Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

I've been staying in the nest to keep in touch with the few others who remain here but would be happy to jump to another (busier) thread that is more active. Should we join Lav and her pals in the monthly/weekly abstinence thread?:

Last edited by NoSugar; June 2, 2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Wags & NS, YES please join us in the Monthly?weekly abstinence threads. I was going to mention that myself last night. We are open & ready for new blood anytime you want to join in haha.

We just ran up to town to attend the First Friday event. Lots of people & millions of little kids running around with ice cream on their faces Lol
      It’s fun just to walk thru, check out the vendors & enjoy the walk. We hit 92 degrees today, hot!!! Hoping for some rain tomorrow for our lawns that are burning up so badly.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav & NS - I'm down to head over to the Monthly/Weekly abstinence threads. I took a peek and saw several familiar names. I'm just here for a quick check-in tonight but will post there tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening nesters

Yes as much as i hate to say it, i think we need to roost where there is more activity though most of it is slowing down. NS i cant ever seem to find the monthly abstincence thread. I dont mind either way.

God going to disney land sounds way too hard, takes a lot of the fun out of it for the kids. i can imagine it would cost an arm and a leg. the joy of the children will more than make up for it though.

I had to cancel my acupuncture yesterday as i was in close contact with a co-worker at work that i had coffee and a download with. i have had 4 co-workers with covid in the past two weeks, makes running a clinic extremely hard but thats life. thankfully my arm is pretty good and i can knit for a lot longer than before.

Wags glad your dad is more stable, that is definitely a win.

Lav, it really is warming up for you isnt it. I am glad those days are over for me. our weather is still quite pleasant, its just the short days that are annoying. I have started to walk the dogs further now and carl is so happy. Will include a happy snap of of the 3 of us.

Take care xx

dogs walking june 2023.jpg
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi from Venice Nest! We are resting feet after 17,000 steps, before we head back out to dinner. It?s particularly hard in the feet with stone cobble everywhere there is not water! Having a very nice time. My husband is enjoying drinks and my kids are very supportive of me not drinking. I?ve dabbled in dairy, and got gluten free pizza last night, so thrilled!

Wags, it?s wonderful to hear your dad has had some positive days. That must be such a relief!

I felt panic when you all talked about closing the nest? but I must remember that there are other places and that I chose to quit? no one else did it did it for me. Still I really, really appreciate and need support. I?ll check out those threads

Ava, stay well

Hi NS and Lav!

We?re off to dinner.
            Last edited by KENSHO; June 3, 2023, 11:23 AM.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hey Nesters,

Checking in tonight, all is well with me.

Wags, see ya over at the other thread

Ava, still so much covid going around despite everyone being repeatedly jabbed with vaccines, ugh.
              That stroller looks extremely comfy. I think I could squeeze myself in if I really tried, haha. Glad you are getting your walks in with the fur gang. Hang in there!

Kensho, I’m happy to hear you are enjoying Venice. My daughter went there for their honeymoon, loved it too.
              The nest has been extremely quiet & I personally feel after 14+ years I should finally move on. I will check in from time to time. Join us in the monthly/weekly abs thread. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello everyone, and ciao Kensho!

Nice Sunday morning here.

I felt a bit uneasy reading the talk of closing The Nest, but I do understand where you're all coming from. While I haven't been a constant poster (and that's an understatement!), the Nest is never far from my thoughts. It's the place I dried off my wings and learned to fly again, and I'm eternally grateful.

But it's the people not the thread that matters, so if you're ''re-grouping'' elsewhere, I'd like to be there too!

Take care everyone and see you again soon,
                love,
                Steady
                :heartbeat:
                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

I will probably always stop by the nest to see whether anyone has posted, but definitely want a more active place to post and read, so off to the abs thread I go. Hope to see each and every one of you there!

Kensho - great to see you and to hear how fab your Italy trip has been so far. Have you heard any talk of Venice worried they'll be underwater with sea levels rising? That was a concern when we were there in 2018 and I imagine it's only gotten worse.

Lav - you have been "nest Mom" for an incredibly long time and I'd venture to say you've impacted hundreds of quits and lives in positive ways. I know you've been a huge part of me gaining confidence in my wings. See you on the other thread!

Steady - my heart sinks a little too, but you're right it's the people not the thread. See you in abstinence!

Ava - covid is still everywhere it seems. A woman in my dad's memory care unit just tested positive in the past week or so. Sorry it's making your work harder and costing you acupuncture sessions. Thanks for sharing the pic - too cute!

Ok everyone, standing on the edge of the nest and jumping in 5, 4, 3, 2...
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

I usually find threads via "my unread posts" button but like you, Ava, I don't see that monthly thread listed. There usually is a post listed at the far right of the home page under "latest forum posts". I hope we all manage to make it over there! Here is the link to this week's first post by Mick: https://www.mywayout.org/community/m...ml#post1824553

I hope you don't get Covid again, Ava. Glad to hear you are having a good time, Kensho!

Comment

Glad to see a few checking in & no major malfunctions happening

Steady, join us on the Abstinence thread, please.
                      You have lots of AF time under your belt, time to do a little flying!

Wags & NS, see you ladies over there

I’ll be checking on the nest especially if a newbie flies in needing support.

Have a safe night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hola evabody,

All is well here. Quite busy, and that includes on personal development. So i haven't lost the plot as yet. Hope all are good. take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I haven't been posting much but I do often fly by and do a quick skim of The Nest! So one more vote to leave open!

Comment

Lav, I can’t let you leave without a word of thanks for your steady, no-nonsense, daily words of encouragement. You have made a big difference in my journey and I have appreciated your support. As nest moms go, you have been the rock that has made so many lives change for the better. Thank you for that.

I’m going to post here while on my trip. We made it to Tuscany. I see that it is the land of wine, cheese and pasta. I’m trying to have an open mind and stay positive, though I feel a little like there’s not much here for me. I know that’s not true, as we will visit Florence and I get to enjoy the lazy, lovely views here.

Hi Mulberry and Zen Warrior! Good to see you both.

Wags, I didn’t ask about the sinking… and I’ll bet they would not want to talk about it. It is definitely a HUGE tourist industry that I doubt they will want to jeopardize. Is your dad finding a bit of balance? And are you?

Best to everyone. Wine is not my friend.
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hey Nesters,

I think I’ll make at least a weekly fly-by, the nest remains open to all

G, glad you dropped by & good to hear you are well & busy!

Mulburry, hope you are well.

Kensho, thank you for your words, I appreciate the thoughts.
                              Where there’s a will there’s a way to enjoy most anything AF. I’m a firm believer in that. The old monkey mind may speak up once in a while, just tell it to shut up, haha! Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe nightin the nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

We visited small hill towns yesterday. A butcher, a thrift store (got a dress and bracelet for 10 euro and spoke in Italian!), a biking store, a castle, got DF gelato and saw eye candy at every turn. What I knew but sis not yet feel, is that there is plenty here for me. I have noticed that when I eat wrong (gluten and too much dairy), and feel inflamed, my mood tanks. I?m feeling much more positive today.

I was able to talk with my parents via FaceTime last night and just telling my mom that it felt hard to be around so much wine helped. My husband has learned not to offer it to me but he?s not really supportive.

5+ years in and it can still be hard. But I have much practice.

Anyone out there who needs support? please chime in. It is what made all the difference to me. I just heard the statement, ?Life is not about becoming someone else, it?s about learning who you really are and showing it to the world. As long as you ask for help, and accept it, you will grow into a better version of yourself.? - Higgins, Ted Lasso

Hugs to all
                                Last edited by KENSHO; June 11, 2023, 03:05 AM.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X