Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Thanks Zen,

I am an insomniac too think that's part of the reason why I drank.

Love getting my sleep and also tha nights when I don't sleep as well I don't get so stressed!

I am going to post a pick of my litle grandaughter if I can today.

She is so gorgeous that I could eat her!
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Zenstyle;639394 wrote: Sounds fab Shas! I'm glad you're back on track again!

My update on the tiredness... I'm getting a GREAT night's sleep now. I'm insomniac so I'm really happy about that...

By the way, the Isle of Skye is right beside where I come from. I'm from an island in the Outer Hebrides, next door to the Isle of Skye...
      Ahww the beautiful Isle of Skye (stole some Marble from their Quarry) you get a great view of the place from our castle "Eilean Donnan".....next time you're there let me know and I'll give you a private tour....LOL

I had bad cravings yesterday(been off Bac for months now) so I started back on my Bac. Cravings went away already.....????????
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

She is gorgeous Shas!!

Evie that is great news about the cravings!
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Update

I am incredibly stressed at the moment but will give you my stats first
          For Bill.P info INR on Friday came back 2.4 so am on 4.5mg till tomorrow then have another INR (Tuesday) as I know you are in another time zone.
          I had all intention on taking on Saturday 20mg x 4 but Friday took 20mg each for the last 2 doses and was really tired so was concerned about driving on Saturday so only took 15mg for 8am & 1pm then 20mg at 6pm & 10pm.
          Drank Saturday night
          Sunday the same dosage.
          Didn?t drink Sunday night
          Today 20mg 8am, 20mg 1pm will do 20mg 6pm & 20mg 10pm
          And I will be honest I am craving at the moment
          This has been my weekend
          Friday night was great fun with all the kids will post pics when I can!
          Saturday afternoon son in law came to pick up the boys and I was minding Skye my grandaughter as my daughter was having a night out with her girlfriends.
          I said to my daughter to let SIL come into the house as I need to keep it civil with him. Well he came up and started telling me that he was sick as he had helped himself to some food from my fridge when I hadn?t been home this week. Then started telling Renae that she was going to have the kids all weekend (this man is getting money from the gov?t because he has the boys and will not work) he could see I wasn?t happy about him being in my home and starting to give orders about the place.
          So he scooped up my granddaughter and told the boys to get in the car and was calling me everything f$%king C*&t?s under the place (God knows what the neighbours now think) and that I will never get to mind his children ever again. As he was leaving he said to my daughter ?have a good night?. I was so upset I rang his mum and she said that she was concerned as the boys are showing signs of their father with aggression etc. And she was worried as she felt he was finally realising that this breakup is permanent.
          He did bring back my granddaughter the next day but parked down the street and didn?t come up to the house.
          Well he was back this morning (Monday) my daughter kept saying she didn?t want to talk to him. He parked at the front of my house blowing the horn, ringing and texting her the whole time. Finally he came up the drive banging the front door so hard that the house was shaking, when she didn?t answer he called her all the names under the sun and he is going to take her to court as she is an unfit mother!
          All I can say is bring it on!
          I had an abusive, alcoholic father and I am not handling this at all that well.
          I am terrified of what he is going to do when he realises that my daughter is not going to go back to him.
          I am even more terrified that she will go back to him because he will not give up the boys.
          Sorry for the saga just needed to tell someone what we are going through!
          To all the people reading this please don?t give up on the baclofen as it is working with me and I still have faith that this is the right path. It?s just I am going through all this at the moment.
          Take Care
          Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Oh my Shas was a stressful situation with SIL. I also hope your daughter stands her ground, goes to court and wins custody of her kids over this arse. He sounds like he's losing it because he is losing or has lost control of your daughter and can't handle that. You are standing strong and doing great. Drinking one day is not a failure in my eyes or anyone else here I am sure.
            Big hugs!
            PS since it is the bac thread: I am so glad it's working so well for you.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

my doctor

its not the same one i go to, so theres no friendliness, i go to a clinic. i was wondering are the doctors going to not want to prescribe baclofen ? is it approved in the us for alcoholism?

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Sorry me don't know any doctors in Australia who is interested in ba.
                Well am going to stick to the facts on this thread.
                Upped my dose today to 30mg x 4 (have only had 1 dose so far)
                feel abit light headed and sleepy but have chucked a sickie so am just hanging around today.
                On the bright side I have more time to be on this site.
                Hugs to Zen, Beaches & Cindi. You have been such a support & appreciate it very much
                Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi Shas. Stand your ground with sil. Don't take any shit. There is absolutely NO excuse for that kind of behaviour. I know it's hard when kid's are involved, but he either shapes up, or ships out. Sounds like your daughter and grandkid's really need you now. Aside from all that, i read your bac thread with great interest.
                  All the best, and keep going!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Best source of Baclofen without a prescription IMHO

240 generic 25 mg tablets costs about $274 and arrives in 12 - 14 days. Imported from India but the quality seems excellent. Do not wast money on the expedited delivery it's a waste of money and the package can get hung up in customs for 5 days or so -- arrives quicker with free standard delivery.

