Shas's Baclofen Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Interesting stuff! I've been using Topa for two years now but as much as I think it is working for me and I no longer have the cravings, I fall off the wagon and binge again. Has anyone experienced this? Would Baclofen be an alternative? I've ordered the book to get more information on it, just wanted to get more information here if someone has experienced what I am. Thanks for any input you can offer.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hello Everybody,

Just an update that I stayed at 30mg x 4.

Today took 20mg this morning then will take 30mg at 12.30pm, 30mg at 5pm then 20mg at 9.30pm.

My witching hour is between 5pm-6pm so will pop a 10mg if needed then.

I have been struggling with a lightheaded feeling and it makes me feel like I have been drinking which is what I don't want to feel.

Another side effect is that my hot flushes or flashes as you Us peeps call them have subsided and I don't have to get up to go to the loo 3 or 4 times during the night.

I thought I was going through menopause and was having a hard time of it as well.....seems maybe I wasn't.

On a brighter note seems I have about 9 days left of bac at this dosage, and as I have ordered on the 4th July I should have plenty of time to get my order but I will try inhouse as well as there is no shipping fee.

Take Care
      Shas
      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas,

Isn't this amazing? I feel so strongly that I am going to make it this time.

I can't explain it. Yes, like you I have those "thoughts" but for the first time in my life it is kind of like the thoughts of other things I know I shouldn't do. I would like to but I can do without.

I am doing better at 120 mg/day (20 mg tid) rather than 160 mg/day (20 mg qid). My sleep was too weird at 160 mg/day. Almost zombie like, dreams were odd, etc. I could not open my eyes a couple of times when I was trying to wake up from a couple of the strange dreams. It was scary.

I don't have that at the 120 mg/day dosage.

I am still AF!!

It sounds like you are, too, and I know you have struggled with this just like I have.

I am so grateful to have found something that helps this much.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Glad to hear that going down a bit is helping both of you manage side effects without triggering significant cravings. I want the side effect of not getting up several times in the night! Unfortunately, I'm having the opposite side effect.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

What do you mean, Louise?

Do you have to go to the bathroom a lot, or are you having trouble sleeping?

What dosage are you on now?

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update as I know I have been AWOL but need to spend time sorting out stuff at home.

My bac arrived on Friday or at least half of it did and I know that the rest will probably arrive on Monday.

I will not get caught out again!

I feel like I have woken up from a long nightmare and who is this old woman in the mirror?

When did all that spare flesh arrive?

I was always a health nut and realise how far down I have slipped.

I am now on 30mg at 7am, 30mg at 12pm, 40mg at 5pm and then 30mg at 9.30pm.

The cravings are there but doable I just need to lift my game.

I did have 2 glasses of wine last night and it was a choice thing not so much a craving.

I need to focus on my choice stratergies.

I have lost another 1kg so that did help me choose not to have another glass.

Bill.P I get my blood checked again this week so will let you know how that goes.

To everybody else I hope everybody is going OK, it's just I don't have time to check the threads and probably won't be able to for a few days.
              Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

It is so wonderful that you have a choice now. Keep it up, its great.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas, hope it keeps getting easier. Sounds like you are doing much better.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Bump.

Shas, hope you are okay and family things are sorting out.

Pop in and update us when you get a chance.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

OMG!

Hi Guys,

I am back and it will take me 6 months to catch up on all this reading about bac and catching up will all of you!!!

Well my update is that I was concerned with symptoms that I was experiencing and needed to make sure that they were not related to bac.

So I went to the country to visit one of my daughters and slowly titrated down to 10mg x 4 times a day.
                      When I got back home my cravings started back quite strong as well as the anxiety which was even harder to cope with.

I have now started titrating up to 15mg x 4 times a day and will take it slowly instead of rushing like a bull to a gate.

The end of my addiction did arrive yesterday so am going to bed early tonight with Oliver .

I went to my GP today who has ordered my blood tests and it's so annoying that I feel I cannot be honest and let her know exactly what is happening with me.

Bill.P my INR was low around 1.7 which she does believe comes from me not drinking so we are adjusting that and I will be tested next week.

I definitley have brain drain which I feel comes from the bac but I feel it's just something that I will put up with as I need the bac more.

I will try to catch up more with everybody tomorrow.

I have never slept as much in my life! I go to bed about 9.30-10pm and wake up at 7am.

It is wonderful but am not getting as much done!!

Take care everybody

Much Love
                      Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

So glad you checked in and that all is going relatively well. Hopefully the extra sleep is just 'catch up' from insomnia and the 'brain drain' will lift soon.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas,

I, too, am sleeping more than usual these days. I sleep 8 hours a night now, versus 4-6.

It is an adjustment.

The brain drain does go away. I never suffered from it too much but the tiredness did affect me some. However, Benadryl does me worse, and I have to take it at times for bad allergies, so I can deal with it.

I believe in titrating slowly. I went up too quickly, myself, and suffered horrible nightmares and disturbing sleep issues. When I went back down, those issues went away.

Thanks for checking in!!

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi Shas, that INR is fine 1.5-2 is the range many primary care doctors want it at, for cardiac patients we keep it at 2-3.
                            Drinking thins the blood and only one event if I recall correctly I like 1.7, as it more precautionary. The higher the number the thinner the blood, so its a dance of making sure blood doesnt clot versus making it too thin and bleeding. So I wouldnt change anything, just recheck. Food, alcohol, lots of things make the INR go up and down

Good to hear from you again Shas. Wife leaves Sydney Saturday (friday in the states) so I am excited.

I wish I had the sleepiness problem. I have always had insomnia and the sleepiness went away when I first started it, now I just toss and turn unless I take diphenhydramine but I only take that for a few days at a time then same amount of days off of it

Comment

Working...
                            X