No announcement yet.

Fresh Start!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Daisy, I would have had about nine months, but I blew it and abused alcohol and prescription medications last month and ended up back in detox. What is amazing though is that had I not had this relapse, I probably would have never done a ninth step (amends) with my ex wife (she came to see me at the psych hospital where I detoxed) and we would probably still be at odds. Although I was upset at myself for blowing it (I sobered up after inpatient rehab last year), something truly remarkable came of it. Best of luck to you.
    First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Strangely enough aihfl, the night I relapsed was to do with my ex-husband. I am single 18 years now and he can still get to me! I will have to work on this.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi, Daisy--

Checking in and saying hi. Hope all is well.

xo
        Pav

Comment

Thanks Pav....been trying to string those first few days together. Got some support so a bit more hopeful.

Comment

Hi Daisy, I'm new here too (on my day 1) and I joined it in 2010 as well. I've struggled like crazy and done the yo-yo thing for years. Reading this board is making me feel better and more hopeful about my chances at sobriety.

Comment

Hi Price. Those first few days are tough. It's easy to keep putting off day 1. Then, getting through that first week.
              Once you get through one day, then 2, you begin to gather some confidence. You need to rely on what you hear from other people on this site....that it does get better, and it is worth it.
              Gradually this will become your own reality and you will begin to notice little things, changes.....for the better. It can be as simple as hearing your own laughter and realising you haven't laughed so hard or genuinely for a long time.
              There isn't a day after drinking that I can remember feeling good about.....yet here I am 5 years later and still trying to get and stay sober.....but I will, and so will you!

Comment

Working...
              X