Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesterletts,

Hope everyone had a good evening. Last day before I leave on my trip. Doing all those last minute things.

Wakey, wakey all you peeps! Coffee's on (coke cola for SD?) Have a great day all.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

'Morning, all!
      Sea, I'm going to be in the panhandle in the Ft. Walton Beach area. Our trip will be short and I will be trying to get in as much time with my grandson as possible!
      Pr, it's too bad you have to work during the final four. Can you check in from time to time on radio or what-not? Hope so.
      Lil, good coffee this morning! Thanks.
      I'm going to be out of town about the same time as Lil and Sea as I am leaving Thursday. I will not have easy access to internet, so I don't know if I'll be able to check in as much as I'd like. I'll see how it goes.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nesters
        Did not sleep well last night. Pre-trip anxiety I guess. Have a Great time Lil and Dill. I am going to the Gulf coast for 5 days. Hopefully, I will have a home to come home to with Party Girl staying here alone. I am bringing my laptop, so hopefully, will be able to check it. Have a wonderful day all.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

In a great mood today. Very optimistic about a future bright. Everyone have a great day....off to work I go soon...without a hangover as it is day 3 AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 here and feeling great other than low-thud headache because of the pollen in FL...not a hangover so that's super. Off we go!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yogamom , you are right the pollen here is so bad , i have been sneezing non stop !! we need more rain to get rid of it!!! Have a great day!!
              :beach:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning peepers!
                Much ado about everything here... what else is new?! LOL

Happy travels to all you south-bound birdlings - be safe, be good, and come back tanned and WELL DONE!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new:hi there everyone! has anyone tried a.a. before?this feels like a "softer way".how do you do this without a.a....it sounds like white knuckling..how does it work..please help me understand:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters!!
                    Sea, Dill, Lil--Safe travels...you'll be missed...and thanks for the soda this morning...although it got warm cuz I didn't roll out of bed until about 11:00...yikes!!!! Yep...BLIZZARD!!! ARGH!!!! Welcome all newbies!!:welcome:
                    Sunni--you make me tired...you're too busy...either that or I'm just way too lazy :H
                    Well I better go get something done around here...I have a 7 year old ADHD kid (not on meds today) bouncing off the walls---literally)....I may start with finding him a nice quiet activity...like reading
                    Have a great Tuesday!!
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome all newbies!:welcome:
                      hi there everyone! has anyone tried a.a. before?this feels like a "softer way".how do you do this without a.a....it sounds like white knuckling..how does it work..please help me understand
                      Honestly, there's a lot of hard work and effort that goes into quitting. My best advice is to do a lot of reading on this website and gather lots of advice. Start a thread in the Just Starting Out section to introduce yourself and ask for support. The bottom line is you just have to want it and you just have to start. You have to try. If you try and get some days of success you will feel good and it is a reward in itself that you will want to get back to if you happen to slip. If you do slip, you have to just dust off and get back at it. And learn from it. Never give up! Keep posting. We're all here to support each other.

Also, some people here do AA as well. Some do other methods like Smart Recovery. Try everything and anything that works, that's my motto!

Hey Nesters, hope you all had great a great day! I'll check in tomorrow!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all Nesters and :welcome:to all the Newbies!

Hope everyone had a great day and achieved any goals decided on for the day! It's been a busy day for me and I am counting down to when I can go home.

To all those who are travelling in the next few days, have wonderful trips and be safe! I will miss you and I wish I were heading to Florida as well

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all
                          This birdie is getting ready to fly South. So happy that I am going to see my Dad and we are dragging his butt everywhere. My son Christopher is a great photographer and explorer and does not give us idle time. I am bringing my laptop, so I should be able to check in no prob. This birdie is going to get very little sleep. I head to the airport at 4:30am. I will be on the SIF (Sea is flying) twig tonight. Safe travels to all who are headed South. Awww....jump in my carry on CM. Too much money to check you in.lol.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Sea:l I am afraid I am a bit too big for carry-on and probably wouldn't pass security:H Have a safe, wonderful, relaxing trip!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Have a great trip Sea!!!! Ya know....they play Spring training games in Fla too.....well my little ones, I bid you a goodnight....sleep tight and embrace your efforts for this day gone by and look forward to the opportunities of tomorrow..............proud of all of you.
                              Papa R

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Papa R!

Sea~did you get any tickets to see your beloved Red Sox? I sure hope so!

Comment

Working...
                                X