Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Sober nesters!!!! It is so good to be here with all of you....you all just brighten my spirits and give me hope!!! I was a little worried about remaining AF for the weekend, but I believe that it is going to be ok as I now have a "plan".....now I'm looking forward to the weekend!!!! But I WILL be posting on here alot!!! Have a great sober day!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy Hoppin' Nest this morning!!! :H
      That's awesome!!!
      What did you all put in the coffee?!??! Maybe I need to switch over :H
      I'm at work....oh....I don't want to work today....I'm suppose to be seeing a student right now, but I just want to close my door and put up my sign 'in session' and do nothing!! I think this running around doing activities and bring outside FINALLY is wearing me out....how pathetic!!! I've been locked indoors for 6 months...being able to be outside for 3 days has completely sent my body into shock...I'm so tired today!!! It doesn't know how to handle the fresh air :H

Sea--I wish I could get into baseball--I do for my son....I took him into the cities to watch the Twins (last year)---it was his first baseball game...I figured if he wanted to play he should probably see a game or two. He had his first game last night...He did AMAZING!!!!!! He hit 3 for 3!!!!! My little baseball stud!!!! I'm that crazy screaming mom in the stands that slowly everyone scoots away from :H but in a good way...not that mean nasty way---I can't stand parents like that in the stands!!
      Ok I'm rambling again! I better get to work!!
      Happy Friday to all---Papa R--may your next shift be a peaceful one!!
      Sd:l
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters ~

Happy Friday to everyone. Lil, thanks for the coffee. To answer your question, I am doing well. I think my doc and I have finally figured out the combo for my anti-depressants. Exercise is helping tremendously too!

Sea ~ congrats to the Bruins! Good luck to the Celtics. I am cheering on the Blazers tomorrow night against the Rockets.

Rodeo, I am glad you have a plan for the weekend. You can do this!

Have a great day everyone. I must get to work now:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I say 'ramble on!' SD, I love hearing from you. I had to laugh at your description of yourself at the game! And thanks for your suggestion about keeping MWO and facebook separate. I was planning on that. I'm afraid my family (mostly who I want to keep up with) would scare the MWO members!!LOL

renewal: You probably don't know if you're coming or going! Sheesh! Don't worry, we'll keep Mr. G entertained for you: but I refuse to empty his litter box!

SBetty, "defriend" people on facebook? I'm glad you said that because that was one of my questions. I have one or two people on my list that I am not really wanting to keep up with or care for them to keep up with me. Good to know I can take care of that. Now if only I can figure out how!!! Don't worry, I will figure it out as I get more used to the whole thing.

Lil, you need to find a "computer person" to spend some time with you and get it figured out. Do you have anyone nearby that does facebook? I am going to find a friend that does it that can sit down with me and help me work through some of the problems I am having.

Sea, my cravings were kind of bad yesterday too. I wonder what brings that on? Some days are so much easier than others. I like your approach of taking three walks! I unfortunately have just been stuffing my face with desserts! I never used to eat ice cream at night. Last night I had chocolate ice cream topped with double chocolate sauce and a marachino cherry! I guess I can forget about losing weight with that "tool"!

rodeo, You can and will make it through the weekend, if you really want to! I must say though, I have noticed lately that sometimes the forum is "quiet" on the weekends. I can't say why. Maybe it's just the nicer weather or something. But, if it IS a quiet weekend on the forum, don't let that stop you! I recommend going to the Tell us Your Story thread, or the tool box thread or other threads and read. There's so much to learn from reading other people's posts!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

well I've made my way into the teacher's lounge to grab a snack and come right back here
            What's funny...my ex and I had a tiff the other weekend and you wnat to know what he did to "get me good"..."defriend me on facebook!!!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That showed me!!!! Boy...that got me back for divorcing him I tell you what.....lol!!!! Sorry I just HAD to write back and add that....HAD too!!

And i agree on the eating thing....what the heck???? Apparently I found my next addiction...FOOD!!!!!
            SD
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Peeps,

Looks like a pretty active day here in the nest.

Sea-Good for you on taking walks. Yes, the cravings have kicked in a bit after being quiet for a while. I do think it's the change in the seasons and "new" triggers popping up. It's suppose to be nice here at least tomorrow so I'm going to drag out my bicycle and give it a spin.

