Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 22

Good Early Morning, Army!
    just checking in on my way to work.. gonna be a warm one here, which is nice, albeit a challenge in the kitchen at times!:happy2:
    wishing you all a lovely Wednesday...

Comment

Janey Mac that's an early start Elsie...what do you work at again?

Great news bout the MIL...she's a strong lady!

Beautiful morning here alright...birds going bananas out there! We have someone coming to view the house today so need to get out...clean it ...AGAIN first!
      Last edited by mollyka; June 8, 2022, 01:08 AM.
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning ladies, and it is indeed a beautiful morning. I have again stopped reading the depressing news stories from around the world, it does me no good. Personal adversity has made me realise and become more grateful for both the really important things in my life and the little sprigs of joy when I can grab them. Take a mindful minute with slow deep breaths to listen eyes closed to that birdsong this morning Molly, it will set you up for your busy day ahead.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning, Elsie, Mollymoo, Tabbers
          Its chucking it down over here in England..........well the north. I'm still wearing my 'big' coat which I'll be putting on shortly as its my craft day at the church.
          Better get a wriggle on.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone

Lovely here at the moment but looks like it might change so better get a move on and walk the dogs. Delighted MIL is ok JC.

Good to see you Lifechange. What do you work at? Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Hello everyone and nice to see you Lifeccange.

Had a reaction to my 4th jab so had a bad night but all ok this morning.

Off to hospital later today for another echocardiogram. Hoping for good news although they won't tell me results today!

Comment

Afternoon all.
                Could be wrong but I vaguely remember Elsie lived in Germany - so maybe an hour or two ahead of us ?

Good luck with the Echo [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Ask whoever is going it "does it look ok ?" sometimes they'll tell you
                If she answers it'll be a weight off your mind......

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...............hope it went well.:hug:

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............I thought Holland.

MIL is home...........we can breathe again.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] we'll never know if Elsie doesn't come back & tell us :haha:

YS relapsed again. Went out yesterday morning & didn't come back. Stayed in his grandmother's house - which means only one thing.
                    Got a phone call this eve from a man & his friend who had come across YS on the street & knew he was so drunk he'd never find his way home.
                    His father had to go up to Dublin to get him again.
                    He couldn't stand when he came in - he's gone to bed.

I honestly do not know what to do next ......

Comment

Missed a few days and I was delighted to see the buzzing thread! Molly, messing up the June chat was a fantastic mistake! Where will you hid us next month :haha:

Folks are grand, thanks everyone. Just going through the motions. Sister and I doing meals on wheels but I think they are over the worst. We seems to have been hit with another wave all of a sudden, scooping up anyone with no immunity.. myself and my sister were in the thick of it last week, so February's covid must still be protecting us.
                      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. I have no words of comfort. Its just so very sad and difficult and frustrating and worrying.
                      I'm torn between pity (like tabbers says, we should not feel shame, its not like any of us asked to be alkos) and frustration on your behalf. What makes us relapse? What makes us not relapse?
                      For me, I feel like I have way too much to lose and I never want to be inside my drunk head head again. The memory keeps be honest.
                      What's going on in YSs head. Maybe not so much this time, but the last time when he was on the up and up?
                      Thinking about you x
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning Army!
                        we decided to start work this morning and hour later, but i don't feel any more awake than i did yesterday! i know i'm always exhausted for at least a week or so after having wreaked so much havoc on my poor body and mind and soul.. look forward to having more energy soon..
                        i live in germany, in berlin, and work as a chef (i'm self trained, so i can't actually say that, but when i say cook after watching breaking bad, i can only think of a meth lab!)

Satz, i'm very sorry to hear about YS.. i remember a lot of what you've shared from before.. :hug:

Comment

Good morning everyone

Oh Satz, don’t know what to say other than I am thinking of you. Times like this hate bloody alcohol with a vengeance.

Good luck with the test Brit. How did your patio turn out. We had ours done a few weeks ago and such a boost.

That must be a stressful work environment Lifechange? Also if restaurant alcohol always on tap? Been to Berlin, lovely city.

Getting hair done today. Miserable morning so hope to get a walk in too.

Comment

Morning,
                            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........I'm so sorry. You're such a kind person and don't deserve this. I honestly don't know how you haven't smacked him silly by now.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION].........stick with chef. No wonder you're tired, you must be run of your feet everyday.

Nipping into town to get Mr JC's birthday pressie. Its not until the end of June but was in a book shop a couple of weeks ago and saw this great big tome on the history of the world..........suit him down to the ground.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              @satz123..........I'm so sorry. You're such a kind person and don't deserve this. I honestly don't know how you haven't smacked him silly by now.

Thanks Jacks aka [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I do sometimes want to shake him - but like Mers said I'm then torn between "oh it's a disease - not their fault" to "FFS stop drinking"
                              To be honest I am at my wit's end on what to do.
                              He will be hungover today and want to go for another drink.

I have reached out to a place in Kildare that first do a 2 week supervised detox & then progress. I KNOW he is supposed WANT it etc etc but we are at a crisis stage where he needs urgent intervention.
                              It says it's a volunteer organisation so we'll see.

Comment

Oh Benjy ..it must be heartbreaking...and yeah ..fully understand going between anger and sorrow. There's no point in anyone saying something won't work cos it might work but ....ah look...who knows...the eureka moment could indeed be round the corner...problem as I see it is the rock bottom moment doesn't seem to bother him..thinking of you xxx
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X