Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking is not an option

Hiiiii Betty!!!

Updatded list is ... drum roll, please.....

Sunshine
    Ltg
    On2many
    lilmea
    Sweaty Betty
    AngelCakes
    Skinny Cow
    Evie.Lou
    AprilMoon
    Upnorthgirl

I don't want to pour that wine out... it's a really rare wine that loverboy was given; I knew he had opened it a few days ago but didn't realize it was still sitting there. See, how OTHER people do that? Open a bottle and days later there's still something left in that bottle? LOL
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thanks for the list, I'll have to write it down. I admire you for being able to resist! My DH and youngest son are off playing Sunday morning soccer and I promised pancakes when they got back so I'd better stop watching the cockatoos and get into the kitchen. Congratulations on the fridge clean! B.
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Sunshine---

What's up with your ass? :bum: Too much riding?
        Good day today, how about you?

BTW--used to teach a smoking cessation class.
        In the USA..Every ciggie is allowed 10% of "inert matter." meaning NOT tobacco. Studies show that the 10% is usually cockroaches, rat shit, rat bodies, and twine....from the tobacco leaves being stored on pallets in warehouses...eeewww. Care for a ciggie now?

You are doing great! Just thought I would remind you what you are missing! :H:H:H:H:H
        ME

Comment

:yuk:

Thanks dear! LOL

My butt? Well, I sailed down the damn front steps AGAIN (2nd time this winter), this time WHILE clearing them... and landed ... well on my tender tush.

Yep, good day today. A few thoughts about smoking (even rat shit) and a few glances at that bottle.. but nothing too disturbing

Comment

Sunshine-Sending you a big ole soooft pillow to use on your ride tomorrow.

Upnoth-Glad to hear you had a good day. How far upnorth are you anyway?

Betty-LOL. after your first experience a horse I guess it's sort of lost it's charm for you. yes?

Hope everyone has a good night.
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

well i feel the fool cause i already blew it which you will all see from the odat thread. I didn't drink alone, which is good and i didn't drink on my emotions, also good, and i dindn't totally binge, but i still drank, and i don't feel great about it....

but, i am still picking myself up damn it!!!. hope to do seven days, or even one, or two or three......oh i really hate all this. it does indeed suck. i do however feel better about my increasing levels of sobriety. these days i feel i am finally accepting the fact i have to battle al. and that is just a fact jack.

hope you guys are ok.
              no time like the present

Comment

Hey Sunshine and everyone please please may I join in? Think am in the age bracket guess what will be 58 tomorrow anyone beat that? Love the first of February, it is my new year out of hibernation time to springclean me and my sorroundings. Going for a long walk now looking forward to it. Very motivating thread, just done month of Jan AF beginning to wonder what I should do mod or abstain. I feel great now no dying at weekends between the alcohol i am a week end binge drinker. I dont get much time to check in with u all during the week but u are in my hearts.
                Luv x

Comment

Sunshine......Happy Happy Sunday Morning to you and the other members...

You can do this.....we can do this together....
                  RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Morning ALL, Guests seem very hungover this morning. Gonna ask Hubby to check their room for 1/2 empty bottles before i go to start to make them up...It is an on going issue of open bottles left behind and i am just not feeling strong enough to play with FIRE today.
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evie-It must be hard being around alot of hungover people. But then look how much better you feel than they do. They will be feeling sick all day and you can actually enjoy yourself. Good idea about sending hubby in for alittle reconisense (sp) work. Right now I just can't have AL in the house at all. I doubt that I ever will. That's ok. My house-my rules! Stay strong we all are here for you.

Sunshine-I'm sending you this handy dandy little "bad thoughts" zapper. Okay maybe it does look alittle bit like a remote control. Take this little gizmo (even works in sub zero weather like when your horseback riding) and when those "bad thoughts" come just point and zap. But seriously it does sound like maybe you have turned a corner in your thinking. Being more firm in your resolve.

To the AINAOers to follow hopeing you have a good day and meet your goals.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Day One today for me. Is it ok if I join? I can never, never, never, go on another bender like I did. I let my circumstances overwhelm me. I started on Tuesday night and kept drinking until yesterday afternoon. I feel disgusting. I need all the help that I can get. Drinking Alcohol is definitely not an option for me. Please accept me into the sisterhood of the cross-eyed butts.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Good morning, goddesses of the sisterhood of the cross eyed butt cheeks!!!
                          (Heavens, say that 10x fast)

IrishEyes.... Welcome! Absolutely can you join! I'll add you to the list on page 3!
                          Skinny... *ahem* Let's see if I can explain this properly... DRINKING IS NOT AN OPTION!
                          Got it? Good. Now hop back up on that wagon

April.. you bet we can! Thank you for being so determined and positive!

Evie... That would have never even occurred to me... good thinking. For some reason, I thought that you were way beyond 'real' temptation... :l didn't realize you were still battling as well.

I said it in the Nest... yes, thoughts have been creeping in the last few days. I have re-read my last episode 2 weeks ago a couple of times - just to remind me of what happens if I act on such thoughts. I am hell bent on making it through this week. Drinking is not an option. So there.

I'm so glad you're all in this with me this week! Thank you thank you thank you!

:l

Comment

Oh hell, just crown me the queen of cross posts! LOL

YES Sea! Hop on in here... we love to have ya! :l Now, please repeat after me... Drinking is NOT an option!

Lilmea!! I love it!!! Thank you! Hmmm... does it work on other peeps, too? Like on 'Men in Black'??? Wouldn't that be fun?! :H

Ok, I need to amend our membership list...

Btw... I know I goof around a lot on here... but I am dead serious. I have made a COMMITMENT to you all that I will not drink this week. Rain or shine, Hell or Glory... Drinking is not an option.

Comment

DRINKING IS NOT AN OPTION!!!
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Evening All!

Can't believe I did Saturday and Sunday AF!! Went out for a family meal tonight and honestly didn't miss AL. I let DH have a couple of pints and drove home - is unheard of!

Haven't discussed my drinking issues in detail with my Teens, but they do know that I have a new charm bracelet, and when I meet a goal I've set myself re Alcohol I get a new charm - so the next one will be Saturday, after my seven days.

We have a social event on Friday, but after some well aimed (they hurt) remarks from a friend I'll be abstaining rather than modding. I know I can have just as much fun AF.

Lilmea - no I've never been on a horse again, and not much opportunity here in Sinvegas.

Skinny Cow - start again, ITS OK!

I'm off to put my ZERO in drinktracker, happy rest of the day/night to all the DINAO folks.

Bx
                                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X