• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

P.S. I really hope your dog makes a speedy recovery NS
    Life is better sober

Comment

Aaaannnd guess what? I was just told they want to progress to the HR interview stage... OMG! I think I got it!! haha never ever listen to the mind... EVER
      Life is better sober

Comment

Glad to hear you let it out, don't listen to the stupid news, progressed in the interview, and most of all, DIDN'T DRINK! Way to go 3BOW!!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Cloudy all day & now the sun comes out an hour before sunset
          Putting the finishing touches on things Iโ€™m taking to the craft fair tomorrow. Expecting clear & dry weather all day!

3BoW, just as NS already said - drinking AT something doesnโ€™t change it in the end. It just makes you sick & feel even more defeated in the end. What things do make you feel better? A nice walk in nature helps me out a lot. A bike ride, spending time with your son, etc, pick one & go with that. Donโ€™t ever quit trying OK? Keep moving forward & you will find success.

Anjicia, living small is perfectly fine & preferable to me really. Iโ€™m not tempted by bigger & better or more expensive things. Do you have any family nearby? I have stayed close enough to my son & daughter so I can see them fairly frequently & enjoy the grandkids

Pav, hope you are safe from the smokey air. Sorry you have to deal with all that :hug:

Narilly, stirly-girly & NS, always great to see you as well!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

3BoW - so glad to hear that you didn't drink and that the job prospect now looks far better. I hope you get it! When will you know for sure? Yes, it is a great example of how our minds play games with us, most often telling us things are worse than they really are.

Nar - yep, the POS who called Covid a hoax has now been diagnosed with that very hoax. Honestly, I don't 100% believe it. This man is SO manipulative and dishonest it won't surprise me if he's setting the stage for a "miracle cure" in an effort to sway voters, or trying to get the pity vote, or trying to establish an excuse for why people might not vote for him, or faking his own death so he can flee the country and avoid the legal problems he'll face the minute he's out of office, or... The list of possible scams is nearly endless. Ok, off my soapbox now. I hope you're enjoying the warm weather and that you got your darn smoke detector to stop beeping. It seems that those normally act up around 2:00am.

NS - so sorry about your pup :hug:

Anjicia - the nest is often more active than it has been this past week (or couple of weeks). I'm sure this semi-quiet time will be followed by chattier days sometime soon. The Army is a great thread/group as well, but we are very glad you're here with us!

Well, the smoky air has returned to my area. Several fires are still burning strong here on the west coast. It's tiring, and yet I'm also very aware that so many people have lost everything, or had to completely up-end their lives and flee. We are lucky that we're safe from fire and able to stay indoors with the air purifier my student gifted to me.

Happy weekends to everyone! No tickets to boozeville available, so don't go looking
            Last edited by wagmor; October 3, 2020, 09:32 AM.
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - so sorry about your dog. That is so sad. :hug:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post
                3BoW - so glad to hear that you didn't drink and that the job prospect now looks far better. I hope you get it! When will you know for sure? Yes, it is a great example of how our minds play games with us, most often telling us things are worse than they really are.

Nar - yep, the POS who called Covid a hoax has now been diagnosed with that very hoax. Honestly, I don't 100% believe it. This man is SO manipulative and dishonest it won't surprise me if he's setting the stage for a "miracle cure" in an effort to sway voters, or trying to get the pity vote, or trying to establish an excuse for why people might not vote for him, or faking his own death so he can flee the country and avoid the legal problems he'll face the minute he's out of office, or... The list of possible scams is nearly endless. Ok, off my soapbox now. I hope you're enjoying the warm weather and that you got your darn smoke detector to stop beeping. It seems that those normally act up around 2:00am.

Anjicia - the nest is often more active than it has been this past week (or couple of weeks). I'm sure this semi-quiet time will be followed by chattier days sometime soon. The Army is a great thread/group as well, but we are very glad you're here with us!

Happy weekends to everyone! No tickets to boozeville available, so don't go looking
                I just posted on the abbers thread about this! My daughter and I were saying that he'd fake it to say something like"see how easy i recovered?" "It's a flu" or something,I was also thinking maybe he'll fake his own death to avoid tax evasion? All kinds of things swirling cuz the timing just seems "off" to me really convenient,we shall see as you said he's very manipulative so we really don't know what's up
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

We have a sunny & slightly chilly day which was perfect for the outdoor craft fair. Lots of people came & I sold lots of stuff, yay!

