Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good MAE, Nesters,

Belle, I'm sorry to hear about your son and his positive test.. I hope you'll all have the mildest of cases and will recover quickly.:hug:

Kensho! Have a wonderful road trip! What a great adventure for you and your family.. you and your husband sound like a good travelling team, each bringing your strengths into the equation. Have fun..:happy2:

Wags, great to hear that your pup is in good spirits, seeming to be feeling well again. I'm envious of your cabins by the river.. sounds like heaven.

Julia, how are you doing today?:love:

Ava, thank you for the reminder to enjoy my days off.. I tend to get stressed due to lack of funds and the possibility of losing my job next year.. but where does worrying about the future get me? Nowhere! Staying in the moment, and that's working well for now.. I have no idea what WISH is, and I sure don't want to find out.. sounds dangerous!!

Lav, your weather sounds like ours.. we had a couple of gorgeous days of cool and rain.. unfortunately the temperatures are meant to skyrocket the next couple of days with high humidity.. Yuck!

Not a whole lot going on here. I've been going on some runs, went back to the gym today, doing some writing and painting and spending time with the girls.
    They're both travelling with friends this summer and I'll be staying put. One week long trip to visit a friend but that's it.. and it's ok with me. I'm reading an Elizabeth George book from 2005, dealing with institutionalized racism.. good so far.

Big hellos and hugs to NS, Byrdie, Pauly, Pav, Gman, Nar, all of you lovely Nesters. xx

Comment

Hey all. Belle, I’m so sorry about your son. I hope the rest of the family aren’t positive, too. I hope he has a very mild case.
      kensho, your trip sounds like a fun adventure. As we sit here in Fathers Day, I remember how my dad drove us to exciting places when we were kids. It’s been a day of mixed emotions. Knowing the man who raised me wasn’t my bio dad just makes me so sad.
      My new half brother called this morning, we had a nice chat. He is a good egg.
      Hub’s daughter came by for a driveway visit. It was good to see her.
      I worry my hubs has relaxed his vigilante, too. He read an article that said that it didn’t spread so much from surfaces, so he has latched on to that. I don’t trust that at all, so we’ll see what happens. I told him that things are getting worse, not better, it’s spreading somehow, Im not convinced they really know. One thing is for sure, it is wildly contagious.
      Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon. Hugs to all, Byrdie
      Today’s project: Strawberry Whoopi Pies
      14D8AFB8-551F-4B7F-BE7D-2C95DAE3CE78.jpg
      Last edited by Byrdlady; June 21, 2020, 03:09 PM.
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

hey all, just a quick message to let you know i've stayed sober this weekend. my love is with me, so more tomorrow.
        AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

So hot & humid today that every attempt to step outside to do a little something just drove me back in to the AC, haha! I am such a wimp in hot weather, ugh.
          Quiet day around here but that’s OK

Pav, my daughter-in-law is the cat collector actually & right now there’s 4 over there. They make me sneeze too.
          I hate to see kids get hooked on nicotine in any form, I know how hard it is to quit

LC, nice to see you. No trips for me this summer that I know of, oh well. Enjoy your time away, even a few days is nice!

Byrdie, strawberry whoopie pies, great idea & they look good. Think I’ll work up a dairy free version not that I need any extra calories right now haha! We also have blueberries coming in, yum.

Julia, glad you dropped in & are doing well.

Hello to everyone else & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Lav, just reading that made my mouth water. I LOVE fresh, in-season blueberries. I was in Michigan visiting my cousin a couple of years ago when the blueberries came in - she left 5 pounds in our fridge and we ate them ALL! And those whoopie pies look delicious, Byrdie.

LC, sorry for your financial stress, but it sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy - exercise and self care. When is your daughter moving with her husband? Is she? Now suddenly I can't recall if they're GOING to get married or if they got married?

Not much to add today, just checking in. I'm off to work after a couple of days off - the morning always comes early...

Pav

Comment

Good lord, it’s hot and humid! I stepped outside a minute, broke into a sweat and immediately came back in. Sheesh! I sweat thru my face so I look like a freak when it gets this hot!
              5 pounds of blueberries, Pav?! You must have looked like Violet from WillieWonka!
              Julia, great job of staying sober, a day at a time!
              Hugs to all, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Belle, crossed fingers here, hoping you all have a mild case.
                and Wags, i'm very happy to hear your doggie is feeling better...
                sorry i'm not responding to you all so much, it's not from disinterest, quite the opposite. i'm just having a hard time writing anything at the moment.

i'm thinking finding things worth while enough to keep me from relapsing is a sign in the good direction.
                when not working i'm trying to take care of myself by keeping myself to a basic routine, like eating, drawing (portraiting, which doesn't take any inspiration or zest, but still gets my hand back in shape), breathing (which i tend to forget) and reading. out of the hole in the back of my sink grows a tiny plant right now (a feeble little shoot), so life appears and will have it's way even out of seemingly impossible and dark places.

