Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse Thread

O44, :welcome:
    sorry I don't have any experience with AB, I'm taking Baclofen.

I'm not sure who is on AB but I might suggest starting you're own thread with a bit of your background. It's worth a shot.

Cheers!

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hippyman;1432311 wrote: I have had no bad interactions on Antabuse. I eating salad dressings etc. that may even have wine vinegar without any problems. I take 1/2 of a 250mg pill every morning as a safety tool.I know I can't drink after I take it so my mind doesn't stay on the thought of beer very long.
      The thought may come in but quickly is replaced but the idea of how sick I would be. That ends my craving ASAP!!!
      Hippyman!
      Antabuse is the bomb to start; it will stop the drinkin' thinkin'....
      But Bac is the answer. Now LoOp is back. The liquid trumps the pills, I swear.
      Antabuse has helped me tremendously. I thank others on this site for that.
      I want you all to read up on Inositol; within 30 days my liver enzymes were back to normal; completely normal!

Thanks Evan for being back, so many people needed you!

LL
      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Just keeping this thread at the top.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Overit44;1425980 wrote: I'm really afraid of the food interactions. I really don't want to get sick. How would I have known that vanilla contains alcohol, really? How do you learn what you can eat and not. I love salads but what dressings don't contain alcohol? Now I'm doubting having started this medication.
          I have had no bad reactions. I was worried at first but now I guess you could say that I have worried for nothing. I baked, cooked and had all kinds of canned fruits with no problems.
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Antabuse Thread

bump

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Thank you O44! This was scary but helpful.
              Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Antabuse Thread

I've been on AB for almost 2 weeks- sober 3 weeks :-) I take 1/2 every third day or so. No side effects to speak of. I stayed sober on AB for 28 days last May but deliberately went off so I could drink. I'm not doing that this time. My drinking has not and never will change. I may not drink every night but when I do I drink dangerous levels. I'm done.
                Good luck to ya Honey. There will probably be the occasional thought of drinking. Just acknowledge it and tell yourself you are not drinking anymore. And take your pill :-)

Comment

Antabuse Thread

I'm new here, and have tried over the past couple of hours to read through this entire thread from first post to last, but alas, sleep awaits...

Anyway, wanted to mention that I started taking Disulfiram as of this morning. I'm very hopeful that this drug will help me in these next few weeks, but suspect I'm going to go through a pretty unpleasant "weaning" first few days.

For example, as I was forced, sweatily, into a packed commuter train with my 2 young daughters for the ride home this afternoon, they began to fight with each other, and I realized the younger one was missing her backpack. *trigger* Since I didn't have the option of heading straight to the store to buy a beer after the train ride (ie. My usual coping method), I suddenly had the unpleasant desire to start biting the skin on my arm REALLY hard until I was able to calm myself down. Wierd, right? Or perhaps I was just really hungry... Drug side effect or withdrawl symptom?
                  AF since May 12th, 2014

Comment

Antabuse Thread

It's because you didn't know how to deal with the situation without booze. Antabuse has no side effects UNLESS you drink on it.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

hopefulinOz;1661593 wrote: It's because you didn't know how to deal with the situation without booze. Antabuse has no side effects UNLESS you drink on it.
                      Indeed. It's time to seriously learn some new coping strategies...

Off to the "Toolbox" thread I go!
                      AF since May 12th, 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X