Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Aww Mica, I am sorry you have snow and gray skies. Here in Oregon we have had the same all winter and so far all of the spring. We are so going to enjoy the sunshine. I will send good vibes that the sun shines for you too. I, too, hope that the snow and rain we have had will reduce the forest fires this year.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Chops...you are so good about responding to everyone!!!!! Hey there Mica!!! You guys seen "G" cat???? Got some cat nip and a few toys here...you know Papa R....spoiled rotten this one!!!
      Dill, SEA--It's wonderful to hear from you guys!! Hope you continue to enjoy yourselves in Florida!!! And Congrats Dill on the BIG 7!!!! AND 8!!!! I'm on 3!!!! Tomorrow is another story....I really think I'll be able to do it...I appreciate your words of encouragement!!!!
      Well I'm heading to bed!!!
      Good night nesters!!!! :hugs:
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Yeah SD, 'G' is at my feet going wild as I type....just got home from my 1st marathon.....#2 is in a few hours....he's pretty glad to see me. Thanks for looking in on him everyone....and please continue to spoil him....it's all he knows....goodnight cherubs.
        Pops

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings from rainy Florida! Haven't seen Sea or Lil, but I keep looking! LOL!

Have a great Sunday, all.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Mornin Dill.....looks like EVERYBODY flew South yesterday......hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Off to church, so I'll talk to ya'll later.....Papa R.....& 'G'

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Sheeesh...think I'm talking to myself in the nest today....oh well, I'll let you kids frolic....sweet dreams my little ones....don't stay out toooo late.
              PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there Papa R and G Cat!!
                Sorry...I've been out all day...had to drive and get my son from his dad today...lot on my mind...thinking about buying a house!!! Yikes!!! But I think I need to call it a night early!! Monday comes pretty fast!! Hope your weekend went ok at work!! Have a great Monday!!
                SD
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morining my peep buddies,

Everyone here is still asleep so just a quick fly by. The first day we were in FL, drove to my daughter's with the top down and hubby managaged to get the top of his head sunburned! LOL!!

I called to person who is cat sitting for me to check on my cats. He said there was an extra cat hanging around. I think it must be "G" cat keeping my cats company will PR is at work and we are gone.

The weather here has been so nice. The first time I've been warm in 9 months!

Dill, Sea-You guys have a safe trip.

SD,Chops, Sunni-You all seem to be keeping busy!

PR & "G" cat- Thanks for keeping the nest safe and cozy.

I miss all you guys! Talk to everyone when I get a little more time.

Coffee's on and SD's favorite soda is in the frigs.

Have a great day everyone.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, PR ! Thanks for the tuck in last night. I have been having a terrible time getting to the nest since in Florida. The hotel's internet keeps dropping out and what with it being vacation, I don't have much time alone because we are visiting family. Any how, I'll be back to Ohio tonight.
                    SD, this is a great time to buy a house! How exciting.

Gotta go. HB wants a turn on the computer. Have a good day!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lilmea, Dill--How wonderful to get on this morning and see your posts!!! Sounds like you both are having a good time on Florida. Spending time with family is always fun, I think...and even better if it's some place warm

Lil-Always remembering my Diet P--what a sweetheart!! That and my water with fresh lemon is what I have been drinking ALOT of lately!! On day 6 AF!!!

Dill--I'm thinking I'll be making an offer in the next couple of days....hopefully!!! It's so scary...being a single mom....thinking of everything involved...right now I rent, so someone else does all the yard work and shoveling and maintence...so it's like being marriend without all the bullsh*t:H Oh I'm really not that bitter I swear!! :H
                      Well I better get to work!!
                      Great to hear from you ladies!! Chops and I have been holding down the fort...Papa R comes areound at night with G cat as usual...you can always count on that!!!
                      SD

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil! We must have cross-posted. Great to see you. I've been looking for you here in sunny Florida. Having a great AF trip! Buy your hb a hat, for goodness sakes! LOL!
                        Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hey SD, Lilmea & Dill...good to see you guys today....and yes SD, of course me & G are here to tuck you all in.....we are consistent that way. And Lilmea, yeah, G will look after your cats here....after all, he is our mascot! Well, goodnight precious ones. Sleep tight and make tomorrow a great day.....you'll never have 4/7/09' again in your lifetime, soooo enjoy it!! PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it one day

Hi I am new to this group. Made a real ass of my self Sunday night as I drank away (or so I thought) my depression from the minute I got home from church until I blacked out around midnight. It feels good to wake up sober, but I know I am going to need lots of support.:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Back in icy cold Ohio with a sky ful of clouds. Sheeesh. OK, "I like the seasons." I'm saying that over and over in my head as a mantra. Florida sure was nice.

:welcome: DianaT, You have found a very supportive place! May I suggest that you pop over to the "Just Startin Out" section and start a thread to introduce yourself? You will meet many more folks that way, as this thread has only a slice of the pie of members. You will get lots of good advice and support. But, please return to our nest as well!

PR, did you watch North Carolina win on Monday? I thought of you during that game. Thanks for the tuck in, again. I got in fairly late last night and was afraid I might miss it! :h

SD, I can imagine it is excitiing and a bit scary to be buying a house as a single mom. I know a couple of women friends who have done so and do not regret it at all. Tell us about the house. Aren't you pleased with yourself for breaking the 4 day limit? :goodjob: "Progress, not perfection." You're doing great! You know that '4 day' thread? I decided that's a place I don't want to visit. Just the title makes me think it must be OK to drink on day 4. NOT! Well, anyway. Keep strong. Here?s a link that might be helpful. It?s from the same member that I linked you to last time. I found it in the archives, so it it over a year old, but it is timeless:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-af-17691.html

Lil, I made it. I spent my first ever vacation AF. I was with my kids and did not drink for the first time in a very long time. Nobody seemed to even notice! In fact, since I hadn't discussed any thing with them about my trying to be AF, my son bought me a daiquiri while we were on the beach one sunny evening. I had it in hand and the straw was heading for my lips. I stopped. I handed it back and said 'no thank you, see if someone else wants it. I don't want the alcohol'. He was surprised, but not shocked. He seemed to relate to my choice. I suspect drinking may be an issue for him as well.

Have a great day, birdlings!
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All! Had a fab trip and feeling great. I found I was able to control my AL intake really well while I was away, just have to work on what I'm going to do now I'm back, will start drinktracker again and take it from there. I only have time to catch up on this page - so Hi Diana T Dill and renewal.

My friend I visited cooks a lot and she's inspired me again - made a UK (Nigella) version of mac and cheese tonight - really good and EVERYONE ate it - result.

Will probably just pop in everyday or so - but feel free to PM if you need a bit of support.

Bxx
                                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X