My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

Well tomorrow is the 1/12/13 and a time that i have set aside to become AF. I have had a tough month or so and I realise that i am now back in the pit of AL. I dont want the withdrawals again but i dont want the anxiety and the hangovers and the feeling like shit that AL entails. I have set myself some goals and a to do list, one that has been long in working out. I have spoken to my children and told them I am not drinking so things are set in place. I need to be accountable and I will be.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

My Story

available;1592387 wrote: Well tomorrow is the 1/12/13 and a time that i have set aside to become AF. I have had a tough month or so and I realise that i am now back in the pit of AL. I dont want the withdrawals again but i dont want the anxiety and the hangovers and the feeling like shit that AL entails. I have set myself some goals and a to do list, one that has been long in working out. I have spoken to my children and told them I am not drinking so things are set in place. I need to be accountable and I will be.
      G'day AV,

And we are walking right alongside you, with you. Go for it!

Don't forget yer https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

G bloke. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My Story

Thanks Mr G I appreciate the support and there comes a time where we are tired and weary of the battle. So much easier to give in but not this chicken.

Comment

My Story

Hi A,
          I'm right there with you.. Let's be a voice and not an echo!!. I have also had my struggles but battle we must.. I'm on for December too.. why not come over to the Ladies on a mission thread.. it's cool
          Take care
          Patrice
          x

Comment

My Story

Thanks P i will search the thread and be there with "bells on" . I am so looking forward to tomorrow and the days that are to come.

Comment

My Story

I know, I know.. same here.. I did 5 days effortlessly until last night... the Xmas party and just could not resist. I'm going back to NZ for Xmas and want a sober one.. 15 days until I go, going to make it count !
              x

Comment

My Story

I did nearly 40 but fam issues and a daughers wedding and every excuse i can give really. Now stress free and a set date so going to be fine and have support of the children. I dont do xmas parties so no probs there. You can do it P, pm me if needed and i will do the same

Comment

My Story

Fantastic!! Always great to hook up with someone in the same time zone.. I'm in Asia so only 2 hours difference to you ( except if you are in Perth then its the same)
                  x

Comment

My Story

Melbourne here but two hours is so much better than O/S. hard to connect with such a big time difference. Although it is 11pm now so my bed time and tomorrow the start of an AF day with a buddy which makes a difference.

Comment

My Story

My brother is in Melbourne, he loves it.

Comment

My Story

Melbourne Willow, 4 seasons in one day. I love it too, never move from here. Is he single lol

Comment

My Story

Nope, and he's gay! Lol!

Comment

My Story

Gay men are so sweet lol and have nice arses for some reason!

Comment

My Story

Well I have done my day 1 again. How did i feel today, well i felt like a wine at 5pm and thought to myself, that I bought this back onto myself again. The withdrawals, the cravings, the headaches. Did that make me want a wine NO. My daughter visited with a bottle of wine and i'm like wtf Mia I told you I was stopping drinking today and she said "you can have one glass mum". Oh god bring me not into temptation I thought. I just looked at the bottle and thought NO I cant, if I did then I would drive to the shops and buy more. That is not me anymore, I need to be strong. I had a diet coke and looked at that damn wine and looked at it but did not succumb. God if I cant get past Day 1 what is the point I thought.

So here I am with a full belly (food, yes I ate) and feeling proud of myself. I know I have a long way to go but its a start to being AF again.

Comment

My Story

Great day 1, Available! Having to be extra strong on the first day has put you in even better shape for the coming ones. I guess your kids need to learn about how for some of us, one is never enough but zero is fine :goodjob:.

Comment

Working...
                                X