Army June 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 22

Morning all... ironically just been to my dentist -- and I need a root canal and a crown!! after all my boasting bout me teeth! anyway yup -- I was right -- it's 480 - and am paying in instalments -- so 280 today... other than that my teeth are A1 according to himself but I do grind my teeth so need to wear my retainer at night -- got it when I got my braces a few years back and I hate wearing it... anyways -- needs must.

Booked Bloom for Saturday - looking forward to that for sure.... Joe is being a dick -- cannot express it any differently -- cos HE decided we were renting this house not selling it I told him it was his baby to sort it out -- he needs to ring about 3 different people to set things in place -- no - he'll ring one of them tomorrow and maybe one of them next week -- like we are OUT of here week after next and no tenants sorted -- why oh why are men so juvenile -- doesn't like being told what to do so won't do it... fecking clown -- I really feel like giving him a good dig...
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      ... Joe is being a dick -- cannot express it any differently -- cos HE decided we were renting this house not selling it I told him it was his baby to sort it out -- he needs to ring about 3 different people to set things in place -- no - he'll ring one of them tomorrow and maybe one of them next week -- like we are OUT of here week after next and no tenants sorted -- why oh why are men so juvenile -- doesn't like being told what to do so won't do it... fecking clown -- I really feel like giving him a good dig...
      :hahaha:
      Doesn't bode well for being just the two of you in the middle of Mayo Molls .....
      I've learned just say "grand" - let him take the consequences of not being 'up to speed' ( as we used to say in my last corporate job ) on the tasks to be done and the knock on effect :haha:

So just let go !
      ( after you give him a dig)

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        what’s the Trinny thing Satz?
        @rustop59

Trinny of Trinny & Suzanna fame offa the telly. She makes me laugh. Love listening to her.
        She was a model in her day & goes around trying different products - so knows her stuff.
        Then launched her own beauty products - simple tiny stackable pots of multi use stuff.
        I like the SPF serum & tinted serum - they are lully and with active ingredients. No think make-up ( not good on 'mature' skin )
        She started with just those 2 skincare products - but it's grown since.

Trinny London - Rethink your routine
        Last edited by satz123; June 2, 2022, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          :hahaha:
          Doesn't bode well for being just the two of you in the middle of Mayo Molls .....
          I've learned just say "grand" - let him take the consequences of not being 'up to speed' ( as we used to say in my last corporate job ) on the tasks to be done and the knock on effect :haha:

So just let go !
          ( after you give him a dig)
          Har har is right...ach 45 years of living with him I've learnt a few tricks to get him climbing off his high horse...just can't believe how childish he can be...
          Anyway he's picking his birthday present from the kids (Garden furniture) so that'll cheer him up. I gave him a week on the Shannon

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

Another funeral tomorrow. Will be a bit of a cousin reunion.. the priest likes to talk so it's going to be a long day...
            Hope the funeral didn't drag on Mers.
            MrS went to a funeral today too. The poor man was riddled with cancer - a month to live - they sent him home with morphine but it just wasn't doing the job - he was in horrendous pain.
            Not sure where he got it but he managed to get a gun & shot himself.
            So sad - but I'd never blame him. I'd do the same in his shoes if I had the nerve & wherewithal.
            He was strong enough to take control & say enough is enough. RIP.

Comment

Morning...partying at work...wow..very touched!

Comment

Good morning

Ah that’s lovely Molly. Do you think you will miss them?

How did the funeral go Mary? Nice to catch up with the cousins. Most extended families only seem to meet up at funerals or weddings.

Not as nice today but walked with my friend who has been working a lot so I only see her one or two mornings a week. Nice to catch up.

Comment

Because your worth it and you'll be missed.

Oh god a root canal...........I got one done and it felt like it took forever. I kept sliding down the chair.

We're jubileeing like there's no tomorrow. Up to the little fete shortly that the church has put on and then up to my brothers for a BBQ. I'll buy a cake at the fete to take.

We also managed to get Jenny out to the airport for her flight to Amsterdam for her hen do. On time. No bother flying with KLM and they gave her a mini bottle of prosecco (sp) for free when they realised she was the bride to be..............might have been obvious because her mates had made a here comes the bride sash to wear.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening folks...what an amazing day...can't believe the trouble everyone went to...fabulous party and gangs of folk from other branches cLose in with presents and cards ...just fabulous...full of sugar now so not sure whether I'm coming or going but just going to bed happy....night folks xx

Comment

Jesus, that is so sad [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. how old was he? Wonder why they couldn't up the morphine.. well, he left on his own terms, imagine his pain...

This week's funeral was sad but great catchup with the rellies, as you guessed Rustop. Except, 2 cousins, hugging everyone (was their dad) were covid positive this morning. If my folks dodge it again, they are superhuman!!

Glad jenny kicked off her hen in style!

Dinner out this eve with an old buddy. Told her I hadn't drank in years and she was gobsmacked! Kept coming back to it.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Dinner out this eve with an old buddy. Told her I hadn't drank in years and she was gobsmacked! Kept coming back to it.

Morning everyone

Do you think there could be a problem there Mary? People who do not have a problem/obsession with alcohol assume everyone else is the same. Wonder why she kept coming back to it. Fingers crossed for your folks. It’s still everywhere.

Glad Jenny got off on her hen ok. Bet you are not sorry to be in the middle of that JC.

That was so so sad Satz but don’t blame him. I always say I want to be taken to Switzerland. We would never dream of leaving an animal in pain so why a human.

SIL coming up today so better get the spare room ready.

Comment

Morning,
                          Wonder if Molls has finished bouncing off the sugar wall yet.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............that's so sad. May he rest in peace.
                          I'll be going to Switzerland with Rusty. Holland do it as well. You wouldn't let a dog suffer like that.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Howdy...sorry feck all reading back going on from me...was at Bloom today ..smashing day out but spent a bloody fortune...past caring
                            Hows everyone.,?..I too would want to be smothered...seems a bit mean to ask someone to do it tho
                            Last edited by mollyka; June 4, 2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Yeah they're the worst - the gobsmacked ones ..... you probably had your work cut out Mers ? how did it go ?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                Yeah they're the worst - the gobsmacked ones ..... you probably had your work cut out Mers ? how did it go ?
                                I was vague, "couldn't go back to hangovers" and "love my mornings".. shes a good egg, but loses the filter after a few drinks, but not in an unkind way. She knew.
                                Well observed [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], I have often suspected as she drinks a lot at home. we have been friends since we were 14 and lived/travelled together all through our 20s. She was a match for me, but without the sneaky ones hidden around the house. As far as I'm aware..

But you are right, it is everywhere..

My dad tested positive after the funeral. He's floored, but grand. Mams next..

Lovely day for bloom Molls. Are you completly done in work now?
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X