Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Checking in with another day AF. Thanks for your support everyone. I should be back to participating more fully soon. In the meantime I appreciate your kindness and well wishes.
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Thanks for letting us know you are ok, Wags. xx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Getting colder again & awaiting more snow. What else is new? Hahha.

Wags, good to see you checking in. You know we will be here when you’re ready to jump back in the nest!

Hi NS & everyone!

I’m keeping myself busy working on crafts, filling orders & that sort of thing.
        I had one cup of regular coffee yesterday & darn if it didn’t totally screw up my sleep last night. Guess that was a dumb decision on my part LOL/
        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening nesters

Wags, i am thinking of you and hope your pup recovers.

Work has been mad, the hospital is full and they are cancelling every admission i organise. Im ready to walk but i love my job and my team.

Nar 32 celcius here today and i am not liking it.

We have a cluster of covid cases in Victoria again. My doctors did mention a third wave, im lucky i am an introvert and dont mind staying at home.

WELL, i have to tell you all the wonderful news that FINALLY i am going to be a nana. My eldest son who is 32 gave me the news today, he is the one that lives with my mother. Her happiness level is at an all time low, it wasnt the news she wanted to hear today. at 84 i would be happy to be alive to see a GG child. I love her positivity lol. Me, well i have told all my doctors at work and cant wait, its been a long time wanting this. No one is going to ruin this happy event in my life.

So on that note, take care xx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congratulations, Ava! When is your little darling due to arrive? Being a grandparent is so much fun because, not being the main one in charge, you can just observe and marvel as they grow. I've noticed so many miraculous things about our grandsons that I was just too busy to appreciate with my kids. I'm so grateful to have escaped the bonds of addiction before they came into our lives.

Hey, Lav. I saw your recent craft products on FB -- those are really fun and so well done!

Comment

Happy Un Hung Thursday everyone.

Congrats Gma Ava! That is excellent news, you will be the best grandma ever!

Wags, xo, hang in there. Thanks for checking in.

Lav, I wish I could get eggs from you.

Neen, hope you are doing ok.
              Work is super slow right now as our numbers are down. So many of the people getting Covid don't know where they acquired it so that is scary.

Our car battery is dead because it hit -31C and we did not have it plugged in or in the garate. Now we are charging the battery and warming up the car. It is supposed to start warming up tomorrow, fingers crossed.

We went out for lunch and it was really nice. We had a brisk walk to the restaurant (20 min) and that was nice. It felt good to eat good food and support a local business, it was fun AND I didn't drink!

Have a good one evabody- and don't drink today.
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Woke up to an additional 3” or more of snow today, not that we really needed any more.
                My nice neighbor across the road plowed the driveway for us again so I baked them donuts as a thank you . They have two young boys so I know the donuts are appreciated.

Granny Ava, CONGRATS to you! Welcome to the granny club, it’s a lot of fun & often a lot of work too if you’re involved in watching them. I appreciate every single moment I have with them, AF & free!!
                I can’t even think about a 3rd wave of Covid, ugh. I still haven’t been able to get an appt. to get us vaccinated, not enough vaccines around yet.

NS, thanks, I am trying to build up my stock to get ready for craft shows which will probably be outdoor again this year. Of course if anyone needs a gift in the meantime I’ll be ready
                The grandkids have helped me grow, I realize that now. They helped me & I was there for them in return.

Narilly, I always have extra eggs on hand so if you’re in the neighborhood....
                Glad you got out for a meal today, breaks up the monotony for sure. I hope your car has recovered.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning Nest! ItÂ’s 0F degrees outside, and IÂ’m watching snow and the bunnies and squirrels run outside. They must have to keep moving to stay warm!

Wags, sorry that your pup is struggling. It is exhausting and the ultimate showing of love to help them. Hugs to you and thoughts of strength. You will get through this.

We are doing a healthy eating plan this month in my house. My husband has traditionally given up booze for the month. But last week he said he was just giving it up during the week. Then last night he had a beer and said, IÂ’m just cutting back. He was telling me, hoping to get my approval - saying that itÂ’s Covid, and his job is hard, and itÂ’s an unusually stressful time. I could see the rationalizing wheels turning. I told him that his relationship with alcohol was up to him and he can choose what he does. He kept looking to me for approval, or disproval and I didnÂ’t give him either. IÂ’ve disengaged with everyone elseÂ’s alcohol use - as it is enough to take care of mine. That left him feeling badly about it all - well, so be it. Live with your choices. To be clear, he is not creating any problems with his drinking - only holding himself back from learning to cope with life in more productive ways.

