Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Greetings all Nesters,

Nothing much going on with me, just trying to stay warm & keep my chickens from freezing in this 12 degree windchill, Brrrr!!

Neen,, so glad to hear you are hanging in, it will get better. I miss my dogs more than most people, honestly. I have pictures of them all over the house to keep them close.

Narilly, how do you keep your face from freezing in that weather? Geez

Hello to Wags, Pav, Byrdie & everyone.
    Wishing us all a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wowza! Sugar babe! Congratulations mi amiga. You totz raaaawk! Hope you had are having a nice celebration. So glad you are here. :heartbeat:

Neeny! You also totz raaaawk! So sorry to hear about Ramsay. You are doing an incredible job during this difficult time. Like all of us, i'm so glad you are back around the joint.

Nar. Sounds like you're enjoying the job. Must be a bit of a relief to have found it.

Over here i've been really committing to nurturing my mindset. More growth, abundance, i am enough, i deserve the best, that sort of thing. It sure ain't hurting none. In fact, i like Muhammad Ali's catchphrase......'I am the greatest!'

Big waves to evabody. Take it easy and take care of yourself.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening All,

Well, happy 8th Sober anniversary to you, NoSugar! That’s just an amazing feat. I know that life for you is better in so many ways. I’m really happy for you! Hope you partied NS style!

You sound as great as ever, G. So great to see that.

It’s bitter cold here, too.

Lav, a few GF’s sent me the paw prints memorial frame. I’ll be putting a nice Ramsay pic in that.:heartbeat:

It’s 30 days for me. I hadn’t even put my stickers on the calendar for a few days and I realized it. I will continue my journey, because I want to learn to like myself, I want better relationships, and I want to feel good. This past month, I’ve pretty much held the couch down, watched a ton of movies, listened to, watched, read quit lit stuff, and always have a different beverage next to me. Green tea, earl gray tea, coffee, decaf, water, hot chocolate, kombucha, sparkling water...

Have a good start to your week.

Neen

Comment

NS - Congrats on 8 years of nesting, building an amazing tool kit, sharing your wisdom and wonderings with all of the rest of us, and for one of the most solid quits we've ever seen. The nest wouldn't be the same without you, that's for sure! Hope today brought you some moments that nurtured your soul. :heartbeat:

Nar - that's great you're liking the job so well, and especially that you're feeling less on the edge about losing it. Your early morning walks sound wonderful actually. I always like the way fresh snow "squeaks" as you walk on it when it's so very cold.

Neen/Jvo - congrats on your 30 days as well. I'm sure it's not at all the same without Ramsay there with you. It's such a uniquely heartbreaking experience to lose fur fam. Continue to be gentle with yourself.

Lav, Pav, Byrdie, G-dude, Ava, and everyone else stopping by the nest this weekend. Hope you all have fantastic starts to your upcoming weeks!
          Last edited by wagmor; January 24, 2021, 11:27 PM.
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning, afternoon, evening, Nesters,

Another major milestone in the Nest - Congratulations to you, NoSugar on eight years' sobriety! :sohappy:

We might all be at different day counts, but we are united in the wanting to get / stay free from alcohol.

Wishing everyone gets thru this day, since that's all we have to do - thanks, Byrdlady :happy2:

love,
            Steady
            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Wow, another milestone! For our Neenstar!

Congratulations on 30 days booze free. That's some achievement. Keep it rolling. :balloons::llama:

Yo Steady!

thanks Wags. A bonza week for you and all too.
              Last edited by Guitarista; January 25, 2021, 06:36 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes, nest-buddies. As I wrote elsewhere, I was really down yesterday and was going to just let the day slide on by but the Shout Out thread reminded me that it is important to appreciate what we've done and to be proud. Thank you for mentioning it here, @Pavati. At this point in our quits, those 11 months don't make any difference -- a group of us quit back in '13 :smile:

You definitely should be proud, @Neen. Reaching 8 years is much easier than reaching 30 days. It is nice to be on a road that (other than the occasional bump along the way) becomes progressively easier the farther you go. Hold on to those precious days and watch them grow!

I appreciate your describing my quit as 'solid', @wagmore. I feel like it is and this gives my day-to-day life a foundation that was missing all those years of addicted drinking. I love being self-confident again. But I know even firm foundations can crumble without attention and this one is definitely worth protecting.

@Byrdlady, Kuya always has been insightful. When I joined, I decided to really listen to what all of you who had more experience in successfully quitting than I did. I had plenty of experience in unsuccessfully doing so and it was pretty clear that I didn't know how to do it! So, for once in my life, I really tried to just do what you all told me. I think a big dose of humility is painful but important to get free.

So, thanks to all of you as we go through this, helping one another. xx, NS
                Last edited by NoSugar; January 25, 2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Congratulations No sugar!!!! Also Neen on your 30 days!! Fabulous work ladies
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

NS, CONGRATS to you on your 8 AF years :welldone:
                    Seems ‘normal’ now, don’t you think? It gets harder to remember how bad it really was before our quits BUT we know & accept it was bad enough so we decided we had to quit. Be proud of your long term accomplishment.

Neen, big Congrats to you on your 30 days, the hardest by far :yay:
                    Make this your last quit & you won’t ever have to face quitting again - you’ve done it

Ran some errands today including a haircut because the roads probably won’t be good after the snow/ice event that is starting later tonight. I’ll just stay cooped up like the chickens for a few days.
                    Hello to G, Wags, Steady, Pauly & everyone dropping in the nest tonight.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening,

Going back to work was tough today. I’m exhausted. I’ll prob be in bed by 7:00! The weather doesn’t help matters. We will be getting the same messy weather here. When both husband and I are retired, I want to be a snowbird. Maybe rent a house for three months in Florida. The coldest months!

Right now, I’m feeling grateful for not being drunk. I love going to bed sleepy and not in the state of passing out. I am going to relax, watch some mindless show, then zzzzzzzz.

Neen

Comment

Quick fly-by to put the cap on another sober day. Hope you all are doing well and staying warm/cool and most importantly safe!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

NoSugar congratulations on your 8 years!!!! :heartbeat:

and Neen congratulations on your 30 days. before quitting i couldn't imagine doing one week without al (actually not even a day), to me that prospect seemed like a black hole. now it is just my reality. keep going!
                          AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Hi, All:

Not much to say. Way to go, Neen. 30 days is a great accomplishment. I love what NS said - it is nice to be on a road that gets easier...

I don't have much to add. I talked to my son in college. He HATES online college so much and doesn't think it is worth the money, so I think he's going to take some time off and get a job. I highly support that - he's just bored and miserable, and he could learn what he's learning on YouTube really. He's missing field work, in-person labs, real discussions. What a bummer. He'll be fine - I'm not worried and know he'll go back.

Happy SOBER Tuesday,
                            Pav

Comment

Happy 8 years NS! Thank you for your wisdom over the years!

Happy 30 days JVO! Proud of you.

It's snowing here, and nothing huge is happening - just a daughter with some anxiety. Poor thing. Good thing I'm sober and can help.

Hugs to everyone!
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Last night’s snowstorm was a non-event. Started with flurries then turned into rain. That’s just fine with me!
                                Managed to roast everything in the oven for dinner - turkey tenderlloins, sweet potatoes & carrots & broccoli, easy
                                I have the rest of the evening to get some craft work done, yay.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X