Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

tip,panda, and others who have hit the switch,
    have you guys and girls gone to a party sober yet? the reason i ask is that i went to a dinner party not to long ago and although i had fun and didn't drink i still had those alcoholic thoughts. not the physiological cravings. just the obsessive "o.k. i'm not drinking and i'm not going to drink" " wow evereyone is drinking alot" "stay away from the red wine" "did they cook with wine?" "will that make me relapse" ad naseum. clearly i'm still obsessed. are you guys or can you relax. thanks to all who are going on this journey while i watch from the sidelines and cheer you on. gratitude

Comment

oops the question was do you guys still obsess or do the thoughts actually cease. that would truly be a miracle. i try to explain this to a normie and they have no clue what i'm on about. anyway, at first i really wanted to just be able to have a glass of wine at a dinner party or a beer after a hard workout without going on a 4 day can't sleep, can't eat, but drink everything in sight bender. now i would be happy to just remain sober and not have to think " i wonder if they are going to finish that glass of wine" haha.

Comment

gratitude;739412 wrote: oops the question was do you guys still obsess or do the thoughts actually cease. that would truly be a miracle. i try to explain this to a normie and they have no clue what i'm on about. anyway, at first i really wanted to just be able to have a glass of wine at a dinner party or a beer after a hard workout without going on a 4 day can't sleep, can't eat, but drink everything in sight bender. now i would be happy to just remain sober and not have to think " i wonder if they are going to finish that glass of wine" haha.
        The thoughts go away over time. For me the biggest thing was not drinking, yet people knew I used to get totally p*ssed. So far, very few have noticed... I'm usually bored out of my skull these days, except with really close friends whom I've known for many years.

I've had one "drunk dream" where I woke up one day, totally convinced that I had drunk vodka and hidden the bottle somewhere. I was frantically trying to remember where so I could throw it away, when I realisied it had been a dream. But is was incredibly vivid. I actually posted a thread about it in "general" and apparently its fairly common.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I don't obsess at all and I had two social engagements last week where I didn't drink at one and then a friends birthday party where I brought a 6 pack of Becks Premier Light (2.3% ABV) and drank 4 of them over the course of 4.5 hours... obviously 2.3 beer isn't getting anyone drunk and I didn't feel like I needed more and I certainly didn't stop off on the way home to get a steel reserve tall boy @ 8% ABV like I would have pre-bac.

So moderating was fairly easy.. especially sticking to ultra light beer.. the big plus is the following nights alone I went right back to abstaining without any cravings... just like tonight.

so the cycle (for me) is completely broken

to answer your question (again for me) the obsessive thoughts have completely gone away I can only guess they will for you when you get to your switch

Comment

Update

I'm up to 240 mg/day now. Have been almost completely AF for several weeks now (had a couple of binges even at high doses). I'm able to not drink pretty easily on weekdays since after my last dose, I'm pretty much catatonic and waaay buzzed. On Saturdays, it's still quite tempting to get a magnum of wine and have a drunkfest. (But I am able to resist.)

I'm going to keep titrating up - things are better, though. I want to find out if I can get to where Ameisen got!

Side effects are not as bad as they were. Still having pretty good muscle twitching, especially at the end of the day.

Comment

thanks Larisa!
              your information, helps others!
              the point is not to archive..to use less baclofen then oliver ameisen, the goal is to be free of AL.
              German Forum on Baclofen and Alcohol http://www.baclofen-forum.com/
              my alcohol baclofen statistic
              http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/fets/

Comment

Hi, fets - I should clarify. I don't mean get to where Ameisen got in terms of how much bac I take, but in terms of being indifferent to AL. The sooner, the better!

Comment

Larisa and PF,
                  That's great! I'm uping my dosage again from 30mg. Up to 50mg now and 2 nights ago I was watching TV with my daughter who is 22 yrs old and OMG I couldn't stop giggling. Unfortunately she asked me if I had been drinking, which I hadn't. I guess it's that Gaba daba doo that happens sometimes. Anyway, been feeling good lately and glad to be BAC(k)....teehee!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Bright, I have to ask: have you been drinking??? :H :H :H :H :H
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

funny!!

I walk around smiling and notice people smiling at me alot lately, with what is going on in my life, that is cool, this is a wonder drug for me!!!!

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Tig,

NO:wow: But I did just take my 25mg of BAC. I'm going to call them the GABA Giggles!!!
                        Dr. A is right....remove the anxiety, throw in a pinch of determination and viola....you feel great!:wd:

Comment

Yeah!!

Who else feels great, no matter what?! I think it (baclofen) should be marketed for depression......... Although, I probably didn't have depression, just anxiety.... Cool, huh?!

MA:l:h
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Although I get blue sometimes, its more about the high level of anxiety for me. Maybe they go hand in hand, not sure. I feel like taking Bac, especially when you are titrating up, gives you a mood lift or somehow I feel less oppressed....do you know what I mean??? Like something has lifted off my shoulders. When I went back down to 20mg and started bingeing again...the ole black cloud came back. So this time I'm really noticing the mood lift and I like the fact that I'm not living with the doom and gloom.

Comment

nothing very interesting to report. no change. staying @ 150mg

zero side effects
                              zero cravings

at the moment, I feel as cured as I think one can.

I really hope ya'll get here at some point.. it's the most unbelievable thing that's ever happened to me.

Comment

I had a mild blip last night. I opened the fridge and had a 1 second thought that some alcohol would be nice.

This hasnt happened to me for months and was a shock.

I am going AF and physical felt fear at the thought coming back when previously I have had complete disinterest around alcohol.

I didnt drink.

When I sat down and went through the lead up to the fridge door incident I realized I had missed a mid morning and an evening dose of bac. I carry a prn dose and took this stright away.

I am being dramatic about this in my mind because it had "all gone away" - I realize that I need my insulin-like bac daily doses to remain alc/anxiety free.

It's that "disinterested" mindset that is the real benefit for me on my baclofen journery. That is what I value. OK not puking, blacking out, losing stuff (money, work, relationships, respect of children, will to live etc), waking up in a dry bed and generally feeling healthy is GREAT - but that little flash of an idea that I might get away with a few sneaky drinkies as I opened the fridge door was a horribly unwanted visitor in my head last night. I want that disinterest back.

Bac dose back up a bit and regular alarms set on my phone to ensure I take each does when I should.

Best to all.
                                Andy R:

Comment

Working...
                                X