To me the real magic of the drug is that absolutely cures anxiety and associated depression with no real side effects except for some transient somnolence. This in turn seems to cure cravings for alchohol, it also minimizes or eliminates withdrawal symptoms for alcohol and benzos. I have just quit Xanax cold turkey with no withdrawal symptoms. Last time I tried I thought I was going to die after just 72 hours.

Best of luck to all.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Going Strong;643025 wrote: Sorry me don't know any doctors in Australia who is interested in ba.
                      Well am going to stick to the facts on this thread.
                      Upped my dose today to 30mg x 4 (have only had 1 dose so far)
                      feel abit light headed and sleepy but have chucked a sickie so am just hanging around today.
                      On the bright side I have more time to be on this site.
                      Hugs to Zen, Beaches & Cindi. You have been such a support & appreciate it very much
                      If I'm following you correctly, you are increasing from 80mg a day straight to 120mg a day.

That sounds like quite a hefty increase to me. You might get some very considerable tiredness. It is a good thing you are taking the day off.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Yes Going Strong!

Here is my progress yesterday and today! No drinking last night. Whoo Hoo!

Yes did increase it to 120mg and was feeling incredably tired and very dizzy but guess what! Hubby came home from work and climbed into bed as well with the same symptoms (sp?) and he is not taking bac!

So not sure what I am feeling is about the bac.

Am at work today but feeling really dizzy and didn't drive today but John is feeling the same.

I am going to stick with this 120mg today & tomorrow regardless. I just want to get there if you know what I mean.

I am dealing with stresses at the moment as you all know but I am aware it is how I deal with these stresses that has me wanting a drink.

The times I have drank is not so much that I have been craving but want to be able to just forget and not have to deal with whatever is going on in my life.

The bac is really helping with me coping with stress so I need to work out why I am I drinking when I not craving a drink.

I am having problems with my hubby at the moment.........well........ not really that he is the problem but am starting to notice things that I should have addressed before but have chosen not too.

Maybe we should have a thread about what we are all noticing about our life now we are on the baclofen? And keep this one just for stats.

Seeing at the moment it's just myself, Cindi, Zen, beaches & marbella if you are interested in doing it that way we could just log onto the Handling sober thread together?

Anyway I have a question. Has anyone else experiencing just a small brain drain happening?

I send alot of emails to solicitors and accountants as well as I do alot of legal letters that have to be correct in every way and what I am finding is that I do have to double check everything at the moment and correct silly spelling mistakes.

It's not a biggy I just need to be abit more careful.

Also this is weird but I have a salty and slightly metalic taste in my mouth all the time like I have just had vegemite on toast or have been eating strong vintage cheese.

Not really a problem just something I have noticed.

Take Care and happy bac taking!
                        Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Congrats on your progress!

Going Strong;644061 wrote:
                          Anyway I have a question. Has anyone else experiencing just a small brain drain happening?
                          Yes, I noticed this as well while I was titrating up. I would slow down a bit to get used to the dosage you are at before increasing again.

When I stopped increasing, and especially when I started reducing my dose, the brain fuzziness went away.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Thanks Guys,

Yes I did up the dosage quickly it says alot about me.

I am a all or nothing sort of person!

Will stay on this dosage for a while.

Last night hubby bought home 2 bottles of wine.

Hello? Says alot about him also.

I had 1 glass and it was really out of habit and it didn't make me feel that great!

A little nauseous actually but this could be the bug I have at the moment.

Next time I will take that extra dose of bac!

It actually took me all night to drink it.

billyb or Bill.P what extra dose should I take if I am taking 40mg x 4 per day?
                            Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Going Strong;644862 wrote:
                              billyb or Bill.P what extra dose should I take if I am taking 40mg x 4 per day?
                              Stopping at one glass of wine sounds like a real accomplishment to me - there's no need to take an extra dose of baclofen in situations like that.

You are now up to 160mg a day? That is extremely quick titration, and has me a bit concerned.

I wouldn't take any extra doses at all until you are completely free from tiredness and other side effects.

You will eventually get to where you want to be, there is no need to rush it (especially since there are real dangers involved with excessive sleepiness, dizziness, and other side effects).

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the support.

Am feeling abit better today but only took 30mg for my last dose at 10pm last night.

Don't know if it is that making me better or the virus is running it's course.

Don't forget my husband had the same thing just not as aggressive as me and he is not on bac!

I don't have a spleen so not sure if that has any impact on the virus. If not any better tomorrow am going to the doctor.

By the way he bought wine home again last night and I went "Nuh....don't feel like it"

Decided I need home made chicken soup so made that instead.

So today just to prove this is not the bac I am going to have 40mg 8am, 30mg at 1pm then 30mg at 5.30pm then 40mg at 9pm.

We will see how that goes.

I have lost 2kg this week but have been so nauseous that I haven't felt like eating much.
                                Shas

Comment

Working...
                                X