Rodeo-Having a plan is always a good idea. Dilly also gave you some good suggestions. I spent many a Sunday afternoon reading old post and the stories in the my story section. And the toolbox thread is great. Stay close this week-end.

SD-I use to be one of those "cheering" moms! It made me feel good just reading your post. I really miss those days. Enjoy them while you can!

Chops-Bruins? Celtics? Blazers? Are they all baseball teams? Am I the only nonsports bird here in the nest? :eeks: Glad to here you talked to your Doc and are getting things straightened out.

Dill-I scream-You scream-We all scream for Ice cream!! :H:H:H Sorry! couldn't help myself!

PR-"G" cat has been so good all day. Although he did say he was missin his Pappa R.

Well, birds, I'm going to grab that comfy twig over there in the corner and settle in for the night. Talk to everyone tomorrow. Night, Night.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok, here we go:
                Boston Bruins=Ice Hockey
                Boston Celtics=Basketball
                Boston Red Sox=Baseball
                That's all you need to know LOL Kidding
                Portland Trailblazers=Basketball
                Don't even get me started on the football and the rugby.lol
                Why can't I get a BF?
                Go figure.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, sports fans, it's time for me to call it a night. (lil, you are a sports fan if you sat in the bleachers and screamed your lungs out when your kids were playing sports!):H

Yes, the seasonal triggers were tough today. Sigh.

Hopping on to any old twig tonight. See you later, PR. Take it easy.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to hop in and say goodnight to all!
                    Thanks Sea for doing the break down of the sports teams! Also, great job on taking those walks!
                    Lil, I agree with Dill, you are a sports fan if you screamed your lungs out for your kids!
                    Hi Dill, hope your triggers have subsided!
                    Have a great night everyone. I am now going to venture to the Rip City Uprise (that's what we call ourselves in Portland Trailblazers land!)
                    See you later!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Phase 2 complete.....16 more hrs to begin in about 5 hrs.......just got home & G is licking my leg as I type....misses his pops. Have a wonderful night all.....me & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awww...My Grand kitty watched the Red Sox with me tonight. She is such a good sports fan. Stays right beside me through my ranting and raving. Red Sox Rock!!! Sweet dreams PR You just better be rooting for Boston vs. Montreal tomorrow night. Said in a loving way, batting eyelashes. Go Bruins and Celtics!!
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Peeps,

It's Saturday and I know everyone is sleeping in. So I'll be real quit when I make the coffee.

Poppa R & G-Glad you are almost done with that awful shift. Both for you and G's sake.

It's suppose to be really nice here so I'm hoping to get outside.

I hope everyone has a great day.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Please I need help. To get up feeling like shit, not remembering the night before, and having to have a drink to recover is NOT how I want to end my days. How do you stop the cycle?
                            C
                            ++

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chops, I need some clarification.
                              I am now going to venture to the Rip City Uprise (that's what we call ourselves in Portland Trailblazers land!)
                              Do you call yourselves the 'Rip City Uprisers' I am thinking we can nick name you 'Ripster'.
                              You know, I didn't know you live in Oregon. Are you on Pacific Time?

Sea, I'm not a big Baseball fan, but I will root for Boston tonight just for you!

Lil, Do you ever sleep? What the heck time were you up this morning! Thanks for the coffee. My hb is headed out early this morning to a gun show with a buddy. He's leaving early because the trend since the change in administration is for these gunshows to be WAY crowded. (Not a political statement, just a fact. I won't bring politics into the nest!)

Hey everone! Wakey-wakey! It's gonna be a nice day, let's get outside and soak up some vitamin D.
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cess, So sorry! We cross posted. As for help, we will be happy to offer you loads of support! And for 'how to stop', well, that takes some strength and resolve. But we have ALL been where you are right now at this moment. We have all struggled to find our way out. My suggestion is you read, read, read on this website. Post this same message that you just wrote here on your own thread in Just Starting Out. You'll get more support as more people will see your message.

To start a thread, go to the Just Starting Out section. In the top left you will see a button called NEW THREAD. Click on it and go from there.

If you really want to get control back, YOU CAN DO IT!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X