Lav, i've gotten down from 8 drops (16 mg) to 1 drop (2mg) of ad's i think starting december. last step down i think beginning of april.
                i believe all the symptoms i'm showing are part of a process i just have to work through.

fortunately my work is less demanding this week, so maybe i can manage to keep some balance energy wise.

take care you all, i hope you are fine.

shoot.JPG
                Last edited by julia1970; June 22, 2020, 04:14 PM.
                AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Had some fun today after I went & picked up my younger grandson. He’s been eating non-stop, haha! His mother will be picking him up shortly.
                  Hotter. Today than yesterday yet not as hot as tomorrow will be - oh boy!

Julia, I hope you continue to do as well with the remainder of the tapering. Is there any reason why you would need to be completely off the AD? Maybe a small dose daily is the ticket to amintaining your mood & energy. Stay well! Love your little plant by the way

Byrdie, all this sweating is NOT helping my uncut frizzy hair situation Haha!!

Pav, we purchased the blueberry bushes from a farm in NJ a few years ago & they certainly have not disappointed.
                  Hope your day was easy!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Un Hung Tuesday everyone.
                    It is warm here but not sunny today. It would be really hot if it was sunny.

Blueberries are yummy. We have some BC Red Cherries and they are delicious.

I took my mom to the dentist yesterday. We had to fill out some forms online before we went then sit in the car until they called us in. One person could only go in and they had to be masked up. They asked patients not to use the washroom unless absoloutely neccessary. Everyone in the clinic had all the PPE on. It was very interesting.

Byrdie, I can't imagine what those old memories are like now that you know he is not your Bio dad. xo

Anyway, no drinking thoughts here right now because I don't drink!

Have a good one.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good MAE, Nesters..

It's been a good Un-hung Tuesday, Nar! A lovely not-too-hot summer day, with a light breeze. Do you all have AC up in BC? We don't for the most part here and it's supposed to be 95°C this weekend, which is going to kill me! The cats and I might die..:happy2: Have you been getting out for some nice walks with your pups? Do you have outdoor swimming in the summer?

Julia, I liked your last post.. sweet little plant growing up to remind you. Thanks for sharing..

Those whoopee pies look great, Byrdie! As did the cake a few days back! I'm baking a peach crumble and some little buttery cherry cakes tomorrow for a 3pm tea time date.. it's a bit too hot to bake imo, but it will be nice once we're seated and eating.. mmmm..

Pav, my daughter did get married but she'll be living with me for at least another year, as her new school is just down the street and she wants to see how challenging it is before making any big changes (aside from getting married!). I'm not sure if I mentioned that she found a career she's passionate about (Midwifery) so she's back to school to get her diploma and then off to study. Are you travelling at all this summer? Have you been hitting the trails?

Lav, I'm jealous of your blueberry bushes! I try to eat as many as I can during the summer months here.. and watermelon! Still waiting a week or two for those. How old is your youngest grandson again? Is he the one who talked your head off recently? That reminded me of my daughters and how they used to talk me to death.. now I have to pull it out of them! Not really, but I do have to go searching for them..

Shoot. I can't remember who else I wanted to respond to.
                      Not a whole lot going on here.. just trying to stay out of trouble! I've been going to the gym again and my whole body is killing me.. I look like an old lady robot walking around. But at least I'm past the agony of the trying to get myself back in there. I will NEVER understand why it's so difficult to get motivated to do something that makes me feel so good.?

Summer break begins today for the schools.. though it seems like we've been on break forever! Looking out my window, you'd never know covid was a thing. With the exception of going into shops/dr's/banks, nobody's taking care anymore. Our numbers are very low and have been for some time.. but now that the borders are opening and people will be travelling.? Let's see. I have to say, I still don't mind being at home.

Hugs to you all! Make it a good one!xx

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Waiting to see if we get another huge downpour this evening after another day of heat & humidity. Certainly keeps things lush & growing well around here, haha!

