaches. It's really scary how self-interested so many people are. I know individualism is a long-time part of U.S. culture, and it has some positives, but right now we're also seeing so many of the negatives. Please take care of yourself (I know you will).

Lav - I agree that people who are putting their own desires (not needs) above others should forego taking up a bed in a hospital if it comes to that. It sounds and feels harsh - I don't even like thinking that way - but it also seems fair. Unrealistic of course, but fair. Sigh... On a different note, we had a wonderful close encounter with a hummingbird today as well. She was feeding off a tree as we were walking by so we stopped and watched her flit and hover for several minutes. It was a good reminder about what truly matters in life, and it's a good example of a moment that would have been missed if we'd stayed home drinking.

Hellos and waves to everyone else in the nest this weekend. Hope you're all having fantastic days and eves. Eyebrow wiggles to you all (cuz there's a mask covering my smile )
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Wags, so glad you stopped in otherwise I’d really be feeling alone right now, haha!! Being outside & observing nature is on eof my favorite things too.
                        Our healthcare providers & first responders are doing the best that they can under the circumstances. But they’re still working without proper PPE & getting sick themselves. No one signed up for that kinds of hazardous duty for sure

I sure hope everyone is happy & healthy & staying on plan today. Clouds here all day so of course it’s much cooler. That’s OK with me.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav - yep, I'm here! Pretty quiet in the nest though - I guess everyone is out enjoying their spring (or fall, for Ava, Gman and others) days and eves. We had cooler weather here too and that's ok with me as well. If it's really hot here in May that's a bad sign for how hot the summer will likely be.

Here we go into another week everyone. Stick tight to the nest - we're all in this quit, this pandemic, this life together!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening nesters

Well a beautiful 2.7 degrees this morning, mmm winter is coming.

Wags, we dont have that many new confirmed cases which is great but i am still worried as we are coming into winter and everyone is becoming blase about it all. I think working in the medical field makes me more aware of what could happen. We now have people blaming the government for going too hard when we werent as bad as overseas but ffs dont they realise what could have happened and then they would be saying they didnt do enough. I love going for a walk and seeing nature at its best. i was busy singing today with my headphones in and didnt realise someone was beside their car. oops. It did turn out to be a beautiful day here.

Lav, i will talk to you. Thanks for the tip on drinking water, the nurse did mention that and i did think that someone may have mentioned that fact ha ha.

Good work Belle on paying someone to fix what hubs wont. Its sometimes easier.

I went into work today, i didnt really want to but its very quiet in there and we get our temp taken as we go in. I managed to get a new work laptop that has a pen! Thats about all i knowa bout it, my son was pretty excited about it but i am hoping i can load all the programs i need tomorrow. I did catch up with some work friends and had a coffee so it was very pleasant and i really need to try and get in weekly.

I did buy a new tv yesterday, the money i am saving from fuel and not parking is amazing. Remedial massage booked tomorrow, i am over my neck pain.

take care and be safe xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, All:

Funny series of auto "un" corrects. My son had that happen once (or so he claims). We were texting and he asked me if he could spend the night out. I said no, and he said "why bitch?" He texted RIGHT away to say "not...NOT...NOT!!!" I laughed because he was not the type of kid to call me bitch, so I knew it was an autocorrect gone wrong, but I milked it, and needless to say he did not spend the night out...

Glad you checked in, Belle, when you're feeling that pull. Maybe if you suggested to your boss that you come back in a rotation so you're not all breathing the same air all day?

Hi, everyone else. I don't have much to say. I have missed checking in more lately because I am on my computer all day, every day for work and it is hard for me to muster the will do open it up for this. I'll be more diligent, as I don't want to let my guard down. I read back, but now I can't remember what to comment on...

My son looked at me last night and said something like, "these are dark times," or something like that. He wants to go back to his college town where his friends are, but they're not social distancing much, and he wants to keep that up. I'm sure he'll end up leaving eventually, but I told him he couldn't come and go at will if he's not careful down there...

Happy Monday. I hope it is a good week for you all.

Pav

Comment

Hi Nesters,
                                Just a quick check in. Pav, this pandemic is so hard on the teens. There is nowhere for them to go to 'hang out'. I have had to allow them to have one friend over at a time. I am amazed at how well they are dealing with it though, I guess social media is a plus in this situation.

I have realized that sewing and making masks is very relaxing for me. Keeps my mind and hands busy. a good distraction from the pull of AL.

Got to take puppy out. Have a great day all!
                                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Working...
                                X