Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi nesters,

Hi Nora. Geez, hope you feel better real soon.

Thanks Wags. Lunch date tomorrow. :happy2: This will be interesting as we've never actually met.

Live music is back in my city, but everyone is cautious. Small steps week to week. Gigs are outdoors only, so local council has allowed venues to set up outdoor seating for patrons in some cases spilling out onto part of the road. It could be a groovin summer the next few months. Depends on what virus does and neighbours attitudes to venues opening up again but outdoors with council/government support for economic stimulus. My band could be working again in weeks to come.

Nar, i love Indian food! A good curry would warm you up on a winters night. Keep the chilli coming.

Hi Anj, Walk, Julia, and evabody in the house. Hope the rest of election is peaceful and goes smoothly.

Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, All--

I agree, Wags, disappointing that so many still voted for that POS. I think we need to settle in. As Robert Reich says, I remain nauseously optimistic. Sorry you're not feeling well, Nora. Thanks for the work you did. All we can do is wait.

Mr. G, that sounds GRAND. We haven't had live music here all summer. I didn't realize how much I would miss it, but we had tickets for four big shows that were postponed and missed other little ones as well. Will you be playing? I hope your virus control works, unlike here...

I had yesterday off and went on a LONG hike all by myself, unplugged, not even my usual podcasts. It was really, really needed and I felt a lot better after. Phew. I am so so so grateful that I'm not drinking through this, because I didn't need much of an excuse to overindulge, and I would have taken it as a BIG excuse...

Happy SOBER Thursday,
      Pav

Comment

Hey all. Julia, beautiful job on 10 months, look at you! We are so proud of you! :sohappy:Keep up the great work.
        I have been glued to the tv since the election. I’d get sick, then feel hopeful, then get sick. Didn’t sleep at all Tuesday night, last night was better, but still no results today. Ugg. Tge wheels of democracy move slowly.
        Mr. G, what a cool story about your Vietnamese student. I hope your Turkish Chiquita date goes great!
        Nora, I hope you feel better!
        Walk, there are so many things regarding AL I’m not proud of. Here’s to that being in the rear view! :butt: Hang in with us! One day at a time has worked for every single one of us.
        Keep the faith! Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Yep Byrdie, keeping the faith & today’s updates on the total counts are looking good. Thank the Universe & anyone listening!!

Mild weather here this week, no complaints.
          An Amish friend gave us a huge box of freshly dug sweet potatoes a few days ago. I made a pot of vegan creamy sweet potato soup with tons of interesting seasoning. It was really good but I think I’ll cut back on the cayenne next time - it had a real kick!!! Haha

G, that’s great news about your summer gigs, yay

Pav, I strongly feel we will be rid of the big orange idiot real soon.
          Good for you taking time out for yourself to heal your soul. I take my dog with me when I walk alone, just in case I get lost, haha!

Byrdie, the Trump campaign’s lawsuits are being tossed by the judges who know better. Yes, every last vote will be counted whether he looses or not. Hard to comprehend just how delusional he trulyis.

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks very much all, especially Anjicia, this is a very welcoming place.

Comment

Hey, Nest

Well, Nauseous Optimism is giving way to Cautious Optimism... I don't know what it will take to ever feel "sure" because it is unlikely Trump ever will concede.

Like you, Nora, I put myself in a blackout (NOT the drinking kind :haha. I let people tell me news but I can't do the moment to moment thing this time around. I am just so sick of polls, pundrity, and speculation. My husband has been pretty stoic through all of this (holding it inside instead of ranting and raving like I do) so seeing him near tears this morning gives me hope this nightmare might soon be over. Not to say this country doesn't have a TON of work to do but this could stop the hemorrhaging.

I've spent my time listening to a great audiobook, watching trash TV, and looking for a rescue dog. I feel like it is "too soon" in some ways but at this unsettled time and covid-induced isolation, I can't bear to think of the upcoming winter without a canine friend. I think I've found one and he is totally unlike the girl we lost so I feel pretty confident I won't resent him for not "being" her. As a bonus he is 1 y old, neutered, chipped, house-trained, walks well on lead, and knows a few commands. Those features helped me pass up the adorable mixed-breed puppies that were available. Anyway, he comes home tomorrow.

I agree we may be the only people not drinking these days - out of fear and anxiety or relief and joy. Let's stick together. xx NS

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I am feeling more confident about a positive outcome for this election
                My state of PA has enough electoral votes to put my candidate in the white house at this point so I feel good about that. And that’s saying something because it’s been a red state for a. Very long time. My husband is not happy with the results coming in, he’s going to have to deal with it the same way I dealt with the 2016 election - like a grownup, haha!!

NS, I am so happy to hear you found a new friend :hug: I’m sure he will bring you a lot of love & happiness & fill that void. I love dogs, usually have 2 but only have 1 right now.
                I look at Facebook & see all the bottles of wine & champagne waiting to be opened & I think, whatever!! It’s been so long since I’ve celebrated anything with alcohol it just doesn’t interest me anymore.
                Grateful to be where we are & I’m staying here!!

I have m y 9 1/2 yr old grandson this weekend & he just ate an enormous amount of food for dinner, haha!! I always have to restock my kitchen after he’s been here for a few days.
                Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hola friends,

Good to see you Walk. Hope you have an easy weekend.

