What to do instead of drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gambler;1557360 wrote: Yea.... and it feels pretty fuckin good too !!

They say "laughter is the best medicine."

You should go check out my post in the nest ( very resent ) I proof read it and was just in tears. I cant believe how much I made myself laugh at myself .. go check it out real quick

Dave
    Hi
    I did check out your post in the nest and laughed at that too, it really is good to be laughing so much, this is what life should be all about.
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Oh yeaaa (Sticks out tongue) .. Well after my house is 5 star rated clean ( probably by 9am ) Im gonna get into Crochet and knitting oh oh.. and Im already picking out a Primo spot right there on the mantle for my new Chia Pet farm. I might even get into Facebook .... .. uhh.. now that might be pushing the envelope a wee too much there cowboy..

Dave
      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

I have worked through the night, will get half an hours sleep if that, will make up for that tonight so it won't be a problem. I have really laughed out loud so much at this thread.

You two should start your own cleaning company, you'd be rich in no time!!
        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Darkest Diamond;1557376 wrote: Hi
          I did check out your post in the nest and laughed at that too, it really is good to be laughing so much, this is what life should be all about.
          Yes .. on a serious note .. you are absolutely right.

I swear to god.. I have not laughed this hard in YEARS I

What a Positive thread happening here.

Bummer I have to go though. . I do feel sleepy and I have not been able to sleep until 5-7 am .. getting a 7 hour head start is desperately what I Need right now .. Need.

Good night all and I will check in this thread first thing in the morning

Peace out .. Dave ..

PS. my cool chia pet farm will be accompanied by small dainty turtle figurines .. Porcelain turtle figurines.. so there !
          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

5.24am
            Hardly worth going to bed now.
            Broken Halo I bet you never predicted how this thread would turn out!! It is lovely really just goes to show how unpredictable life can be (sometimes in the good sense!)

Comment

:H:H I went to bed shortly after posting this. You guys are too funny :h
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

broken halo;1557387 wrote: :H:H I went to bed shortly after posting this. You guys are too funny

I love this thread .. I know I was going to bed..but couldnt stop thinking about this thread :H

Something DD said about going into our own cleaning biz .. It just came to me a good name and tag line .. what do you guys think.

6day Cleaners
                .. " You give us 6 days and we'll clean your house in six minutes ". ... I mean were gonna haft to have a Strict Policy and a Strict Hiring process for our Drun.. um I mean labor force !! :H

Adios amigos see ya in the morn

Dave

Comment

You all are funny! C-Dev and Gam, you're going to make good wives someday!

Actually now at day 42, the constant thoughts of al are subsiding, somewhat. But it's such a tricky beast, I just know it will sneak up on me when I least suspect it, so I'm trying to stay on guard. The first 21 days or so, al was on my mind constantly. Kinda like a diet. When you can't have something, what do you do - you think about it 24/7.

So, let's see, what have I been doing instead of drinking or thining about drinking?
                  1. Taking dogs for a hike - they are always game and it's good for both of us!
                  2. Then giving dogs a bath. Good for them.
                  3. Pestering someone to play tennis and if to no avail, working out
                  4. Cleaning or organizing something in the house, garage, barn, basement....
                  5. There's ALWAYS laundry
                  6. Cooking something/ discovering new recipes and/or eating something
                  7. Reading and Posting on MWO (usually at night though)
                  8. Catching up on email/news/bills/reading
                  9. Sleeping zzz

BTW - I've been trying to post and keep getting kicked off the site. Probably something on my end, but I usually have to copy my post and paste it after logging back on several times. Anyone else experience this? It's probably in my connection because i'm out in the boonies.

Comment

Sanchez, same happens to me, always copy and then log on again to paste and post. It is not your connection.
                    What you resist persits

Comment

Working...
                    X