Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Un Hung Thursday everyone.

Ugh, right now my smoke detector needs a new battery so it is beeping every 2 minutes...aaaaagh... I am too short to reach the detector and am waiting for my son to wake up so he can do it. I may have to leave the house

Good for checking in Ang and BOW. Day by day, right!

Don't drink today.

Good morning Pav and Lav.

It is WARM here which is really weird. Last year at this time we had a big dump of snow and it was hovering around 0C. Today we are going up to 22C, (73F or so) oh yeah!! All my friends I see in the dog park are SO grateful for the warm weather, it is very enjoyable. My winter coats are waiting in the wings though.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hey, Nesters!
      Welcome back, Anj! I was lucky enough to visit Dublin in 2016 (the good ole days) what a beautiful city and the FOOD was the best! We are so glad you’re here
      That debate was awful. When I was a kid, my parents used to fight every Sunday night. It was bad, my mother was a bully and all that just came rushing back as I watched that horrendous display. It is massively frustrating to have a point but you can’t get a word in. Like a wall, ya! I was so agitated afterwards, I couldn't sleep. Maybe next time, we need a penalty box (a sound proof one) and you lose a turn. I’m not sure I can sit through another one.
      Narilly, as I was thinking about your gracious invitation to come to Canada, I thought it would be weird to live on the left side of the map. I remember observing when we had our national sales meeting at my old job (225 sales reps) the east coast people sat on the right side of the banquet hall and the California people sat on the left side and the Midwest people sat in the middle! It was really interesting!
      Its a beautiful day here in NC. Hard to believe it’s October!
      3Bots, great to see you have turned the corner! So proud of you!
      Hugs to all! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sure is getting dark early! I need to be quick & go out & close up my chickens while I can still see what I’m doing, haha!

Anjica & 3BoW, good to see you both checking in. Someone is usually here around the clock. We have friends in Australia & NZ too. Even had someone from SA at one time.

Pav, hope your day went well.

Narilly, enjoy that warm air - it’s a gift

Byrdie, I was very annoyed by the debate as you can imagine. Finally slept a bit better last night but not sure if my B/P has reset yet, Lol
        We need common decency back so we don’t all lose our minds. I am grateful to remain AF thru all this nonsense. I delivered my mail in ballot directly to the PO today as I did during the primary. Our county election office is a good hour away from here & no where to park once you get there.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning nesters

Well TFIF for me. Some long hours worked this week so having a cruisy day today. I am having two weeks off shortly which will be lovely. Wanted 5 weeks off over xmas but the PA is cutting back her days and guess who gets the extra work. Woo hoo, i am lucky!

3B, i hibernated for months when i gave up drinking, i could not handle the feeling of deprivation and i had absolutely no tools to handle any situation without al. Now i can happily go out and feel sorry for people who drink. I classify myself as one of the lucky ones in life to not need al. I am glad you decided to stay and keep posting.

Oh Nora i didnt know you were going to be a nana again, congratulations, that is wonderful news after such sadness.

Pav, i hope you are fire free, we are getting fire ready for summer. new ideas from the government but mother earth does what she wants in the end. I did see a bit of the debate and i just had to mute it. it was awful and i have a free room for anyone who wants it! My fingers are crossed that

Pauly, hope you are well and enjoying a bit more freedom.

Hi Anj, welcome to the nest, a wonderful safe place to be to heal and grown.

Nar, i hoped you used the mute button. I thought some useful information may have been debated but alas no.

I have tried to finish this for two hours so i am ending before i lose my post.

All good here in Ausland, hoping to get out of lockdown in a couple of weeks, which will make it about 3-4 months. i dont mind it but when i have to click and collect tent pegs then i get annoyed. i miss the pottering and going "oh i need this" and popping out to get it. not that i am very spontaneous ha ha.

take care and be safe xx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning and thanks everyone for the welcome. Cool and sunny October day here.

Comment

Seems a very quiet site and not much happening or posting. but seems a lot of us on differant time zones.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjicia View Post
                Seems a very quiet site and not much happening or posting. but seems a lot of us on differant time zones.
                Hi,if you go to general discussion,there is a thread called International Army most are from England, Ireland so they'll be in you time zone and they LOVE newbies! Hopefully someone will come along and link it for you
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Anjicia and welcome to MWO!!

What Paulywogg said - we lurve Newbies in the Army. Most of us are ladies - most of the ladies live in Ireland but a few of us are from UK and Greece, like me. Don't let the title of the thread scare you off - the "Army" part is just a way of saying that we are all fighting AL! Hope to see you over there!

