Army June 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 22

Evening all...I'm never buying a stitch of clothing again as long as I live....the amount of clothes I had to get rid of to live down here...shameful...a few pairs of shorts..ditto jeans, jumpers, t-shirts, and coats and hats for the winter..that's it...no more!
    How's things? Such a busy day here today but holy cow...we've NEARLY found a home for everything..and that's without ever venturing to the attic!
    I remember my first few days as a granny...I wouldn't let go of wee Jamie...big boy of 10 now! Enjoy every minute of snuggles with the wee man...they grow up so quickly
    Right ...sleep for me...talk tomorrow xxxx
    Last edited by mollyka; June 18, 2022, 03:20 PM.
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning army folk and a happy sober Sunday.
      Big congrats to Granny & Grandad JCs.
      Stirly how nice to see you again.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      Afternoon Campers
      Not a lot to report. YS is still sober - day 3.
      His sister says "get him in somewhere - I'll pay - he can't stay with you - and you can't throw him out - so there is only one option".

If this doesn't work not sure what will be next.
      @stirly-girly you mentioned he needs an incentive to get sober - here we go :

These are the pros of getting sober

• Waking up each morning not shaking & feeling like death
      • The trust & respect of his friends & family
      • Not getting so drunk as to lose phone & wallet ( 3 times in these last few months )
      • Not having to get your Dad out of bed to pay for taxi because of the above.
      • Your Mam not having to go collect you because your legs gave up.
      • Not falling over in the Pharmacy as you asked why the pharmacist was not giving you Librium (FFS!!)
      • Back to Golf
      • Back to Gym
      • Back to Eat healthily
      • a job
      • a partner
      • Maybe a family

All still possible if he wants it.

Pros of still drinking:

NONE
      Benji I have thought about this and written a couple of replies but they were long winded and none seem like something I would have taken the time to read when I was in YS’s currently state, so I would just add one point,
      Pro of getting sobers; actually starting to live the life and do the things that I dreamed of when I was a young boy or a teenager, before I first became addicted. Or getting gradually worse until my mind and body start really showing the effects of years of poisoning it.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I am still having problems posting on my iPad and lost the end of my last post and couldn’t edit it, so here is the rest:

Cons; putting in all the hard hard work, thinking I can’t do without this, I can never drink again, it’s impossible, until one day I realise this was the big LIE my addiction told me. But anything in worth having never comes easy, in my experience.

It’s not about willpower, it’s about mindset and finally looking through the fog and seeing alcohol for what it actually is and what it does to our minds, bodies and souls.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Evening all...I'm never buying a stitch of clothing again as long as I live....the amount of clothes I had to get rid of to live down here...shameful...
          Good woman :applause2:

Comment

Morning all.
            Waking at sparrow-fart these mornings.

1st World problem alert:

I can't believe I have to wait till mid-September this year for my holiday :waaaa:

Off to work now :llama:

Comment

Morning...struggling with posting on my phone with mobile data...but....drum roll.....despite the previous owner defaulting on a bill and the line into the house being subsequently blocked....we will have high speed fibre broadband within 2 weeks...very excited!!

When I was leaving my job Benjy we were being told by HR that we had to take 2 weeks of our leave in July or August whether we wanted it or not...I'd have been raging..I never take and HATE holidays in July and August...NO BODGER ANYMORE!!!! Sept will fly round and its a lovely time of year to go away

Morning everyone xx
              Last edited by mollyka; June 19, 2022, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Quick check in before I leave for the airport. Great news about the Wi-Fi Molly. Enjoy those baby cuddles JC. Waves to everyone else

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].....................that is so lovely. She's and Alfie are home so we're trooping over to there's for 10 minutes.............which will prolly turn into an hour.
                  Its also the S&H's birthday today. DIL's later in the week ad Mr JC's at the end of the month.

When I worked in the bank being single with no children I was always in the May or September group.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi dear Army,

just a quick check in for me before i fall into bed.. will check back with you all in the morning..

Congratulations on the birth of little Alfie, dear Jackie!! am so excited for you all and look forward to hearing more!

xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      Sept will fly round and its a lovely time of year to go away
                      Arra I dunno Molls. It's terribly late. I came back once in September and this feckin' eejit in work was talking about making her Christmas cakes.
                      I will not mess up anyone's sleep by repeating what I said under my breath :furious:
                      Plus it's straight into winter clothes & turning on the heating ..... can't even show off the tan.