Sunny and windy here. Best keep an eye on the toupe when i'm out. Hi Pav. Not sure when i'm playing live music again yet, but i'm sure it'll be soon. My singer in one band wants to concentrate on his new evening job till end of year, so that band might not perform till 2021 although we're tipping he'll get the bug and arrange something this year. Another band i'm in may well do a gig soon. Have a nice weekend.

Coffee date must've went well as we're on for another meet up next week. She seems a decent human and looks great!

Re covid. Here in Victoria, Southern Oz, We had rising numbers a couple of months ago getting out of hand so govt. imposed restrictions such as 5k travel range, curfew at 8 p.m. allowed out for 1 hr per day for exercise, and only essential shopping, medical reasons. No visitors unless you're a couple or family, physical distancing, and everyone wears a mask outdoors, shopping, and at work. After around 2 months we got our cases down to zero. Now we're slowly and cautiously easing restrictions. I say this to highlight that we can take control of the virus spread, in our example it just took a little organised sacrifice.

Take care out there.

Big waves!
                  Last edited by Guitarista; November 6, 2020, 07:18 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

G - glad to hear the good news about the date(s)! The covid response in your area is similar to what *some* places here in the U.S. did, but of course we also had places pushing back saying the virus was a hoax etc (cuz dear leader said that too). It's a shit-show and getting worse. The sad thing is that we've lost about 40% of our population to misinformation, rejection of science, and propaganda. trump could say that up is down and right is left and they'd all jump on board and cry about the "leftist directional conspiracy". Ugh.

NS - I love that you found a new fur friend before winter sets in. I had to laugh while reading your post though: "I think I've found one.... He comes home tomorrow." Sounds like you've definitely found one! Enjoy him for all his unique doggie qualities.

I am happy that I have today off. This week has been incredibly draining. We are in for a really bad two months until the January inauguration, but I no feel pretty confident that Biden will be declared the winner and that he and Kamala will take office in January. As NS said, it'll at least let us stop the bleeding.

One of my students went to high school with tiffany trump. My student says "NO WAY" does tiff actually believe anything that the trump family is saying (nor do the others apparently - it's all a big carnival side show and con job). But the inside scoop says trump is gonna start a media company and basically disseminate his own version of "news" to all who so eagerly want to be duped.

So grateful to not be drinking during all of this. And on a different note that has definitely reinforced my quit, my cousin's best friend was killed by a drunk driver last week. My cousin is devastated at losing her dear friend, and of course that family is shocked at the sudden and senseless loss.

Don't drink.
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

I am proud of my fellow Pennsylvanians for doing the right thing getting the Biden/Harris team over the finish line
                      It took a few hours to actually believe the news, then suddenly I felt as if a 300 lb weight was lifted off my chest, I could breathe easier. The next two months will be rough until Trump is officially removed from the White House but we’ll make it thru together. We need a strong leader to get us thru the Covid crisis first then take care of everything else that’s wrong with this country.

Hello to G & Wags & everyone.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        I can't bear to think of the upcoming winter without a canine friend. I think I've found one and he is totally unlike the girl we lost so I feel pretty confident I won't resent him for not "being" her. As a bonus he is 1 y old, neutered, chipped, house-trained, walks well on lead, and knows a few commands. Those features helped me pass up the adorable mixed-breed puppies that were available. Anyway, he comes home tomorrow.
                        NS that is the best news I've heard since the other great news today !!! :hyper:
                        He's a lucky puppy !!! ( the doggie not Biden) :haha:
                        Last edited by satz123; November 7, 2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!

That is all. Time to celebrate (a-free of course). Dancing and singing never felt so good. Some Thai food for dinner, with celebratory ice cream. Fireworks, horns honking, people banging pots and pans.

And yes Lav - big thanks to Pennsylvania for sealing the deal. And Pauly you too in Nevada. All of us. We Did It!

:yay:
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Congratulations America!

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out, not only in the U.S. but the world with the new leadership. Biden and Kamala seem far less crazy at least. I hope they steer the ship with a steady, wise and compassionate hand.

SB, wowza on your new friend! Can't wait for a pic!

Hi Lav!

Wags, party hard mi amiga!

It is an incredibly beautiful sunny day here as i write this sunday lunchtime. I can breathe, i feel fit and healthy, nooooo hangover or booze related anxieties. Life ain't perfect, but it is pretty darn good. I am remembering to be grateful for that. As my ol' pal Buddha said to me once years ago - 'G man'......'yes big fella?'..........'Relent complaint'. Yes sir.

Big waves to all.

Comment

yeeeeeeeeyyy! congratulations America! :balloons::balloons:
                              Last edited by julia1970; November 8, 2020, 08:10 AM.
                              AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Hi, All:

Whoot! Lav, I, too, feel like a 300 pound weight has been lifted off of my chest. And I am floored that a Black/South Asian WOMAN will be our VP. I can't believe it took until 2020, but WAHOO!

I have to admit that I looked longingly at some of the champagne celebrations - I longed for that quick giddy feeling of one glass. I felt good anyway, but man there was a lot of champagne flowing last night. All I have to do is take a deep breath and remember where I was with alcohol and where I NEVER want to be and I can get away from it, but I wanted to get that out there in the interest of honesty.

Yes, Australia's handling of the pandemic seems to have been a lot better. It is crazy here and the hospitals are filling up again. I did cringe seeing all of those people pressed together in the streets. I hope everyone kept their masks on.

NS, so glad you'll have a furry friend again - that pup is lucky to have found you as well.

Happy SOBER Sunday!
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X