Time to be done with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Tavistock - Glad to see you made it thru the night. Sounds like you have plans to occupy your time and mind. I wish you well and hope that you can find the strength to weed out the unhealthy things and people in your life. It can only get better! Might have a few bumps and bruises on the way but things will get better!

Comment

Tavis welcome, stay online stay in the conversation.. You are not giving up alcohol you are gaining freedom.
      What you resist persits

Comment

Got home last night planning to make a spinach quiche and there he was with a big bottle of wine waiting for me. I told him not to buy me any wine.

But I made the decision to drink it, I feel so ashamed of myself. I have poured the rest of it down the sink this morning and am back on day 1.

He's so cheap that I told him if he buys anymore I will just pour the entire thing down the drain, I hope his cheapness remembers that. I don't need temptation in the beginning days.

feeling disappointed to wake up with a hangover after I felt so good yesterday. I'm back at it and will get this done if it takes me a million tries.

Comment

So he brought you wine even though you asked him not to? That should tell you how much respect he has for you. Sorry to be so harsh, but really. I know he didn't MAKE you drink it, but he certainly didn't help. You need to focus on YOU, and you deserve someone that supports you, not sabotages you. Pick yourself up and start over. Good job on dumping the rest of the wine, now consider doing the same to him...

Stay close!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I hear you K9, and believe me i'd like nothing better than to kick him out. I am working on getting another job so I can better support myself independently. I have two possibilities right now with also a promotion were I am currently working so I'm hoping that one of them will work out.

Day 2 again! Have made a plan that will keep me busy and mostly homebound for the weekend. My daughter is coming home from college so I'm looking forward to catching up with her. Sunday we are going shopping and getting some lunch before I drive her back. Saturday I will probably be doing laundry all day as she has saved up her laundry for over a month now at college.

I'll check back here tonight.. please don't give up on me. I really appreciate the support and I want this so badly!!

Comment

We will never give up on you, Tavi!!

He deserves to be dumped, but you already know that. With that said, I also know it's not always that easy to get out. It took me years to finally break free from my abusive, alcoholic ex-husband. I was financially dependent on him and he used it to his advantage. So, I had to make a plan. It sounds like you have done that. Once I got a better job and was no longer completely dependent on him financially, I started stashing money. Like you, my ex always enticed me to continue drinking. He never poured it down my throat. His approach was much more subtle than that - like bringing home wine after I told him I was trying to quit drinking. Just another form of control and abuse, if you think about it. Then he would use my drinking against me (even though he was an even worse drunk) during one of his tirades. It's exhausting, isn't it? But you are on to him. Reaching out to people in your life may help also. I took a couple people into my confidence during that time and told them my plan. Their support kept me going. So stay strong. Work your plan. You can get out. You can have better life. I promise. xx
              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
              X