Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters ~

Lil, thanks for the coffee. Hope you make it outside today. It is supposed to be nice here as well and I am going to soak up the sunshine!

Dill, sure you can call me Ripster:H I guess we are the Rip City Uprisers! The Rip City Uprise is the nickname for the playoffs. Our team this year is so wonderful compared to the unruly and unlawful teams of the past that we are now on the uprise. Yep, I am on Pacific Time.

:welcome: to Cess! Let us know how we can help you!

Good day to everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Cess! Yes we have been there. In fact that was my usual Saturday morning ritual, wake up, pop a Corona, chug to help with the hangover from drinking it up the night before. I know that you probably feel like crap right now....all I can suggest is don't take that first drink to get you over the hangover....go back to bed and let your body recup on it's own. Then when you feel like it, get up and come post on here to let us know how you are. Eat something...it will help. Believe it or not, you can get thru this and we will be here for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's been quiet here today. I'm calling it a day, Hope you all had nice Saturdays! PR you need to get your jammies on and go straight to bed! G cat will curl up next to you and purr.

Rodeo, I hope you're first AF weekend is going OK. I've been thinking about you.

'Night!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Cess :welcome:

Rodeao-hang in there. You can do this.

Dill, Chops-Hope your having a good week end.

PR-You and "G" get some rest.

I'm a bit grouchy today so I think I'll just grab a twig in the corner and settle in for the night.

Everyone-have a good evening.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!!
            I'm not going to call it a night quite yet...I fell asleep at 6:00 and just woke up...so I'll be up awhile cleaning...I'll be quiet...I won't vacuum :H...what's with me being so tired this weekend though....I can't be pregnant, so that's not it....hahahahahaha!!!! Now THAT was funny!!!!!:H I dunno....my son is with his dad, so it's pretty quiet around here...my friends wanted me to go out...sucks, I was afraid to...I wanted to, but instead laid down and fell asleep. Oh well.

Sometimes I think I spent so long being afraid of being 'alone' or just spent that time drunk so I didn't really 'feel' alone...that this 'alone' time is good for me...and it's what I need to heal and figure out why I turned to alcohol in the first place...what was "I" hiding from...

OK....back so cleaning quietly.....c'mon 'G' cat you can come with me to get the laundry....I think I may have picked up some treats at the store for ya!!!
            SD:l
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Welcome Cess...and to the rest of you, love the way YOU all welcomed her.......you make this nest the comforting place that it is.....with a little tuck in help from your Papa....well, put in 48 hrs the last 3 days with about 7 hrs sleep in between.....got 'nothin' right now....except to say goodnight and wish you all a wonderful weekend......
              Pops and 'a happy G'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nesters!

PR, I really don't know how you do it! You get lots of rest today! As for welcoming the new-comers, well, we learned from YOU!

SD, It is a big test for you to have all this 'alone time'. It sounds like you are passing the test! I'm proud of you. It's a good idea to reflect on the 'why'. I have done so, but so far I have just come up with a once good habit (a glass of wine while preparing dinner, or relaxing in the late afternoon) progressing to a deadly habit. Plus, in my college years, when I drank, which wasn't often, I always drank too much. Went into the evening planning, to, as did most of my cohorts. But that's all I came up with. I just let a habit run amok, as far as I can tell.

Lil, You and I both needed the GIT (grouchy, irritable twig) last night. I swear I would have bit someone's head off yesterday if they would have gotten too close. What helped me was: 1) going outside and ripping dandelions out of my herb patch -gotta make room for the dill!, and 2) going to Mass in the afternoon which helped me switch my focus. Then, dinner and MWO and knitting my way through a movie.

Rodeo, I am still thinking of you and your epic first weekend! I'm glad you are with us!

Cess, How're ya doing?

Ripster (aka Chops), I've seen you popping up all over the boards this weekend! Glad to see you hanging close, and tough!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morining Nesters,

I hope everyone slept well last night.

SD-I was really tired my first month AF. I think that's just part of it. Cutting out all that sugar we get with AL could be part of it. I started taking a multi vit. and a B complex. It seemed to help.

Pappa R-Thanks for the tuck in. Now you get some much needed rest. We'll all walk softly in the nest today so you can sleep.

Ok everyone coffee's on so wakey, wakey. Wishing you all a good Sunday.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dilly-Good morning!!! cross post.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Papa R for the tuck in...rest up!!
                      Good morning Dill and Lil!! Well I cleaned for a bit last night but then hopped around on MWO for awhile. Do you ever go into the chat room??? That was interesting last night. I didn't say much at all just 'listened'. Other then that...laid in my bed and popped in a Will and Grace DVD and watched it until I fell back asleep. I love that show!!!

I have to admit I was feeling a bit grouchy myself yesterday...maybe grouchy isn't the right word...down??? I keep hearing from my family "how different" or "how much you've changed" or things like that....quite frequently now...and at first it was nice but now it's like--gosh...was I really THAT bad of a person before--or THAT hard to be around?? It's just got me feeling pretty upset I guess....don't know if it's something I should talk to them about or just move past....focus on the 'me' now. Sorry to ramble...just wondering if anyone has had this experience or has any words of wisdom or advice.
                      Back to cleaning....well more like...start cleaning...I also like to procrastinate!!
                      SD:l
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Cee if I didn't welcome you before...I apologize!!! You'll love the nest!!!
                        SD

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, does your family know you are going AF? If so, mabe they are just trying to be supportive. If not, I wouldn't worry about it. I would just focus on the 'me' for now. Either way, don't let it get you down. Just M2Cs.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, I agree with Lil. I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably just their way of giving support. And, I hardly know you, myself, but judging from the way your posts sound now compared to the way they sounded when I first 'met you', you really have become much happier. It's not that you were so much 'bad' a person, or 'hard to be around', just that you are happier and that makes them happy for you. I know we're happy for you! Probably there are other factors at work here, too. Besides the AF time, you also seem to have come to grips with things regarding your ex.

I haven't got any similar experiences to report. I've actually been so grumpy lately I wouldn't have any such positive feedback!:H
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much Lil and Dill :l :l
                              I can't tell you how much your responses mean to me!!! Truly!!!! I just picked up my son from his dad's and am on my way up to my parents for dinner...thought I'd quick stop by the house and jump on the computer....SOOOOOOO glad I did!!!!! Thank you sooooooo much!!!!! Man this process is hard!!! And emotional!!!! I'm happy and proud of myself on one hand and then I find myself angry and resentful or whatever on the other for what I don't know???? Or what I love...the ol...but my ex is such an ass....and HE has a girlfriend and I'M alone????? pity-party....that's a fun one :H Even WITH my drinking issues I'm a 10 compared to him...hahaha!!!! Ok....off to moms....love ya ladies!!!! Thanks a million!!!! :hug:
                              SD

6/18/11--7/3/12
                              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Time to find the right twig for the night....I think I'll go with the NMT (Nice Mellow Twig). I've been on edge all weekend and am finally feeling the peace again.

SD, I forgot to answer your chat room question: I went on chat room once. Sad to say, I was drinking at the time! But, I haven't gone back. I get a little overwhelmed by the real time contact, especially if there are a lot there. I think Lil has done chat room sometimes.

PR, do you have some time off now? Will you be spending some quality time with G? Got any plans for your days off? What's going on in Arizona?

Sweet dreams everyone.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X