3BoW, congrats on the soon to be job, good for you!
                  Now you have another reason to keep your quit going & feel proud

Wags, I don’t know what to believe any more but I do know I have no pity for #45, sick or not! Possibly his hubris boomeranged & bite him in the a$$, haha!!
                  Sorry you’re still dealing with smokey air in your area. I can’t wait for everything to calm down, too much stress happening these days.

Pauly, faking his own death to avoid paying taxes? Hmm, that hasn’t occurred to me but you could be right, haha!

NS, hope your doggie is doing better :hug:

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hola friends.

Glad pup is better Sugar babe.

Glad fires seem to have eased around u Wags?

Wouldn't surprise me if old Don is pulling a swifty. Wonder how his missus is feeling being cooped up with him for 2 weeks?! lol.

All going ok over here. Big waves to evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning from a wet Dublin the forecast is for heavy rain all day. I was going on a hike in Howth cliffs North Dublin but the organiser had to cancel because of todays weather. Oh well we can do it again or i just go one day solo when the weather is better. I can a train as i am near a station. I finished the last of the vodka on Friday and felt awful much of yesterday and threw once. I don't want to start counting days that does really work for me i will know when i have reached certain sober time but its day 2. don't count the days make the days count lol. No plans for today if the rain keeps up. some stuff to do around the house and i am watching Rachett on netflix. I think i got myself in trouble on the baclofen and anxiety thread. Well one woman it seems a baclofen junkie taking a drug to get off a drug for 10 years and a few more over taking this banned substance in most countries to get off a legal drug called alcohol. Its illegal here and a lot of countries so are most are getting off the internet. it was never prescribed to treat alcoholism some Dr accidently discoverd it worked in the brain to reduce cravings yet its an epliepsy drug. this one told me i was ruining a beautiful thread? 10 years on bacoflen and a a baclofen junkie. Sorry if i am having a bit of a rant but i might get kicked off the site for voicing an opinion. Taking a drug to get off a drug and for years is not really the way to go but if some want to do this well ifs your life. short term may b to get over a hump well thats ok but 3 years 10 years? Even antibus is not recomended do over 1 year.
                      Sorting your head and putting the work in is what gets you sober antibuse did not work for me i got side effects. Am i the only way that feels this way? If taking drugs like nalrexone and bacoflen is ok and encourged here then its not a site i want to be on. Just thought i would clear this up oh and another thread has this one saying her dr in Uk won't subscribe so she is going to Spain as its cheaper to go from chemist to chemist to stock up? adddict behaviour or what? any have a super sober Sunday x

Comment

Evening nesters

Daylight savings started today and so i am sure my body clock will be out of whack for awhile. i do love the extra hours of daylight.

Had a lovely day, my son and i took the dogs to the beach. Cardi loves the water and carl looked like a drowned rat. It was lovely to get out of the house.

3B great job on the interview call back and not drinking. I think when we are newly sober we just have no confidence in our abilities. Since i have been sober i have been given a job promotion, i dont take any shit and have realised that absolutely NOone is worth drinking AT. Thanks for explaining the WF, now why didnt i think of that! I used to be the biggest dope fiend back in the day but i was able to give it up and smoke occasionally over the years. it doesnt hold any appeal for me after the last time i "greened out".

Anj, there was a meds thread on here at one time. i think for me whatever works works. I just stopped and was on valium for a few days to get me through the rough stages. Before i stopped i was taking a lot of xanax for the shakes that of course were so not related to al. mmmm its amazing what you will tell yourself. now my anxiety is doable and i have learnt different techniques to deal with life in general. I do get annoyed also about the legal drugs getting people addicted also. I started to watch nurse ratchet but i dont think its something i can watch. i would like too though.

