Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Hi, just checking in. Had 2 glasses of wine last night, really enjoyed them and didn't want more. I'm modding for January, going for an AF February - (after my Birthday and Chinese New Year). I'm having a good day today, the dogs got their walk, I managed to haul myself to the top of Singapore's only big hill and back down, and I've ticked two major guilt makers off my 'to do list'. I didn't get my paints last night but am off to town to get them later. I also have to go shoe shopping which isn't good. Unfortunately in the Land of Malls where shopping is a sport , I just don't like it, does nothing for me. However I'm down to 2 pairs of thongs and some hysterically high heels so needs must. Welcome to the new 'Nesters' and hope all the fledglings have a great day. B
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi S Betty,

i so hear you on the shoe front....its just plain wrong, I hate the ckickety clackety crap here. Wish i could tell you a good shop to go to but am afraid I cant. I do like nine west but quite spendy. I did just buy some cute pumps from the catalogue Boden (its in the UK and you can return/exchange within 3 months) and they deliver really fast. When is your birthday, mine is 31st Jan, Not sure how am going to navigate Chinese new year, as man wants to throw a party,

Nesties, hows it going in there? whos in the jacuzzi and whos by the fire?

N
      Live your life in such a way that
      when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
      Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

oney, meant ot ask you early about the chippie, do they have cheesey garlic sauce....we could sit by the fire with a mega bowl of them, manys a Punt was spent in Abrakebabra.....sp?

Sunshine what do you call that canadian dish of chips/fries with the gravy etc.? not poteen but sounds like it
        Live your life in such a way that
        when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
        Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scoot over y'all...LOL!!
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

the nest...

Me, red jammies, fire, hot chocolate, good books and movies and friends.

Renewal and George Clooney are fighting over who gets to wait on me....Renewal runs a close second in his knitted green slippers....George sprints ahead in his pink Izod....Renewal takes down George but his green (yuk) robe trips him up...George flexes a manly bicep and charming grin...Renewal is up and yanks the belt from his green (yuk) robe...catches up to George , takes the belt and ..................:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Up, you are a great play writer! Next scene, please! :h
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, feathered ones! Heyyyyyyy... we made it to FRIDAY!!! :woot:

Ok, trying to do things in order here... Oney, if you mention ONE MORE TIME that you want your bootie to GROW, I'm gonna scream! It just ain't fair, dammit!

Neuro, no danger zone for me today.. I think. There MAY be wine with dinner tonight; my step son and his g/f want to cook for everybody - but I'm determined to make it through day 6. Oh.. and the totally fattening Canuck thing is Poutin. Fries, gravy, cheese, insane amounts of salt... yadayadayada.

Betty, you're my kinda soul. I can't stand shopping, either. I mean, the first 3 1/2 minutes are fun... if I haven't found what I was looking for by then I get extremely irritated.

Morning LTG! How's my fav Texan Tigress?

Oh... btw... can someone please translate 'chipper', or 'chippie' for me???
                Here, I was thinking Oney volunteered to look after the firewood? No? Well, someone better tend that fire, minus 32C this morning.. it just gets better and better. Global warming my ass.

Well, dear squawking nestlings, have a wonderful Friday - I shall try and pop in here and there since RENEWAL HAS DESERTED US (work...pfffhhhh.. what kinda lame excuse is that?!) Oh... and let's remember to recruit any newly arriving members!

:thumbsup Keep up the spirit, peeps!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Upnorth... sit back in your red jammies and watch the spectacle unfold....

Renewal and George Clooney are fighting over who gets to wait on me....Renewal runs a close second in his knitted green slippers....George sprints ahead in his pink Izod....Renewal takes down George but his green (yuk) robe trips him up...George flexes a manly bicep and charming grin...Renewal is up and yanks the belt from his green (yuk) robe...catches up to George , takes the belt and ..................
                  stages an impressive stance. Eyes of steel on George, skillfully twirling the robe belt, a sinister smile on his lips.... waiting for the right moment. George, unconcerned, turns to fetch the hot chocolate... when Renewal makes his bold move... slinging his belt at George's right ankle... twirling him around... oh my... George is losing his balance... surprise in his eyes... oh no.... OH YES.... George lands safely on Sunshine's lap...... ...:H

Trouble is, the hot chocolate is cold by now.
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Newbies,
                    Ok. My son's and my school were cancelled due to dangerously low temps. I love hanging out here and being just as lazy as I can be. What a treat. So, I'm hangin' out near the fire to keep warm!

Kiwi, welcome. And congrats onday 7 AF! That's an awesome start.

I'm day 14 here and feeling wonderful. How many readers here? Well, I'm currently reading a book by Christopher Lawford "Moments of Clarity." It's a collection of stories on famous and successful people that have surrendered to the beast. Their stories are so inspirational. I find myself reading a sentence, stopping and reflecting on how this relates to me (sometimes stariing off into space for quite awhile until my husband or son say, "What ARE you doing?") then read on. I love reading and seeing that so many of the characteristics of my problem match that of others and also see how one can live a beautiful life after this surrender.

Ok. I'm going to make breakfast by the fire. Eggs, bacon anyone? I'm not into watching cholestoral intake today!

Have a great day.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for breakfast! We need the calories in the cold. Permission to pig out granted :h
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok Looking! In that case, I'll add fried potatoes to the breakfast menu! Did anyone ever have fried mush? Oh! Delicious! Fried corn meal with syrup. I've got to get to the store now! Bye!
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All: Muppet your note struck a chord with me. I become frightened at the idea of an alcohol free day. I don't know what to do with myself if I don't have a some wine to look forward to at the end of the day and then you know it just goes from there.....and several glasses later the whole things starts again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi book! Welcome to the Nest!
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice work Wally!
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest