Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baclofen

Hi Saving Grace,
    You have only been taking it for a short time as well. In my experience and I have heard from others as well that you may not notice the indifference for 3 or so weeks. Hang in there!

Comment

baclofen

Zman,
      Yes, the heavy feelings is relieved by alcohol.
      Where is the consolidated thread you mentioned? Thanks.

shelbysmiles thanks for the support also.

Comment

baclofen

SavingGrace,

It is called Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread, on the same part of this forum as this thread.

Comment

baclofen

Shameless bump. This thread has most of my posts informational posts on it from when I came here and lots of good information on baclofen about my baclofen experience from months ago for those who may have missed it.
          I think this pretty much covered everything I could say about baclofen and Ive run out of intellgent things to say on baclofen

Comment

baclofen

I will make sure this keeps getting bumped... it's not shameless. It is important.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

baclofen

Maybe it could be pinned to the top?

Comment

baclofen

Thanks Lenore, Beatle Zen.
                Lenore and Beatle. I wish you the best of luck with your bac expereince as well. I just started a neighbor friend of mine. Really nice guy but he is a hopeless drunkl
                Im going to make a bit of a documentary of him. This was his first night and I will follow his pgrogress weekly.
                I am a bit of an amateur moviemaker. ITs a great project for my skills and he is cool with doing it. He said if this works for him like he saw it work for me. He will stand out on the street with a picket sign telling people it works.
                He remains terribly skeptical though but wants what I have. I mean I told him about it months ago and gave him Ameisen's FAQ. He just didnt want to talk to his doctor about it.

Just an update for the story, my story started by chance here on mywayout on page 2. This was a thread I found randomly on google while doing more research on baclofen and I added my 2 cents. I never expected to be here and I certainly never expected all these similar successs storiees.
                But thi journey as I mentioned on page 2 started with me stone drunk with an electrical cord around my neck and my wife leaving me because I couldnt quit drinking. I found Dr Ameisen's story.
                And in 2 days my wife boards a plane in Sydney Australia to join me here permanently. All she wanted was me to quit drinking. Before baclofen, I couldnt, now, anything is possible and my life has turned from overwhelming hopelessness to pure excitement as the woman I love more than anything is coming to be wtih me.
                So this thread, is my baclofen journey.
                Many thanks for allowing me to share with you all

Comment

baclofen

[xx

Comment

baclofen

So happy for you Bill!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

baclofen

Enjoy the road trip!

Comment

baclofen

Have a great trip. So glad she is here and you both can start anew.

Comment

baclofen

Bill,

I am extremely happy for you and your wife. Here is hoping you have a joyous reunion and a wonderful second honeymoon together.

Thank you for sharing and caring. You have helped to save my life and I greatly appreciate it.

Enjoy each other.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

baclofen

Ive been on Baclofen for just over a week. I had to talk my Psych into prescribing it for me. I also gave him the book. At present I am taking 30mg a day (10 x 3) and finding the side effects debilitating. I hope they improve as I dont want the only reason that Im not drinking being that I feel to sick! Am interested in other people's experiences of side affects (dizzyness, nausea, insomnia mixed with heavy sweaty sleep & weird dreams).

Comment

baclofen

Until this thread gets gecko toes (not to be confused with camel toe, or hippo toe),

The Bump Heard ?Round the World
                              Click here for info about ordering baclofen online.

Comment

baclofen

I know others have floated the idea that gecko toe (sticky) threads would be useful. I agree, but it seems the quantity of them could be problematic.

I've been thinking... Within the confines of the structgure of this forum perhaps there's a workable alternative. There could be one person (or better yet, a small number of people) permitted to modify a single sticky thread with a single post that would be updated by the designated person (or people).

The single post would contain a list of other threads each with a short description and a link to the thread itself. That list, the name of the thread, and those permitted to modify it would be decided by the community.

This would avoid the "bumps" that are currently required every few days, and would avoid the post noise that the bumps create.
                                Click here for info about ordering baclofen online.

Comment

Working...
                                X