LC, my younger grandson is 9 & he has the gift of gab I think a lot of it is ADHD nervous energy but I can handle it for a while.
                        The watermelons are going to be a while but they’re growing. I’ll be interested to hear about the midwife education over there as compared to here. It is something that I thought about when I was a much younger nurse but the closest program was out of state, too far for me at that point. Your daughter will certainly have an Exciting career

Narilly, there’s a nearby fruit farm that is advertising’pick your own’ cherries right now. If it wasn’t so hot I would go!!!!
                        Glad you were able to get your Mom out for care. I went myself To have blood drawn & it was nice, no one else was there. The waiting area is small & usually crowded.
                        As long as the AC is on I will continue to bake with all this fresh fruit, yum.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just dropped by to see how your all doing. Catching up on posts and very impressed with everyone’s determination to stay with each individuals program.

Many blessings sent to you all.

🤗
                          "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

I donÂ’t have permission to click the like button or than you button any more . It pops up when I read all the wonderful achievement and daily tests and I am grateful that I got to read what I could before shut down .

Hugs and lots of positive vibes to you all.
                            "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Hi, All:

LC, I love the idea of being a midwife. I have been present for 8 births (plus my own two) with friends and family, and it is so exciting and usually such a happy event. (when it is not happy, it is devastatingly sad...) That's a great choice. Nursing was my other career option, but since I didn't really take science in college I decided to pursue education. I do love what I do, but that remains the "path I didn't take" in my mind.

We had a socially distanced family gathering for a birthday last night. We stayed outside and stayed apart, wearing masks by the food and when we were near each other. I have to say it was a lot of fun to actually see a bigger group and just laugh.

The good news is that I could have that much fun without drinking. In the past, I would have had three drinks at the party and another one while cleaning up, and I would be tired and hungover this morning on my way to work. Weekday activities are much more fun now, and much more doable. Thank goodness I don't drink.

Happy SOBER Tuesday. Hope all is well.

Pav

Comment

Hi Nesters,
                                Hearing about KENSHO's travel makes me jealous. Hubs and I spent our honeymoon camping (2 person tent camping) through the American southwest for 3 weeks. We did hit up a hotel now and then. We were going to revisit the region 2 years ago, but then my son had all kinds of issues about going to college so we did a Pennsylvania road trip, including a visit to his college to whet his appetite again. It worked and we also enjoyed time in Gettysburg and Philadelphia.

Wags, so glad your pup is doing well enough to travel with you. I hope you are having an easy time getting those antibiotics in her. Piper the pug was a master at finding any pill we tried to give her, and spitting it out. Staying in cabins and enjoying the outdoors sounds wonderful (says the person in family quarantine). I love the outdoors, even though I am a mosquito buffet.

Son is completely recovered. Hasn't coughed in 2 days, so he has one day to go and then he can be released from quarantine. The rest of us still are and I am waiting for the results of my covid test. After a virtual visit, dr decided my daughter is assumed positive and doesn't need to be tested. She lost her sense of smell over the weekend...big red flag. Boyfriend is staying in a cabin with 7 friends in the Shenandoah mountains this week. I am so worried that he is covid +. He must be, because he just couldn't keep his lips off daughter. even when he knew there was covid here. We made sure his family knew and it was up to them how to handle. I am surprised they let him go on trip because he could infect 7 other families.

Son has not had one complaint about the quarantine. I think he is enjoying it. Last night he was out on the deck at midnight sketching fashion designs he had been thinking about. We have an umbrella with LED lights inside of it that run on solar power that is stored during the day. Also daughter and boyfriend installed lights that go around the top of the deck so it looks pretty cool. He looked so peaceful working out there last night.

My bad headaches stopped yesterday, and I hope they don't come back. I think Lav said she knew someone who had headaches for 3 days with Covid and that was all. Hopefully that is all for me. I'll be surprised if I test neg, but again the tests have a lot of false negatives. I still have plenty of work I can do from home and I feel good enough to do it.

I'm envious of all you bakers. I used to love to bake but in the past year I have lost all interest in the kitchen. Since the iron chef entered the scene, the kitchen just doesn't feel like 'my space'. I am happy to be sewing again.

Mostly I am happy to be sober. I cannot imaging pining for a drink in quarantine...and not being able to get one. Thankfully I kicked the AL to the curb before this all happened. I am happy to be with all of you again, even if I don't post often as most. I do read though. Obviously when I post it is long. Apologies for that.

Take care everyone in the heat (and the cold, Ava and Mr G, and anyone else downunder). Ava you reminded me that I have to call the vet to schedule Bonnie's spay (I like the word desexing!). At least it won't be as hard as when I had to make the call to have Piper euthanized.
                                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Working...
                                X