Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone actually not feeling very cheery but full of determination and going to be hanging out in here often...
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

gregorino;1189509 wrote: Hi Mimi - I can relate. For years and years and years I would tell myself in the morning that I would not drink today and by 6 or 7 PM, i had found a reason to drink. Pretty much anything would do - had a great day, had a bad day, going out with friends, staying in alone....There was always ample reason to put off until tomorrow my plans to not drink, "Ah, what's another day..."

Well, another day turned into most of my adult life. A life I don't remember very much of... a life of mediocre accomplishments, wasted opportunities, ruined relationships....

It's hard to deal with the feelings of remorse and guilt about that wasted life. But, what I am beginning to get now is a REAL life. I am fully aware of every moment of every day. I awake each day with excitement and joy and fall asleep each night full of peace and gratitude.

Honestly, I don't know what I ever saw in AL.. He never did one friggin thing for me, but was extremely good at fooling me into thinking he was my friend. Ha!

My guess is that YOU can stop drinking Mimi. If I can, if lots of other Nesters can and did, then you can too. It's the nature of AL that is fooling you into thinking that you can't. AL needs you to feed it - it's an addiction; both physical and mental.

Make a plan and write it down. Get specific. Supplements, daily exercise routine, triggers and how they'll be handled, the abstinence CD's and what time you'll use them...etc, etc.

You came here because deep down inside the REAL you wants to get AL off her back. There is no magic bullet, but there is a tool box full of helpful information and a Nest full of others who, just like you, felt that they could never get AL out of their lives.

Work on your plan, share it with the Nest if you like, and remind yourself that you can do this. It's not a walk in the park, but the results will truly change your life.
      Thank you for this post it is very inspiring, I relate to everything you have said especially the finding a reason to drink part I honestly have used every excuse in the book too!
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Voice is an awful lot like a spoiled child....you have to tell it NO. As soon as you feel that sense of entitlement, STOP your thinking and say NO! Say it out loud if you have to. Don't go down the rabbit hole! Stop thinking about it. Say the Pledge of Allegience, recite a poem even if it's Twinkle Twinkle....stop that pattern of thinking. I'm telling you this is how you break the cycle. Do whatever you have to do to get thru it...it doens't last that long just GET thru it.
        The 2 weeks between after your first 2 weeks are a roller coaster....just ride them out...this is NOT the time to give in. Get your 30 days in at all costs!! One minute you think you can do anything and the next you don't think you'll survive the hour. But you hang in there, and keep your quit going. You will not regret it. Do not listen to The Voice, it is STRONG and will tell you absolutely anything to keep alive. (like you are so pretty and such a good talker, and how much you DESERVE a drink...and how you two should be together forever.....) Don't fall for this. It is a bold face lie. If you were looking at you from the outside in...wouldn't you tell yourself...dam, how do you keep falling for this? (It's easy when you want so desperately to hear these things). Keep going, it will be the best gift you ever gave yourself. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdy thank you for that, I like the idea of saying NO out loud kind of telling myself off LOL

Feeling a lot better now, been drinking gallons of fizzy water with lemon and earl grey and we have an indian takeaway ordered, watching x factor without a wine in my hand is a bizarre situation but I am glad I am not drinking especially since my dd and I are doing a car boot sale in the morning so we will be up at half four!!
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Mauri!! You will be so proud of yourself in the morning!!
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just heard something on tv that made me think....the first 4 hours of any diet is always easy. How true...it's getting over that hump that differentiates between success with anything. Stay strong, Nesters....you won't regret it. Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi i am New here looking forward to reading and sharing iv'e been an Alcoholic for now on 20yrs + i just started on Campral 2days todays, I hope and pray it works im willing to do whatever it takes to stop drinking completley after my last binge i thought i was going to die, that was 3weeks ago sober from then, 3wks today thank god. One Day at a time. Love to you all i am so greatful for all your sharing and input looking forward to reading it all.
                Godbless stay strong xxxxxx
                :new: Thank's for being a Friend,:wave::h:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Irisheyes - and congratulations on 3 weeks! That's awesome! I don't know too much about the meds but you sound very determined...:goodjob:

Today's lucky day number 13 for me. Way easier than 12 was - you were right Byrdie - :H

Some days are just tougher than others.

Just hanging out with my "little" (also lucky 13 years old) guy tonight.

See you all in the AM....sleep tight.
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Mimi & Mauri, hope you are both hanging in there.......

Hu Byrdie!

lolab, congrats on your 13 AF days! I'm very happy for you! Enjoy your evening

Irisheyes, hello & welcome to MWO! Glad you found the nest - settle in for a while!
                    CONGRATS on your 3 AF weeks :goodjob:
                    Yuo will be able to find more info about the meds in the MWO book. Yuo can download it from the Healt store here on the website. Here's a link to our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html. It has lots of great ideas to help you construct a good plan for yourself. Stay in touch & let us know how you are doing

Had a nice day myself, beautiful weather, no hangover - what more could I want? :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, Thanks for such an insperational post. I am not drinking anywhere near as much since I found MWO,but just dont seem to be able to say NO everytime. I had a AF Friday,which is very,very rare for me and the next day (Sat) was just the best day.Done lots of exciting things and had a great day. Then last night we were inivited out for Italian food and that was the trigger to drink. I need to be able to say NO!!! and stick to it!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, thank you. I need to post your encouraging words to my computer and read it everyday.

Lolab, Lavande, Irisheye's, boozer and everyone else. hi to all of you.

Went to a dinner party tonight, glad to be AF, home, drinking a cup of herbal tea and watching a little t.v. The end of day 2.
                        :hitme:
                        Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Done Mimi!! Isn,t it great to come home a/f instead of drunk and stupid? Its 4.45pm in oz and i am af today. Looking fwrd to an af week.:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Mimi, so glad yuo checked in & congrats to you on your 2 AF days! Stick with us now

boozer, glad you are making progress as well! Coming home drunk & stupid becomes just a bad memory - congrats to you as well

Well, I have a busy day ahead involving family, work & even some outside work since the weather is so nice
                            Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, day two for me, this morning I woke bright eyed and bushy tailed and went to do a car boot sale with my DD, we made ?125 so we were really pleased, normally I would have called at the shop and spent some of it on alcohol to 'treat' myself for my hard work but today we just came straight home and I have stashed it all to go towards my DD's 18th Birthday moneey :goodjob: I am v proud of myself
                              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm proud of you too Mauri....hang onto that feeling.:l

I've got my workout in already this morning...going to try to coerce the boy into a bike ride with his old mom...:H beautiful day around here I'm going to get outside some more.

Happy Sunday all!
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X