my thoughts when i THINK i want a drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i made this list after my last drinking day,i keep it in my purse and look at it time to time and its all fresh in my mind how i felt at the time it deters me from even wanting a sip.dizziness,pounding in head,bloat,dehydration,nausea,throwing up fizzy beer violently,cottonmouth,heaviness in head,the shakes,surreal feeling,dry sinuses/throat,nite sweats,beer shits,waking up to pee/poop 4 times a nite,white tongue,dryskin,racing heart,missed time,liver pain,fatigue,weird eyesite,acid reflux these are just some of the physical reasons,forget the fact i cant get high anymore i can get drunk but not that happy high i used to get,i hate the constant buzz chasing i cant reach anymore,i know its a long post but i put it here because i change bags all the time and i dont want to lose my list,now its somewhere set in stone(kinda)
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

:goodjob:Pauly! Sounds like you are doing very well with staying AF!! I think you are almost at 30 days?
    "One day at a time."

Comment

almost tdn,but im trying not to think about it too much,i dont want to jinx myself
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ummmm.....I think that every time I feel like I want to drink I am going to revisit this post. A well written graphically described series of consequences from drinking. My body actually ached when I read this! Bravo paulywogg!
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Wow, I forgot about how thirsty I would be when I'd wake up at 3am! Good list.

Comment

hi Pauly
            Great list!
            I too got to the point where I was constantly chasing the buzz that wasn't there anymore. It became not worth it.
            AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Thanks Pauly, I really needed to read that today, especially the bit about chasing a buzz we'll never reach - thank you.

Comment

Hi Pauly! Great post!! Keep it up girl. Your doing awesome.
                Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Excellent post! We need the constant reminders of why we shouldn't!

Comment

inkele:inkele:inkele::applaud::applaud:And now you're sober and together we are healing!!!
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hi Pauly,

When I quit I did a very similar thing, but instead of just writing the things down, I tried to imagine going through those feelings. Basically I was able to imagine enough bad stuff anytime I thought about drinking that it would make me feel ill and I occassionally got a gag response like I was going to throw up. I kept this going for the first few months of my sobriety and I quit feeling any positive feelings when drinking thoughts came to mind...to the point that drinking thoughts quit coming to mind.

Great post and great job!!

Comment

Pauly..... Isn't it awesome when we find THAT thing that works for us. I am so glad you have found yours.....I hated seeing you struggle so, it makes me smile to see you now.

Yours will be the 30 days I will enjoy (almost) as much as I enjoyed my own

Comment

Pauly: great idea!!!!
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Supercrew;1453819 wrote: Hi Pauly,

When I quit I did a very similar thing, but instead of just writing the things down, I tried to imagine going through those feelings. Basically I was able to imagine enough bad stuff anytime I thought about drinking that it would make me feel ill and I occassionally got a gag response like I was going to throw up. I kept this going for the first few months of my sobriety and I quit feeling any positive feelings when drinking thoughts came to mind...to the point that drinking thoughts quit coming to mind.

Great post and great job!!
                            Me to Coach Crew. I literally can get chills up & down my spine if I want. I'm a very visual person.... Even certain smells that remind me of alcohol can make me want to upchuck now.

Pauly,

Your list is a great aversion tool... Your playing the tape all the way thru to the end hun... Your a success woman!!!.... You have, you can & you will live without Ethanol ~ Poison!!!....

Plus your helping others here!... Fantastic.... No jinxing allowed. It's just another day hun... We are now non-drinkers..... :l

Comment

The friend that came to stay with me while I went thru with-drawls said he video recorded me falling down sick from alcohol so if I ever wanted to drink again he would show me what to expect. It seemed like a good idea but he still drinks and is quite a joker. :H :H I hope he doesn't use that video to embarrass me ...unless I ever do drink. Then I'll be glad to have that to look back at. I believe I'll never drink again. Not NOW. Not EVER!!
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                              X