Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Lav, I was a walker, too. I must have walked every path within 10 miles of my house - which is A LOT. I listened to the Bubble Hour. My initial problem was all of the shame I felt. I didn't want to have to tell people I quit drinking and have to deal with their judgement - and worse was my judgement of myself. That's why the Bubble Hour helped me - it is women just like me who felt just like me, but were out and proudly sober. You got this need. It IS hard, and we're here for you.

I can imagine chicken feet get cold easily - not a lot of there there. Do they just stay in the coop waiting for the shovel??

Had a good, fun evening with my son last night. Kept all "life" talks out of it and just laughed. What we all needed.

Happy SOBER Wednesday.
    Pav

Comment

Hi Muppett, I am Maple and just joined today and need our willpower.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple View Post
        Hi Muppett, I am Maple and just joined today and need our willpower.
        Welcome, Maple!

How can we help you? If you check out the Toolbox, you'll find several ideas for getting started on YOUR way out: https://www.mywayout.org/community/m...-tool-box.html

All the best, NS

Comment

Happy Un Hung Wednesday everyone.
          I have today off which is nice. We are not that busy now because cases have gone down but we are opening up a bit on Monday and cases will probably go up then. The variant is showing up here which is causing some alarm.

Wags, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a good one.

Welcome Maple, you can do this. One of the first things I did was clear my house of AL and stop going to places where I drank. Even taking a different route when you drive home helps. Don't drive by that same liquor store, change the grocery store you go to. Go for walks, distract yourself from drinking. Let those drinking thoughts just float on by. Like NS said, check out the Tool Box, it helps.

Lav, we had a big goofy Golden and he was really nice and gentle too. I think you would like that Byrdie. We have had a few rescue fails over the years, one dog was aggressive to people and one to other dogs. Right now we have a rescue Daschund and she is very gentle which is great. I love dogs and I think they helped me with my sobriety, better taking care of them than drinking.

So it has been snowing here for the past 24hrs and is very cold, its -15C right now and going into the -20's this weekend. My hubby works farther north and they are forecasting a -37C temperature in the next few days. HOLY CRAP! lol
          It makes -15C seem warm. No biggie for us Canadians though, it is quite beautiful. I am going to go for a walk now in this Winter Wonderland- after another cup of coffee.

Ava, your traffic sounds horrendous. It is so much nicer to work at home hey? I love working at home as a contact tracer. It is a really good job for now.

G, your going to kick butt in real estate. You are living in a place where values keep going up which is good for you if you are in that business. We are not in that kind of area and so trying to make money in real estate is difficult right now especially.

Take it easy everyone, and don't drink today.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Cold but sunny here today & snow flurries iff & on
            I did get out & shoveled a path clear but only 5 or 6 chickens were braves enough to go out. They spent most of the afternoon perched on the branches of a large shrub in their yard. That was smart, keeping their feet out of the cold wet snow. I’m doing some embroidery orders & cooked a 4lb pork shoulder in the IP & made pulled pork for sandwiches, yum.

Hello & welcome Maple, glad you found us. Make yourself a good working plan using those great ideas in the Tool box & settle in with us for a while. That’s how I got started nearly 12 years ago!

Ava, I hate a long commute. You feel exhausted before you even start work. I hope you can continue to work from home as much as you want

Pav, I imagine I’ll find a few more chickens willing to go out tomorrow. I noticed none of my older girls bothered to go out, just the youngsters, haha.

Hello NS & Narilly. I would love to have another Golden but not a puppy. That was fine when i was younger & had a lot more energy. I would be willing to give an older dog a good home.

Hello to the rest of the group. & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, all:

Lav, I LOVE pulled pork. Delish, and great for winter. Maybe this weekend...

Welcome, Maple. Hope you're ok. You picked a great place to come get sober.

My last post was supposed to say [MENTION=24615]Neen[/MENTION] not need. You get the point. Ego is a tough customer - it is good to try to humble him a bit.

I can't believe it is Thursday already. I feel like 2021 is flying by.

Pav
              Last edited by Pavati; February 4, 2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hi all, really sad day here. We got a call early this morning (the kind where you know it's gonna be bad news) and learned that our brother-in-law fell sometime overnight and died. They think he hit his head. It's very sudden and unexpected, shocking. My wife (this was her dear sister's husband) is inconsolable. This fellow was larger than life and we loved hime dearly. He was the one, more so than anyone else, who embraced me and welcomed me into the extended family. And of course this stupid country is so walloped with covid that even traveling to be there with everyone, to help my SIL, will be difficult if not impossible given my wife's high risk status.

This also happens to be the same morning that my beautiful mom passed away 12 years ago.

Pretty heartbroken, I've got to be honest. Not gonna drink, not even tempted, but tired of so much sadness and sorry to lose "one of the good ones" when POS people get to continue walking the planet wreaking havoc and hurting others.

Some days really hammer home how hard and unfair life is at times. Sorry to be such a downer. I could use all of your good thoughts today.
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Oh, Wags, I am so sorry this has happened and will hold you, your wife, and her family in my heart. We know life isn't fair but it still feels like an injustice when people who are doing their best in this world are hurt. I'm glad your BIL lead the way welcoming you into the family. That shows what kind of guy he was. xx, NS

Comment

Morning nesters

Wags, sending you love and hugs. I am so sorry to hear about your BIL. I always wonder why the good die and the other A-holes in the world get to live. Its unfair for you all and with covid as icing on the cake it is doubly awful. Keeping you close in my heart. xx

Hi Maple and welcome to MWO, we are all hear to help you get the willpower and tools you need to gain sobriety. As we will all tell you there is nothing better than being sober though it takes time and focus to achieve. Can you tell us a bit about yourself? i was a 2 bottle of wine a day drinker, heading to three rapidly. Health deteriorated, working if you could call it that, constant shakes, anxiety, guilt, shame, remorse. Now, with the help of MWO i am 7 years sober and never want to drink again. i remember being scared to stop, what would i do, how bored would i be, i would not be fun anymore but its none of that, its wonderful each and every day.

A busy massive huge week at work. had to deal with a narcissist and by yesterday i just wanted her gone, in every way! The most trying, time consuming patient i have ever had the pleasure to deal with. TFIF is all i will say.

Best get back to work, have a happy day, take care xx
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Oh, Wags, I’m so sorry to hear this awful news. Life can sure turn on a dime. All of our thoughts are with you and your family. Wishing you strength, comfort and peace. Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening all,

Wags, my condolences to you & your family. Sudden deaths like that are just mind blowing, I understand. You will be in my thoughts & prayers. Take care of yourself :hug:

Hello Pav, NS, Ava & Byrdie & everyone.

Went up to 40 degrees today so we had a lot of snow melting, still plenty left.
                        Nothing special going on so I’ll wish everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news Wags. my condolences to you and family. Thinking of you mi amiga.

Thanks Nar. I'm sure with some application and persistence i can make a buck renovating and selling on, or holding to rent.

Big waves to evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you for the thoughts and condolences everyone. Grateful to have such a safe place to pull up a twig and ask for some support.

Maple - sorry I missed your intro in my grief. Welcome to the Nest. We are glad you are here :hug:

I'll be back to touch base tomorrow. Thank you again everyone :heartbeat:
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Sorry for your loss Wags
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dearest Wags--

I am so so so sorry for your loss. Sending love, hugs and strength to you and your wife and the whole family. It is so rough to lose one of the good ones, and what a horrible, shocking accident. Please take good care of yourself. (and I TOTALLY feel you on the fairness situation - my feelings exactly when we lost a good friend last autumn.)

xoxox
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X