• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Nest,

Just wanted to wish you well.
    Love the post Byrd and Lav.
    ITD, hang in there. You can do this.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

It's not raining at the moment but it will soon, oh well!

ITD, hope you weathered the night OK in the Nest! Good that you are seeing your Doc, hope you get whatever help you need.

Today, congrats on your 10 AF days

Juja, you sound much better these days, great

Hi greg, are you getting any of this rain down there in FL? I saw pictures on the news last night of roads caving & whole neighborhoods flooded in NJ ~ too close for comfort :comfort:

Well, I have another busy day in progress here & no time to think of AL ~ just the way I like it too
      Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

PS: Hi sunshine

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

goodmorning friends.

No sleep again,still got the head ach.But not near soo shakey.~~

With out the peace of sleep it makes for a long day.

Too keep up the will power.
        Talk to you this afternoon.

ITD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Intheditch;1164358 wrote: goodmorning friends.

ITD
          Congrats on staying on target. Things will get better, sounds as if they are already better. Remember that drinking also makes for a long day, and you are on your way to recovery instead of still being mired in the alcohol-haze. Kudos to you!:goodjob:
          Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HELLO, Nestafarians (Stole that from Greg)!

Good morning, Nesters! I thought I uploaded a post from my blackberry this weekend but aparently it didn't take. Sorry I've been outta the loop and it'll probably take me a day or two to get caught up with everyone. I scanned the posts and it looks like we have a lot to celebrate and a few new baby birds.

Welcome, ITD! You are a very brave soul to be toughing this out! I second all the posts--water, sleep when you can, read the book. And, personally, I dvr "Intervention" on tv and watch an episode when I feel tempted. It's a little cheesy but I was heading toward starring in that show and I don't want to be that sad, sad girl.

I survived the concert AF! Whoo hoo! Some new insights into drunk people--they are annoying! Dancing did feel awkward--I felt very self-conscious at first, but it felt a little easier over the course of the evening (I figured everyone else was too drunk to notice if I couldn't keep the beat). It felt good to be in control, but I did feel a little left out. I know, I know, Byrd, left out of what? Annoying, drunk talk-and-don't-make-sense, and can't-remember-it-the-next-day, stumbling-and-embarrassing-yourself circle? :rockband:

On another note, something to celebrate: I got the job! Whoo hoo! I'm so excited to be able to be off the road! Thanks so much for all your well-wishes! Love you, all!

Day 15 AF for me!

PS: Lav, I love the DailyOm, too! Very timely post!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Intheditch;1164358 wrote: goodmorning friends.

ITD
              Yes, anxiety and AL withdrawal will keep you awake, but won't kill you. Please don't give up.

How did your dr's appt go this morning? I hope he gave you something to help you through this rough patch.

Keeping you close.:h

Juja
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunsign;1164384 wrote: It felt good to be in control, but I did feel a little left out. I know, I know, Byrd, left out of what? Annoying, drunk talk-and-don't-make-sense, and can't-remember-it-the-next-day, stumbling-and-embarrassing-yourself circle? :rockband:
                I'm going to remember that: "left out of what?" Excellent point!

Congrats on Day 15--that's a biggie.
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well he offered me drugs to help me sleep.LOL

I said no thanks.: )

Feeling better anyways.

Talk soon

ITD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

ITD, glad you saw your Doc & are beginning to feel better. Just take really good care of yourself, everything will work out soon

Greetings tonstantweader & Juja, greg, Byrdie & everyone!

Sunsign, great on the AF concert
                    Drunk people are seriously annoying & I am seriously happy knowing I'll never be one of them again :H
                    I hope everyone here takes a moment to sign up for the DailyOM inspiration email ~ I look forward to it every morning!

I have had a super busy day & it's not quite over yet :H

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done SunSign! So proud of you. Was I on your shoulder hauting you? I hope so. My southern voice is like Dolly Parton's...unfortunately, I can't sing like her, but I do kinda talk like her! I'm so glad you made it thru.
                      Nesters, we keep racking up the days and it's all good!! I could just pop with pride over our bad selves!!
                      I'm on the road tonight, had dinner with my boss and a customer...I drove back to the hotel...a first! We are all making such great progress. Stay close, luv, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
                        Maybe you could hum a little like Dolly for us sometime
                        Glad you are enjoying the freedom of an AF life!

Wishing everyone a good & safe night in the Nest!
                        Tomorrow is hump day already!!!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Intheditch;1164358 wrote:

ITD
                          I had trouble sleeping as well. I took 6mg Melatonin 1/2 hr before trying to sleep helped alot.

Keep up the effort it really does get better overtime. I never thought I would make it this far. I was hardcore, if I can do it anyone can.

Take care

Kev
                          29 days AF
                          Definition of Insanity
                          Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks:Just wanted to say goodnight to the nest

I hope you get some sleep Intheditch, it is really hard at first. I was really anxious about it as well but it does come. I wish for myself a dry night... I am sweating through my pj's at night! I guess thats the evil toxins working their way out of me. Meanwhile talcum powder at bed!

Greg - thanks for the reminder about using the Toolbox (on this or another thread, not sure) I haven't yet although i've peeked at it and made mental lists. I needed that kick in the pants and have assigned myself homework. This is work! Playing is what got me here, and it wasn't even fun for the last few years.

Wishing everyone the best!

11 days AF

And thanks Lav for all your wise and kind words

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Looking forward to a rain-free day in my portion of the nest ~ finally

Kev, congrats on your 29 AF days yesterday or one month AF today - good job!!!!!
                              Melatonin does help me sleep too, just have to be ready for some strange dreams :H

Today, good for you on your 11 AF days!
                              I unfortunately have been dealing with night sweating for nearly 15 years despite being on HRT. It is no where near as bad now of course without AL on board. The ceiling fan over my bed (in addition to the AC), cotton jammies & bedding & lavender scented talcum poweder help. Be sure to look in the Tool Box today & get yourself prepared for the weekend - don't leave it to chance

OK, time to get my day going.
                              Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 30

Morning Nesters!

Day 30 here..WooHoo! Couldn't have done it without you all, thank you! Also, my brotha from another mutha Kev is at 30 days, so a really big SHOUT OUT to Kev!

Yes Lav...lots of rain lately....In our usual summer weather pattern...chance of a thunderstorm almost every day...Just got back from bike ride and the boomers are here early today...pouring now! Fortunately, I can bounce out of bed these days and get right to it....Couldn't do that 30 days ago!

SunSign - Excellent job at the concert...we knew you could do it! And congrats on the new job too! Hope that works out great for you.

Busy day today, so gotta get rockin...Hope to check back in a few hours.

Ditcher - Hope you made it through another night....That's another victory that will boost your belief in your ability to win this thing. How's The Plan coming?

Hello JuJa and Tons!!

Hi Today! Do you have the CD's?? You're doing great!

C-Ya
                                -Cap'n G

Comment

Working...
                                X