In other years we had 2 hols. - one in June and the other in September.
                      But now we have to 'cut our cloth etc. etc.etc. ....'

Comment

Good Morning, Army!

we reached 36° yesterday in Berlin, which is very hot in this city! i had a lovely time out at my friends though.. harvesting millions of strawberries and currants, weeding out milk thistle (nearly broke my back!), swimming in the lake, cute dogs and chickens.. i left earlier than i would have liked to cause i went with the train and bike and i was afraid if i waited till the afternoon/evening, i wouldn't get a spot on the train.. also i had to ride my bike an hour to the station and didn't want to be riding in the boiling sun.. anyway, today is only meant to be 18° with some rain...which we desperately need!

Satz, mid September does seem late for a summer vacation! positive thing is you miss the crowds..but of course you want the heat of summer.. i guess Dublin doesn't get so warm, does it? you are in Dublin, right? what do you do for work?.. i'm with you on not buying shitty new clothes! one really does have to be careful.. to be honest, i get most of my clothes 2nd hand.. in fact, furniture and stuff as well.. i always joke that my flat looks like a nice flea market! it's better for my conscience.. if i worked at a place i had to look "smart" for i'd be in trouble!!

Molly, great that you're all moved in! and that you found space for everything.. you're just in time (at least not too late) to begin on your garden.. exciting! do you and your husband know people in the neighborhood? is there a neighborhood? or is it more countryside where you're living? moving house really does make you think about all the "stuff" we seem to accumulate.. last time i moved (5 years ago) i swore i'd never buy another book!:happy2:

big hellos all around! will check in again later.. xx

Comment

Morning!
                          Yes...you're right bout mid -Sept now that I think of it...only really went away from Ireland the once in Sept..and you will be coming back to autumn...I was thinking holidaying in Ireland at that time is lovely...usually lovely mild weather and kids in school.
                          36° Elsie! I'm sorry..I just couldn't live in it..we have a mild climate here...rarely below zero in winter...more normally around 10-12° in winter and anything from 15°-25° in summer...I love our climate but lots like hotter...like Benjy (Satz) I used to go away couple times...can't afford that now but we will grab a couple of weeks abroad somewhere. Joe's off to Slovenia Austria Bavaria shortly on his bike so I'm dog sitting!

It's a very countryside little lane we live on but there are houses around...I'm shocking anti-social so the fact I've people arriving with cakes and bottles etc took me aback...but Joe liked it so i'll leave him at it and stick with my garden!
                          Heading back to Balbriggan Friday...babysitting Tilly Friday night and Tilly and Éabha's graduation from playschool (I know...its a real thing! Actually had one with Joey so it's around a while!) on Sat...Will pop up to see Si and the boys as well.

Anyway enough bout me...the sun is out...the sky is blue so its veg garden today....oh Elsie...you might know...I've inherited 6 enormous red currant bushes...besides red currant jelly what can I do with them? They're awfully sour!?
                          Last edited by mollyka; June 20, 2022, 01:51 AM.

Comment

How was your visit with Alfie Jackie...or are you still there? They couldn't prise him outta your arms?:welldone:

Comment

Morning from an obsessed Granny.
                              Daughter in law had to have a caesarean..............the placenta was lying across the exit. So she was sat like a queen on their sofa with pressure bandages on her legs, feet on a stool and the son and heir is running round like a lunatic.
                              We did their food shopping for them.
                              What turned into we'll just pop in for 10 minutes lasted 2 hours.
                              It wasn't me they had to prise the young un off it was Mr JC. Luckily the S&H brought out the new pram which has many gadgets distracted Mr. JC long enough so I went in for a grab of the baby.
                              He is beautiful.

We'd still be there now but her midwife was due to check her tummy scar and other bits,how the feedings going so we made a hasty departure. In fact she gets two visits from a midwife a day with it being a caesarean.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Great stuff Jackie...now wait for 25 calls a day about every runny poo or hot legs or cold head....all part of being a granny ;-)
                                Roasted here...scrap my summer temps...must be near 30 at the moment...did the garden now eating ice cream on my garden lounger...and loving life ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X