Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going for a month AF

Good Luck Uli!!

We will be thinking of you!! Take deep breaths and don't let the adrenaline get to you. I can only imagine you want to wallop him a good one. I sure would!! (If I was there, I would do it for you and then run.)

Let us all know how it went!!

Lilac, Sweet Cheeks, Luc - Hello!! I am truly moderating these days and feeling GREAT myself. Haven't been on this side of things for years.

Hope all have a wonderful day.

Take care,

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Going for a month AF

Hi Guys,

Good luck with the meeting Uli - it's going to be tough for you but you sound so strong. Hang in there and we're all there for you. I can imagine that you are really dreading this day. I can relate to what you say about the time being right. I'm slowly getting there and just need to decrease the dependancy and am certainly looking forward to more a/f days than not being a normality.

Luc it sounds as if we're on thesame page (apart from the fact that I never got to fly over Paris on Bastille Day - must have been an awesome sight). At least I am actually having af days so I certainly feel alot better about myself and like you say, not making a complete arse of yourself and regretting it later. Isn't it great to be in control!

I hadn't even thought Cindi, but lit made me think too, since I've been on this thread I haven't actually been totally trashed. I've been a bit drunk, but nothing like I used to get. I hope that you can sort your issues out with the Topa. It's definitely one day at a time and like you say, it would be good to string a 3 dayer along, but it's early days yet.

Lilac - you've done fantastically - hang in there for day 30. We're willing you on. Even better that you've lost 8lb too - I think I need to invest in club soda.

I'm feeling pretty good today - even managed to get up early to go to the gym. I was usually too hung over to even get up for work, let alone have a workout. It was great and I really enjoyed it. Just need to beat the 5 o'clock cravings which I'm hoping will be do-able if I keep focused and busy.

Have a great day folks and our thoughts are with you Uli.
      Sweet
      xxxx

Comment

Going for a month AF

Lilac - a huge accomplishment to have made your thirty. Well done :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: (just like Uli - one for each week).

I don't know where this thread will be going now that Uli and Lilac have done it, I guess it remains for Sweet, Cindi and I to prove our metal. I am happy the way the month went however, although not totally af, I felt I was in total control of the situation. Cindi seems to be on cloud nine with her progress, such a different lady from four weeks ago - well done. I agree with you Sweet, we seem to be singing from the same song sheet at present - lets continue to do so. Uli, I hope your meeting went okay - must have been difficult for you.

I shall almost certainly be off the boards for at least ten days, I have my partner home for a while - I'll see how it goes with signing in to myo.

Never the less I shall be thinking about you, and when I check back in, hope to find you all doing well.

with love

luc
        Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

Going for a month AF

Hiya,

Absolutely Luc - still a way to go but we've got Uli and Lilac to look to as inspiration that we can do it. I'm not sure I can string a month of af, but am certainly aiming to beat the cravings and be a/f at least in the week and moderate at weekends. It's just that off switch that I need to be able to regulate so that after a couple of glasses my brain makes sensible decisions instead of "let's get pissed". I'm glad you're pleased with your progress - it's hard isn't it? Still we can make those little changes which hopefully in turn will lead to bigger ones. Hope you can sign in soon - if not, we'll look forward to hearing from you in 10 days or so.

Lilac / Uli - keep on posting; I'd certainly miss your threads if you left the site. I'm counting on your great achievements to keep me focused. I did drink last night, but felt OK this morning - I'm going a/f until Friday when I'm going out but am going to switch my wine for long drinks with mixers so I don't drink so much. I'm determined to crack this one way or another!

How did the meeting go Uli? I was thinking of you and I'm sure Cindi, Lilac and Luc were too. Like we've said we're a special group and I feel so close to you all even if you're so far away.

Have a great day.
          Sweet
          xxx

Comment

Working...
          X