Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Can’t believe it’s Friday already but it is & I have my grandson back for another weekend. He must like it here, haha!
    Looking at the possibility of another good snowstorm to hit on Sunday, oh boy.

Wags, thinking of you & your family :hug:

G, so you may be a landlord in the near future ~ cool! I hope everything works out spectacularly

Hello to Pauly, Pav & everyone checking in tonight.
    Wishing us all a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wags, big hugs from me. What a terrible thing to happen, that is really sad. He sounds like he was a really good guy. xoxo

It is freaking freezing here!! Holy shite. -20C and going Dooowwnnn...........and more snow. February usually sucks for weather and so here it is. I usually go to Mexico around this time but Nope, not this year.

G, I think you are in the best market to do this. Way to go!

Enjoy your Friday night, its a great time to be sober. YOU can do this.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Happy Saturday Nesters,

Not many folks checking in today, hope everyone is OK.
        I'm just holding the fort down, keeping the grandson fed & occupied. Today I had him involved in making chocolate chip cookies. His attention span was not really there but he did help. He's been playing Roblox ever since ~ that's where his attention is, haha!

Narilly, that is freaking cold weather, geez!!
        Our snow is expected to start sometime overnight. I guess it will just pile on the remainder of last Sunday's snow storm, Lol.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening nesters

Nar that is sooooooooooooooooo cold. we are at 19 celcius which is not really summer weather here. my eldest stayed last night so we took the dogs to the beach this morning, then went to a cactus nursery and it had other plants so that was good. Its nice to have the freedom to move around.

tomorrow i go to the dermatologist to get a skin check, i know after not going for a year i have a lot of burning to get done and probably a biopsy above my lip.

Tuesday i am going into work for meetings, its getting to the stage we wish we were back in lockdown as we are so busy. But grateful to be working and busy.

Lav, i made a keto coffee cheesecake and it didnt look like the picture it tasted delicious. i have not done much cooking but the kids are not home much atm so i have a lot of ME time which is wonderful.

hope everyone is well, take care xx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I'm sending you warm hugs Wags. I'm very sorry for your loss.

For the first time in ages we're having big snow. 10 cm now and growing fast, how beautiful everything is. And suddenly this city is ruledby pedestrians instead of cars. I can remember snow like this from when i was a child. Going to be crazily cold this week.

This morning my love said what a huge transformation i've been going through since i completely quit drinking a year and a month (!) ago. He said you're so much more firm, self secure, balanced, open. Very good hear this from outside perspective.
            And the last years - because of baclofen - i wasn't even drinking half of what i drank in the heydays of my addiction. This is the big down side of medication like baclofen, enabling you to drink in a (kinda) moderate way. The urge to take rigorous action disappears though the dependent life is continued in lots of ways. I'm so thankful i came here and was confronted with that.
            Completely quitting booze is the best thing i could've done.
            Last edited by julia1970; February 7, 2021, 10:15 AM.
            AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Hi, All:

Happy Sunday.

Julia - it is nice when people notice how good we feel inside matches how we look outside. Congratulations.

Nar - that is SO COLD! I sometimes think that I "miss" winter with our lack of temperature variation, but I don't miss that. I have lived in snowy places for short periods of time, but I have never experienced that much cold.

Not much to report. My husband, son and I went on a little day trip to a place south on the coast. It felt like a mini vacation and it was a beautiful day (sorry Nar!).

Happy SOBER Sunday,
              Pav

Comment

Happy Un Hung Sunday everyone,
                Today it is colder -27C this morning and up north where my hubby works, it is -41C!!! Which is -41F, holeee shite!
                The problem with that kind of cold is that things start to break and don't work as well as they normally do. For example, you have to make sure your car is not empty or the fuel line will freeze. Another example is my mom keeping her tap running slowly in her kitchen so her water pipe does not freeze. Stuff you Southerners never think about!
                BUT it is sunny and beautful outside so I will go for a walk later. My dogs sure go to the bathroom quickly though, Elvis my little daschund was crying and lifiting up his paw this morning after about 2 minutes outside. Poor little fella.

Yeah Pav, you are lucky to be living in such a temperate place. It sounds beautiful.

No thoughts of booze here. I don't need no ticket to Boozeville!

Have a good one everybody and don't drink today.
                Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

It was snowing when I woke up & didn’t stop until late afternoon. Funny thing is it went right to melting which is nice but the remainder will freeze hard as the colder arctic air moves in.
                  Good day to stya in & catch up on some projects anyway

Narilly, I can’t even imagine that cold air, geez be careful!

Pav, a day trip sounds nice but I’ll wait until the snow melts, haha!

Julia, it is nice when someone notices & actually compliments on your changes. Keep up the good work! Enjoy the snow, we all seem to be getting more than usual.

