2 weeks today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks today

Kradle - that sounds like an amazing gift...to have that happen to you! I hope that you can hold on tight to that. And how nice to live so close to the water. I love the ocean...there is something very soothing about it. I'm going to Kauai in November and I've been there over a dozen times. I am hoping that this magical place will hold even more amazement for me, sober! It's a beautiful place, and I know I'll enjoy it that much more not grappling with a hangover! Hugs to you and thanks!!!

Comment

2 weeks today

Very well done on 2 weeks, Sake! I've really enjoyed reading your posts and am so happy to hear your positive words, reflecting your state of mind. I can relate to so much of what you described during your drinking years -- and now I'm also able to see how life on the other side can be. I'd so much rather relate to you now!! Keep up the hard work-- your honest and open posts have touched many..

Comment

2 weeks today

Lifechange - Thank you so much!! The support and feedback from everyone on this forum has really helped me. Yes - relating while not drunk..is much better (and you remember most of it!).
        Thanks!!

Comment

2 weeks today

Yeah Amazing great job!!!

Comment

2 weeks today

Thanks Sparkles!!

Comment

2 weeks today

Well done you - awesome achievement!
              Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

2 weeks today

well done Sake, fantastic that you have reached 2 weeks and are feeling so positive. Kradle, I don't live near the ocean bot was close to it a couple of weeks back. I got up early and went running on the path that ran alongside the seafront. It was exhilarating, uplifting and I also felt that sense of peace. It's good to take a step back from our busy lives and just be happy to be alive and be free sometimes.

well done again Sake, you really are living!
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

2 weeks today

Well done Sake on your two week milestone. Seems to be quite the turning point doesn't it? You sound positive and strong and in control. That last one is the key! We ARE in control now as we reclaim our personalities and our lives. We really do start living again!:goodjob:

Comment

2 weeks today

Sake it's so good to hear you being so positive. I enjoy my sober life so much more then my drunk life. No shame, remorse, or embarrassment. Well not much. Ha ha. I'm still the same person inclined to do stupid things. But at least I remember them.
                    Kradle I agree with you about the healing properties of the ocean. I was at the beach last weekend. I hate leaving and can't wait until we go hack the end of next month. We found the best place to stay and my doggie is learning to body surf. She loves it!.
                    Anyway Sake so glad you are here with us.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

2 weeks today

Hey Sake Just gonna leave this here .. :goodjob: !!

Oh.. and a big heartfelt :thanks: for the thread. It really did move me..and thats not off to the side of the road either.

Dave
                      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

2 weeks today

Softy, Gambler, Broken Halo, Sanchez, Little Beagle - Sounds like some sort of bizarre rock band or something. Anyway - Thank you all SO much for your cheers and support. I am feeling so happy to be here!!

Comment

2 weeks today

Sake123;1558534 wrote: Softy, Gambler, Broken Halo, Sanchez, Little Beagle - Sounds like some sort of bizarre rock band or something. Anyway - Thank you all SO much for your cheers and support. I am feeling so happy to be here!!
                          LOL !! Man .. common dude !..do know how much it hurts to have V-8 in your nostrills :H

Aye cool friggin place we have here. Its my new "habit"
                          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Working...
                          X