My kids are now upÂ… I canÂ’t seem to find time to read and post in peace.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

What the heck? I was getting error messages saying I didn't have permission to hit like post, and when it signed me back in, I'm getting the same weird apostrophe stuff that JVO has been getting. Virus? Weird.
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

AVA! That is so wonderful. I know you'll be a great grandmother - judging by Carl, Mads, Cardi, etc. they will get a lot of love and attention. You have a lot of good granny role models here. I'm ready but I feel my sons can still barely take care of themselves, so I am guessing it will be a while...

Not much to report. Slogging through this week but looking forward to the weekend.

Thinking of you, Wags.

Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Chilly here too at 28 degrees. Freezing rain due tomorrow somehow, yuck.
                        No weekend guest here for a change, grandson can entertain his parents this weekend, haha.

Kensho, my husband continued to drink after I quit nearly 12 years ago but I’ve noticed he only ever has a beer if he’s out somewhere. Most people naturally decrease their alcohol intake as they get older so I guess that’s what’s going on. I’m not preaching to anyone either, let them make their own choices

Hi Pav, hope. Your day was a good one.

Wags, thinking of you & hope you’re OK :hug:

Guess I’ll continue working on craft projects this weekend since nothing else is going on. I’m fine with that!
                        Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

evening nesters

Well we are in a 5 day lockdown again but thats okay. of course everyone went nuts when they heard and pillaged the supermarkets. luckily i always go shopping on friday morning so i dont have to deal with crowds on the weekends so mine was done and dusted before the madness began. Not going to visit my son though but that will wait till next weekend when hopefully we can get out and about. Hopefully the vaccine becomes available before winter hits us.

Pav, i sometimes dont think my sons can look after themselves but at least my eldest has a good woman behind him.

Kensho, i have no tolerance for drinkers, i will always give my opinion on what i think of drinking if asked though and most i dont think like it. Im proud of my sobriety, its not achieved by many. Its funny how others want approval drinking and we know that we cant give it and nor should we.

About to take carl for a walk, we can have 2 hours of exercise within 5 kilometres of our residence. just a walk will do us.

take care xx
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

No crowd here the past few days, hope everyone is OK.
                            We had rain for about 20 minutes this afternoon now everything is covered in ice. I will not be going anywhere, that’s for sure.

Ava, not sure what good a five day lockdown will do but it will go fast. Hope you & Carl enjoyed your walk.
                            We’re still waiting on word of available vaccines around here, can’t wait until it’s our turn.

Not much else to say so I’ll wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I’m here, Lav. Not much going on to report other than the very important I’M NOT DRINKING!

We’re watching a virtual concert as our Valentine “date” tonight. Some artists are getting pretty creative in ways to keep their audiences and make a little money.

Happy Valentines Day, Nesters!

Comment

Hey, Nesters, and Happy Valentine’s Day. Hubs got his second Covid vaccine today, so another reason to celebrate. I’m happy that he will have some good protection. Now, if only I can get the shots! I’m in group 4 and we are still on group 2. I’m impatient and I hate that.
                                I have been watching the impeachment trial this week. I have the same emotions as when OJ was acquitted. I wonder what (if any) guiding principles our leaders have. I’m just disgusted
                                Wags, my first cousin took a terrible fall last week also. She fractured her skull, several ribs, both feet, left hand and several vertebra. After two surgeries, she is slowly improving, but can you imagine the pain of all that? Life can change ona dime.
                                pits been raining here for three weeks and it’s bone chilling cold, 44°F (don’t tell Narilly what wimps we are). My feet are perpetually cold.
                                Kensho, I noticed your wonky apostrophe. What the what?
                                Julia, always nice to get some reinforcement on our sobriety. It is one of the hardest things I’ve ever fought so it feels good to get noticed.
                                Neen, hope you are staying strong. I always think of you when they mention teachers on tv. You really are on the front lines.
                                Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X