nearly blew it today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nearly blew it today

soooo wanted a drink today and nearly blew it. had a busy odd old day doing stuff, and on my way home i soooo wanted a drink. when i got home my partner had had a funny old day, bit of crap for him but nothing worth mentioning. he suggested we go out for nice meal as both feeling a bit odd. so that was plan. i was still soooo wanting a drink. i came on here and while here i said.. oh sod it lets open a bottle of wine (still loads in house). he very supportingly tried talk me out of it (like i can get talked out if i am that way out). anyway to cut a long waffle short i decided that no way could i go out for a meal, i would definately have had a drink or 20. so were staying in and getting a take out indian meal. this is just a ramble but it was sooooo nearly a hiccup moment that i had to post it. still early evening but i think the moment has passed... phew !!! im sure there will be many more of these moments yet to come. im starting to print stuff off this site to refer to when i have a wobble.... i will need to carry a suitcase around with me. love you all for being here.... :thanks:
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

nearly blew it today

(still loads in house).

Puddleduck good job on not giving in to this craving as they all pass,but do you have to have alcohol in your house,it would help if it wasn't so accessible,:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

nearly blew it today

Glad you stayed strong and AF! I have not had one of those moments yet, know they are coming and it scares me!

Comment

nearly blew it today

Good for you Spud!
        Just keep ignoring those urges, they go away.
        Be happy, be proud of your choice to not give in.........

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

nearly blew it today

mario;820446 wrote: (still loads in house).

Puddleduck good job on not giving in to this craving as they all pass,but do you have to have alcohol in your house,it would help if it wasn't so accessible,:-)
          loads of wine in. we had a trip to france and got bucket loads in. my partner has locked most of it away in the cellar (he knows me so well), ive actually broken in, in the past to get it. also there is a booze shop very close. and believe me if i really want a drink ill go through hell and high water to get it. i had a my leg in plaster a couple of years ago, booze all locked away. somehow i managed to climb over a wall, scramble through a hedge and go see a mate who i know would have the booze flowing. NOT GOOD. anyway ive challanged AL on this blip and im gonna enjoy my food. just got to be wary of the demon creeping up behind me. :undercover:

Comment

nearly blew it today

Well done Spud, every time you beat one of those cravings it makes the next one somehow easier cos you were successful the last time if you know what I mean, enjoy the Indian I just had yummy chinese, chicken in satay sauce ( they forgot the noodles tho!) Happy evening all
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

nearly blew it today

My sister-in-law got two black eyes once cos the attic door fell down on her when she was trying to get to the booze her hubby hid and everyone (except me ) in the family thinks the story hilarious and tell it over and over again, I just cringe when they laugh, it could have been me
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

nearly blew it today

Good jobs Spuds............
                I don't know if I would have had your strength....the image of you in a cast climbing a wall cracks me up!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

nearly blew it today

still amazed about my 'plaster cast' adventure. i was only just walking on crutches. hey the power of the demon beast. tonight the craving/ urge whatever did passed. had a yummy meal. (im stuffed). i feel really tired now. i had a good hour and half totally engulfed in the desire to drink. really really strong (for no particular reason). think i used a lot of emotional energy in not having a drink. at least i should get a good nights sleep.
                  spud 1 - AL 0 wehey:boxer:

Comment

nearly blew it today

when the beast bites my ass next I am going to hold this image in my head and know it's not just not me...thanks for the inspiration and BRAVO my friend!!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

nearly blew it today

Good going Spud - not sure I would have been able to do it if I'd had it in the house!

Comment

nearly blew it today

Hi Spuddle good one you beat the beast!! i know that strong urge its horrible and it does really exhaust you. Reading about your pastered leg episode i can tell you i have many of those sorts of happenings too - its amazing the lengths you would go to get a drink - nasty. When i get a strong urge i just think to myself if theres no change theres no change - i think someone on MWO has that as their signature and it just stuck with me. Something as simple as that works for me.
                        Well done keep fighting those urges until you kill it for good.
                        Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

nearly blew it today

Mrs Spuds,
                          Well done for coming here 1st before reaching for a crowbar or battering ram to get into the cellar. I lived like a virtual hermit for my first 30 days. Prior to that I would have walked over broken glass and hot coals to grab myself a drink.
                          My trouble now is that I am comfortable around drinks but not around drunks.
                          J x
                          :l

ps are there any leftovers
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

nearly blew it today

sorry jc, having my yummy leftovers today. funny about being around drunks. ive always hated it, even at the height of my drinking, when i was sober i hated it. i dont think ive mentioned before, my ex and i ran a pub for 2 years, disaster for me, well both of us, like 2 kids in a candy store (it wasnt my idea and it definately spelt the end for the relationship). i so hated it, people came in drunk at all times of the day (oh that was a surprise, anyone would think we were serving alcohol). they insisted on talking bollocks to the person behind the bar argh!! and you guessed it i had a drink to cope with them ... ok i know it was just an excuse. but anyway i liked drunks when i was drunk ... but that was then and this is SOBER NOW. SO GLAD I DIDNT GIVE IN YESTERDAY :yay:

Comment

nearly blew it today

Good job Spuds, it is hard to battle those urges for sure sometimes. High five!
                              Hill
                              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X