Ava, good luck at your appointment. My husband has to go every three months due to his melanoma. We have to stay ahead of that stuff.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Having a very hard time everyone. I think I mentioned awhile back that our dog has a condition called megaesophagus (ME for short), which is where the esophagus doesn't work right. It's enlarged (hence the "mega") and the musculature doesn't move food to the stomach like it should. To feed such dogs they have to sit vertically, either in a special chair or by being held up or similar. Anyway, long story short, ME makes dogs much more prone to aspiration pneumonia. Our poor girl had it last summer, and now she is fighting it off again. It's just too much right now, especially right on the heels of losing our BIL.

I won't drink. I have to be at my very best to help tend our pup and hopefully get her back to health, but I'm exhausted and worn down from all of the stress and responsibility on top of the anger at the effing haters in this country who want to worship an orange LOSER.

I will read back and catch up as soon as we get over this current hump. Please send healing thoughts and any spare strength you have. Our little family could use it.
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

You have so much to handle right now, Wags. Thank goodness you are securely sober and completely there to take care of all the beings that need you. Remember to treat yourself the same way you are treating them - gently and kindly. Maybe it would help to avoid the news this week. What happens out 'in the world' is out of our control anyway; save your energy to do the things you can for you and your family. I will be thinking of you :hug:.

You sound great, Julia. Congratulations on your 11 months and for having your partner notice - what a nice compliment!

Nar, it is 6F here. I'm trying to be as tough as you are and go out for a walk but it is HARD! It is going to be very cold for at least a week though and I don't want to be stuck in the house that long so I need to just psyche up and do it.

Lav, I'm starting to see the pull of technology on young boys :uncomfortableness:. I foresee battles ahead... It is fun to be text message "pen pals" with our oldest grandson but I certainly see a lot of poop emojis!!

This likely will be a tough week in the US and social media will be full of people writing about needing a drink and glorifying various types of alcohol. Good to remember that our drinking wouldn't make anything better.

Comment

Happy Un Hung Monday everyone.
                        I work the evening shift today so have time to post this morning.

NS, 6F is about -14C and yeah that is cold. I totally understand not wanting to go out in that weather. We have all the gear to wear in this cold weather and that makes it easier for sure.

G, hope things are going well with you and the new business stuff you are doing.

Big hugs to you Wags, I know of a couple of dogs here that have the same condition as yours. That is really hard to deal with. Hang in there Wags, you will get through this.

Have a good one everybody, and don't drink today.
                        Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hola friends,

Wags, sending strong vibes of love and strength over the waves to you and family. Take care of yourself too, and i agree with NS - Avoid the news for awhile. Threw the idiot box out a few years ago. Don't reckon i've missed much. Thinking of you and pup.

Thanks Nar. Early days on the business front, but daily action towards it.

Keep warm over there evabody. Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Like everyone else it never made it above freezing today, chilly!!
                            Just to make us feel better we have 2 more snow events on the way this week, Lol

Wags, I’m so sorry you have so much going on right now. We all know you will stay strong & do your best for everyone. Take good care of you as well :hug: Lots of strength & love coming your way.

NS, it’s not just the boys. My granddaughter is online constantly too. The messages from her are generally cute & nice to receive. The boys are different animals, haha. The oldest is 12 now & he has stopped with the poop emojis, thank goodness. They do grow up pretty fast these days!

Narilly, I hope your work evening goes well

G, as rotten as the news is I find myself ‘needing’ to watch. That all started after the September 11th attacks - I feel the need to know what’s going on, like it or not.
                            We’re all wishing you greta luck on your business venture.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe & warm night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi, All:

Wags, so sorry for all the crap on your plate. I read this somewhere - grief is the cost of love. That really hit home for me. Take good care of yourself - get out for exercise and renewal. Sending you strength, love, and healing thoughts from me and my two pups from down south.

The tech battle is real. Still fighting it with my kid and with myself. It can be so self soothing to play a game or scroll through Instagram - I have to be very conscious about putting the phone down, sometimes more successfully than others. Has anyone seen The Social Dilemma? I would show it to my kids as early as possible really. It is horrifying (and all of the big wigs in those companies don't allow their kids to have social media which should tell us something...) It feels like fighting against a raging river, though. Good luck.

I don't feel like drinking but I do feel like escaping. There is a lot of down energy around right now - the slog of the pandemic combined with the slog of February are tamping down everything. I'd love to go to a tropical beach and swim in the ocean. Or take a forest bath. Or SOMETHING. I'll get there one day soon.

Thanks for listening everyone. Glad you're all here. Let's make sure we take care of each other and don't drink!

Pav

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Pav, I think most of us are feeling the down energy. How could we not considering everything going on? I truly believe we will all be OK but we need to be patient, take it one day at a time. Focusing on what we can do to help ourselves is a good place to start. I like to think about things I can do to make others happy right now. It helps me to take the focus off myself a bit.

We did get out of the house to run a bunch of errands today & drop off fresh eggs to a few folks. I like that my chickens are making other people happy too
                                The weather report is pretty crappy for the rest of the week so I guess I’ll hunker down & craft my brains out, haha!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X