Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's the most startling thing about this whole thing.... I'm not doing anything, I'm not trying anything, I'm not working hard to beat my demons, I'm not learning how to cope.... I'm just living... living with options now.

now I have to hold out hope that a doctor somewhere will find something like this that will cure me of my hot wing addiction... it'll surely kill me eventually.

Comment

panda farts;734056 wrote:
      now I have to hold out hope that a doctor somewhere will find something like this that will cure me of my hot wing addiction... it'll surely kill me eventually.
      :H :H :H
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Increasing with side effects

Hello all,
        :h
        I am still having tingling and transient numbness on 80mgs...can anyone tell me how long I should persevere to see if the side effects wear off? I do not want to come down again as I feel it must take time for my body to acclimatise...but have not hit my off switch....although not drinking anything like before. I think I have been on 80mgs for about a month
        Many thanks.
        loving this site:l
        :goodjob:

Comment

PF,

That is wonderful!! So happy for you!

DC, I have had those symptoms on and off since I hit about 80. They lessen, and then I go up, and they get worse again. So far, I've learned to live with it, but I know it's different for everyone.

Kudos and good luck to all, respectively!!

Comment

Wow Larisa...
            That's so good to hear...not that it is still there but that it lessens etc
            Can I ask what dose you are on now?
            I wake in the night and familiar things seem to look like for seconds they are entities etc...
            I live alone and have basically nobody to discuss these things with. Don't get me wrong..it's not 'oh poor me'...
            I have followed many of your posts for a good while before i joined....and I am lucky compared to some. I have a wonderful counsellor and get my Bac prescibed for me....

but it does sometimes feel like a lonely battle in the night when my skin is tingling in a very marked way and I cannot even say if the feeling is hot or cold...it just does not feel nice being in my body...then opening my eyes and for seconds seeing scary things...

I hope I do not put anyone off by saying these things...I felt from day one that Bac was a gift to me..a real blessing.
            I just need to get on top of things.

:thanks:

Comment

hi dreamcatcher- welcome

hey where are you at in your doseage of bac? have you hit the switch?
              i'm not yet on it. i've been sober 2 years 4 months as of yesterday. pretty cool. my life has changed dramatically since i've been sober.went the traditional route of rehab and AA. it's been good in that it gets me out of myself for awhile. i also exercise religiously now. something i always wanted to do but was too hungover. exercise seems to mitigate the anxiety i have always had. i also meditate using holosync on the ipod. also helps with the anxiety. at some point i will try the bac. for anxiety and to be able to rejoin the world. i don't date right now or go out really because i'm too afraid of the alcoholic consequences.
              anyway, just wanted to say hello and touch bases. i mostly lurk on this website but there is a great community of like-minded individuals here who are very supportive. i am so grateful for my sobriety.:welcome:

Comment

DC, I'm at 200. Thinking about going to 210 tonight or tomorrow. I've been at 200 for about a week. I haven't been drinking for over 2 weeks (not counting days), but I'm still thinking about it so haven't hit the switch yet.

Comment

moved down to 140mg tonight.

zero side effects
                  zero craving
                  zero thoughts

12th day AF after at least 11 years of never going 12 days AF

incredible

Comment

Sorry, double posting
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Well, I 'm still not AF, but I'm pretty sure I'm close to the switch-off.

I am not trying very hard to not drink -- I don't want to have to channel all my energy into will-power this time, as that always backfires.

On the other hand, I am co-operating. That is to say, I am not forcing myself to drink when my habit says yes, but my body says naah.

I've been pouring myself drinks and forgetting about them for hours. Sometimes I think about having a drink and feel disinterested.

This is just what I wanted to happen. It's natural. It's taking longer than I had hoped, but the progress has only gone one way.

Maybe tomorrow will be my first AF day. Maybe not. I know it's coming.

Thank you everyone for all the support and inspiration and not least, all the information sharing.

(yeah, I have a lot to smile about)
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Go Beatle!!!
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I remember that feeling.. that means you're close.

Comment

Thanks Tip. Another thing -- I think others have mentioned this, and I have too, but even when I do drink, it doesn't do much for me... yet another wonderful way Bac helps you help yourself.

I have had worse side effects than some (and less than others), and I know that's why I have taken so long. But interestingly, I actually have not gone up from the 70-80mg per day I have been at for at least a month, maybe more. The Bac just seems to be taking hold in my system with time. I keep trying to titrate up, but over 80-90mg, the side effects get to hard to handle (I am a teacher at the moment, and have to do my job, after all.)

Patience, ass, patience. (That's the punchline to a joke that I can't remember.)

Comment

upping my dose

I think I need to up my dose.....................where is Zen?? Beatle, I am so happy you are almost there, I am drinking alcoholically (almost, not as bad as I used to be actually!!!), but feeling pretty bad, guess the whole losing my job, missing the kids favorite band last Friday at the u2/Muse concert.................thought the show started at 8, well MUSE started at 7, and we got there at 8, missed MUSE..............................end of story, guess we won't see them til they come back to US ??? Wish I could go to London or Stockholm, they play there soon..............................hahaha!!:H:H

I will keep you all posted, just the whole unemployment thing has me a little depressed I think...........................need to up my dose, as I have nothing but time on my hands, and that is dangerous!!!!

lots of love,:l:h

MA
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hello Gratitude :-)))

Good for you, you sound like you are doing great. I am on 80mgs for about a month at that level but the side effects are difficult but determined to soldier on. I am hoping that once my body gets used to it and accepts it they will stop..if not looks like I will have to stop taking it so hoping so much that I can keep going.

I am really rooting for you all ...your honesty and compassion for one another has been very uplifting for me for a long time although I only got around to joining a short time ago.
                                I feel such sadness that this condition is so misunderstood and if only people in general could see the real determination and striving of those on here...well, maybe the judgementalism would stop.

I am sure the day will come soon that they get to the bottom of this affliction Baclophen is a breakthrough and there will be more..I feel it in my bones ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X