Last night i watched a movie called Beautiful Boy about a son who became addicted to al, ice, heroin and his rehab and relapse and how his father eventually gave up on him as he could not take the pain anymore. At the end they said he was sober 8 years. It just made me realise what i must have put my kids through to a certain extent with my drinking, the lies and the justification. I am so grateful not to be there anymore. I was so happy to see he didnt die and was sober living a happy life.

work tomorrow blah. take care and be safe and NS i am glad Reese is feeling better. xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi again Available yes i am not sure about the series Rachett its ok i may watch a few episodes and see how it goes. I am finding the quality of shows that Netflix have on now are not so good and a lot of films very dated so i may cancel my subscription its not expensive for one tv and my laptop i just feel i don't watch it enough or i start a show and its crap and then don't watch fro a while. Just i hear on the meds the benzos valium etc can very addictive and must be used with care coming off drink and are helpful for those first shakey days. I just white knuckle it and rest drink lots of water if i am not throwing back up but that does happen often and walking helps with the anxiety shakey feeling that comes after a bender. I think some of the threads here in the medical section are dated and not fully researched or proven. i know some people had problems reading and commenting there too and just steer clear its up to everyone what to do as adults but could influence the wrong people. Are you from the states? I was born and raised here in Dublin Ireland and just moved 3 years ago to a small seaside town very close to where i was born and love it in this part of Dublin. Oh that film sounds good i might see ig its available on Netflix i think it was in the cinema over a year ago or longer i am not sure.
                          Last edited by Guest; October 4, 2020, 05:30 AM.

Comment

And, I’m with you on the meds. I can see some anti anxiety to help at first, but to me (I’ve been here since 2010, 2009 as a lurker) and I’ve seen 1000’s of people come and go. I saw no compelling evidence that those meds did what everyone hoped...to be able to drink in moderation or quit completely. Mostly what that group did was argue, which made me wonder if THAT was a side effect of those meds. Who needs that! In my mind, if you take a drug to get off a drug, then you eventually have to get off that drug, so you have to quit again. Just my 2ยข. Cold turkey worked for me, so that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
                            Im not sure how old you are, but it’s funny that we spend our 20’s and 30’s accumulating stuff and our 50’s and 60’s trying to get rid of it. Holy crow, my closets, I’ve spent months rearranging stuff and most of it, I will likely never use again. Back when I was drinking, I had parties and lots of people over soI have all kinds of platters and tiny dishes and serving pieces. I love to cook but I don't see throwing any more big parties. Turns out, all that was fueled by AL. I had wine tastings that I don’t even remember. Those weren’t the days.
                            3B’s. After 28 years with a large security company, I got laid off. I interviewed with a Rinky dink company after that and the guy asked me what my strengths and weaknesses were. I was twice his age and had more sales experience than he was old. I wish I could have told him that I have no tolerance for idiotic interview questions. What a process it is to get a job these days. I hope you get the offer soon! That will be a load off your shoulders for sure. I’m so proud of you. Good luck.
                            Yes, I’m afraid the state of our country has us all at loose ends. I don’t know anyone who is sleeping. I think most of us are grieving and have some degree of depression over it. We are coming down to the wire and even Stephen King couldn’t have written this mess. In fact, I follow Stephen King on Twitter and he is offended when people say it’s like living in one of his novels! 2020 has been one for the books.
                            Rain today, a good day to eat ice cream! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Evening brydie and anyone else around just came to check messages and then i will watch a tv show i am following. Was a dull overcast showery day here in much of Ireland. It Evening now dark and still wet outside but mild and the rain has stopped. I deal with hangovers cold turkey and i will not taking anything to get tru this quit i agree with that have to eventually ditch what you took to get the alcohol or else you are swapping one addiction for another. And yes they are still arguing on that Baclofen and other meds thread so i will look or post there again let them get on with it lol. 3bow i iorgot to congratulate in the 2nd part of the interview it looks promising and it this is not to be at least you can confidant going forward for other jobs. Ok folks good night from Dublin or whatever time it is in your corner. have a good day/ evening.

Comment

Oh just to reply back i am in my late 50's and have down scaled a lot of stuff i am not a minimalist but don't buy so much home ware and clothes but still have some stuff to get rid off. I have been single all my life so only ever lived in small homes but where i live now is enough space for me and my moggies (cats) I.never had big parties just small gatherings and now little or nothing just the odd person for tea coffee. i don't have a partner but happily single. What i do now is only replace electrical items big and small when they break and cannot be fixed. I am a small but manage if i budget well. Lots of vlogs and videos on youtube on frugal and low waste living thats kinda what i'm about now x

Comment

Working...
                                X