My family pretends I don't have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi Mrs,S. W. you picked a great site,my family new i had a problem,i new i had a problem,you have to fix it,percentage wise most of society doesnt no much about alcoholism,famous last words,how can you have a problem,you have everything,and there rt we do,but we dont have the strength to battle AL.even in sobriety,its a battle,but over time and perseverance,you can find a new way,keep coming here,we will show you a alternative ways,it is up to you to choose th eright path gyco

Comment

Mrs. S -- yes that makes sense. I was so afraid to admit to anyone that my drinking is a problem because that would make it very difficult to drink in front of them. Although I have strung together 8 months sober, I still do not like to tell the whole truth -- that I am an alcoholic. Can't even tell my brother who has quit drinking. Just some barrier about it. Don't really understand except that maybe it is hard to blurt out what I have been hiding for so many years. But, I am sure some people around me already know -- how could they not? l
      Matt

Comment

You guys are awesome

I think today is my epiphany day. I am hopeful. I hope I can gather the courage to tell my family that I have a problem. I can't even type the A word, much less say it even though I know that's what I am. Thank you Matt, Gyco, Waiting, Brightlite, April, Jessie, GG, UpNorth, Astraia, CycleFan, Dove, Within and FloridaBoy for being here for me even though you each have needs yourself and I feel so selfish just talking about me, me, me. I promise I'll be a better poster in the future when today my day to feel sorry for myself is over.
        Thanks again,
        Mrs. Swino
        Mrs. Swino
        AF since 2/9/2009!!
        Working toward 90 day goal!
        Then I don't know..
        and then I'll hate wine...Ya, that's the ticket...

Comment

You are so wise to listen to your little voice... You know that you have a problem with alcohol and congratulations to you for getting the help you need... Welcome and all the best.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

MrsSwino;543664 wrote: I forgot to mention that I didn't discuss this at all with my husband or daughter. I just didn't drink any wine last night and they didn't seem to notice... I was chicken to mention it to them and then change my mind and drink later, its like if I talk to them I admit that something must be done and then I would be obligated to do something and I couldn't change my mind and be able to drink without them saying something about it. It's like I want their help and support but I don't want to convince them that I have a problem because then it would be more true and undeniable. Does that make any sense at all to anybody!!!! :upset:

Thanks again,

Mrs. Swino
            perfect sense to us! we all have felt this and we understand what you are going through!
            you will feel a bit weepy and you will miss wine (it's almost like losing a lover), and you will have very hard days, moments, seconds...but you can overcome those thoughts, you can choose to not drink and you can do this...there are alot of people here who do it everyday WITH you!
            so settle in, buckle up ,and join the journey to feeling good!

try reading the "what i hate loathe despise about drinking" thread in the monthly abstainer's forum...it's a nice reminder as to why you want to stop drinking.

peace!!!

Comment

ps:
              do you have any supplements to help with cravings? i use l-glutamine (you can find it at any health food store) and kudzu (i bought here)...they really helped me in the beginning and i have continued to take them if i feel anxious or get a craving now.

Comment

That's ok Mrs. S., my family pretends that they don't know me ! IAD. Hope you get what you need from MWO......good stuff' here.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

MrsSwino;543708 wrote: I think today is my epiphany day. I am hopeful. I hope I can gather the courage to tell my family that I have a problem. I can't even type the A word, much less say it even though I know that's what I am. Thank you Matt, Gyco, Waiting, Brightlite, April, Jessie, GG, UpNorth, Astraia, CycleFan, Dove, Within and FloridaBoy for being here for me even though you each have needs yourself and I feel so selfish just talking about me, me, me. I promise I'll be a better poster in the future when today my day to feel sorry for myself is over.
                  Thanks again,
                  Mrs. Swino
                  We all had our "me" days, and we all NEED our me days at first. Take your me days, hold our hands and when you get through the rough patch you will have a hand to extend to others. But take care of yourself, first.
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

yo mrs, w i forgot to add dont mean your alchoholic,some are some arent,only you can decide,plus sometimes its best to sit with your other half 1st and sometimes its good to get a 3rd party not family i wish you well gyco

Comment

Withdrawal symptoms

If you go to the doctor and ask for help with medications for withdrawal symptoms or cravings will it go on a record that you were treated for alcohol abuse and might that cause problems with future insurability and things like that? If a person (me) drinks 1.5 liters of wine a day for 5 years what would the probability be that I would have withdrawal symptoms that are dangerous enough to require medication? I didn't drink any last night and I feel fine right now. Should I be concerned? Some of these questions sound so stupid :new: please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks again for all of your great posts,

Mrs. S
                      Mrs. Swino
                      AF since 2/9/2009!!
                      Then I don't know..

Comment

S......try the herbal stufff here at MWO first.....see if that works. It's working for lots here. No Doc's involved ! IAD.
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks IAD

I've read some of your posts today and you are very funny. Thanks for the advice.

Mrs. S
                          Mrs. Swino
                          AF since 2/9/2009!!
                          Then I don't know..

Comment

You r story is so mine. I even ordered the book and my husband opened it. I came home to it laying on the table. My heart sank and when I said something to him he said oh I thought maybe you just wanted to read about it,etc . He did not want to address it. My kids have never said a thing. The care pooling is arranged around when my husband is home so I won't be driving. I also want it to change. I keep visiting here and I hope I will put it all together. SOON

Comment

and yes i no in canada it does get written down,but then theres the confidentiaity act,nothing can be released without your approval,or a paper with your signature,can it be used against you,i would have to say yes

Comment

employers have the rt to no whats happened in your past going into a new job,we have a gentlemen tht works with us that had his back fused on another job,they had th rt to not hire him

Comment

Working...
                                X