• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks lav.

: )

Comment

Newbies Nest

I forgot to state the whole point to my post!!!!!
      The best way to NOT DRINK is to NOT DRINK!!! Oy...

Ditcher...hunny, I speak for most of us here....we've been in that ditch with you. And I will tell you this...the way to climb out of there is to take it hour by hour. Get rid of that beer or The Voice will do it for you. You know The Voice, that's the other you that tells you there's no use to try, you are too far gone....the one that says, I've made it this far, just one won't hurt. It's the voice of addiction.....and that voice will tell you ANYTHING you want to hear to get its way. Look at me...it will tell you ANYTHING to make you drink.
      You have flown in tto he best possible place you could land. Spend some time reading all you can...the story is the same one over and over, yours is the same one with a mustache...Alcohol (AL) has taken you to the lowest point it can...you now have to pick yourself up...no one will do this for you...shakes and all. Brush yourself off good...and put one foot in front of the other one. Each person's posts you read today...each one of us came here when there was NO WHERE else to go. Make yourself do anything else...clean the house...go out side and look at something...keep yourself occupied and your mind occupied. DON'T let yourself start thinking about drinking...make yourself get out of that rabbit hole! Get out of that thinking at all costs. Arm yourself with other things to do and eat. When you have a bad craving or thought, go eat something. I'm serious this will help. Get thru this day one, my new friend....and you will be a new person. Don't look too far down the road..just get thru this hour. Just get thru this day. You can do it.... Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

My god I feel like crying.Thank you.

Everone is helping.thank to you all!

ITD

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just sent you a private message ITD.

A few tears are OK today but just a few because you have a lot of work to do

Take a look in our wonderful https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
          It has lots of great ideas to help you make your plan!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here's a good piece from the Tool Box

http://www.e-t-c.me.uk/pdf/Artricle%...al%20Power.pdf
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dropping back in to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

In the ditch,
                You have some great advice and thoughts from Byrdlady and others here, so I just want to add my welcome. You've made the most important step by admitting you have a problem and seeking help. I have only been here a short while, but I already feel at home because of the wonderful, supportive atmosphere here. Let me just repeat: take it hour by hour, day by day and i agree: get rid of the beer! It's a ticking time bomb.
                Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Intheditch,

I just read your posts. I'm sorry you're in such a state--shakes, sick maybe, lonely and sad. But, believe me when I tell you, you have friends here. Visit everyday so you feel a part of us. Post whatever you need to post; we understand.

My best to you,
                  Juja
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

yes there are some wonderfull people here.

I'm trying desaratly to deal.with my angsiety level.Im scared.
                    And I hope I can sleep tonight.

Thank you everone.Its been a long day.

ITD:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome intheditch, you have come to a great place. I am new too and have found a lot of comfort and strength from the people here.

I'm realizing how important exercise is to the recovery of our AL-boggled bodies and minds... I have been walking and rode my exercise bike on the weekend, I haven't done that in months! Also had my first yoga class today and it felt wonderful. I felt peaceful and feel like I am starting to forgive myself. So what if I spent half the time in "childs pose"?!

Everyday we are stronger. Today I am 10 days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you TODAY.

Good luck

ITD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can Anyone tell me if it is safe to take Ibuprofen?

TIA

ITD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Intheditch;1164130 wrote: Can Anyone tell me if it is safe to take Ibuprofen?

TIA

ITD
                            Don't take it if you've been drinking to excess--I think the bottle says not to take it if you have more than 3 drinks a day. I'd give my liver a break, if I were you, whether you drank today or not. The AL and ibuprofen combination can serious liver problems.

I understand your anxiety. It's paralyzing, isn't it? You feel like you're possessed. Keep this in mind: it may may be the physical reaction to AL withdrawal, or it's a physical reaction to an emotional situation. Look, if it's due to either, and you feel like you're going to lose it, go to a hospital. I've done it twice for anxiety/depression and the world didn't come to an end. It's probably your best option. There's no reason to go through this torture alone.

I would tell you to take slow, deep breaths in (count of 8), and slowly release them at the same rate, but it didn't work for me when I was crazy with anxiety. But it might for you, so lie down and try it, anyway. If you truly focus on your breathing, you can't focus on anything else.

Oh, God, I feel for you. If I made it through, believe me, you can, too. I understand the hell you're going through. You'll be okay; try to weather the storm. Get medical help if you need it. DON'T HESITATE!
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Juja.

I have a 11:15 apointment with my doc tomorrow.

Check in with everone then.Goonight

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great Day Nesters Near & Far!

Hey Ditcher....Looks like you didn't stray too far from The Nest yesterday, and I hope you'll be doing the same today! Yes, the physical symptoms for the first few days can be a real drag - we all know, and we feel your pain. Be sure to drink lots and lots of water! Sleep may be a challenge for a few days as well, just get what you can whenever you can!
                                Work on your Plan - that is a key. I went 9 days with no plan, and when life presented me a fine little bump in the road and went and got drunk - because that was how I dealt with everything in life!
                                For sure get reading on the MWO book (you can download it), and for sure get the supplements and the CD's - You'll find those extremely helpful!
                                Stay in The Nest as much as possible - there is great love for you here!

Today - Way to go on the 10 Days!! :goodjob: Keep it going!

Hello Weader! Hi Juja!

Good Morning Nest Mums!!!
                                -Cap'n G

Comment

Working...
                                X