Originally posted by Anjicia View Post
                  Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                  Hi,if you go to general discussion,there is a thread called International Army most are from England, Ireland so they'll be in you time zone and they LOVE newbies! Hopefully someone will come along and link it for you
                  Hallo Pauly!!! and to all the Nesters. Wishing you all a weekend as great as you can make it. Be safe!!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi, All:

Still smoky here, but smoke is nothing compared to those losing their homes. This used to be my favorite time of year here - it generally isn't foggy at the coast and the weather is warm and sunny (unlike July and August) yet crisp and cool at night. Now I hate it. Last year the fires didn't start until October so I am hoping they just came early and there aren't more to come. Ava, I'm really hoping Oz doesn't get it again...

Nar, enjoy your nice weather. That's the one thing about Canada... (Brrrr)

Happy Sober Friday - no tickets anywhere, especially not boozeville. We'll be inside with our new air purifier and a bit of Netflix.

x
                    Pav

Comment

Happy Un Hung Friday everyone.

Well, well, well...Mr Poopy pants got Covid. I guess it's called Karma.

Pav, I think you would adjust to the weather here fine. It is easy peasy once you have a few warm coats.

Stirly-girly- nice to see you! I may drop by the army thread one of these days.
                      Ava, I am glad it is Friday too.

Beautiful day here again. We had a beautiful harvest moon last night and now it is warm again. Holy crap, it is hard to believe but we are enjoying it!

Hello Lav, Byrdie, G, Paulie, Ang, 3BOW, everyone.

I am off to the market now with my highschool girlfriend and we plan to have lunch there. YUM

Don't drink today, its Gross!
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi again and thanks yes i used to post there in the army thread when i was on here about 2 years or more last time i just thought i would start here as i just rejoined and i know of the names. Might try there again. I did not do well when i was on this forumn so kinda embarresed lots og long time sober ladies there so i will see how it goes. As for the toolbox here yet i looked there last time and know what to do just putting in to practice is the problem so i am not sure i should even be here lol not sure what i was thinking

Comment

Hi Anijica, if you are struggling with quitting drinking then this is your place, the people here are very supportive.
                          For instance, I am here now because every cell in my body wants to go to the pub and get sloshed - I had a final interview today after a very long process and I tripped up on all the questions and am full sure I didn't get the job, one I really wanted and really need because I have no money left at all. I am not looking for pity I am just looking for someone to give me a reason why I shouldn't get pissed right now.
                          Life is better sober

Comment

Hi there 3bofw don't beat yourself up you are newly sober and nervous i guess going for interviews but you never know you may get that job if not you did your best and keep looking but don't be hard on yourself. I am lucky i am out of the rat race and looking for jobs i had enough crappy ones in my time. I live on a small disabilty pension here in Dublin Ireland but i can manage if i budget well and l am learning to live frugal but well. i have cats which are great and i eat a plant based kinda vegan diet. i need to stay off the drink as right i can manage bills and rent ok i relapsed recently so taking it one day at a time. we have Aldi Lidl and Tesco stores here for shopping and place like Dealz etc so i can keep food bills cleaning stuff and toilitries down to lowish cost. i have heard Spain is a fairly cheap country to live depending on income pension etc.. I wish you well. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? Dublin born and dragged up here lol

Comment

Oh and don't drink hun it won't solve anything and you are not doing a pity party you are reaching out and being honest and respect for that its not easy. Apart from this site there is lots of help on youtube. there is a few i follow who been through the mill with drink and some with both drink and drugs and who are doing great today and have lots of help videos and also their own internet sites. Hugs from Ireland i live my own too.

Comment

I didn’t drink, instead I just cried and everything came to the surface, my losses, the problems in my life caused by my drinking – I know I would never even have had this interview if I was drinking, so I am not drinking, I am glad I cried because I feel much lighter now – I feel okay actually even about the interview, Anijica is right, I am too hard on myself, let’s see what happens, actually some parts of it were even positive so I should focus on that and not worry about not knowing some of the answers.

Sorry NS, I don’t do news, haven’t done it for 10 years, except in March when covid started, I could see then the world was in a very bad state and things were bad in America, George Floyd and all that, but I don’t do it at all now and I feel better for it. I hope things work themselves out for you though.

I am from county Meath Anijica, but I have not been home in a while – keep posting here, I don’t actually post very often, I use the daily thread every morning and pop in here for a gawk and sometimes write, this thread is not really a chat thread, I think if you are looking for that you could go to Reddit and chat away there to others who are in our same boat, I did it when quitting weed, it’s very useful.

Going out for a cola now… see you guys tomorrow ��

And no drinking!
                                Life is better sober

Comment

Working...
                                X