Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Hey Beatle,
    3 months 'not being drunk' is still awesome if before 'being drunk' was more the norm.

I haven't posted about Bac for a while - I am only on 70mg a day at the moment. I am seeing how I go with 4 - 5 nights sober and 2 - 3 days where I can go out and have a few glasses (not getting drunk). So far it has been ok, but I am fully aware that by keeping myself 'in a relationship with alcohol', I am keeping my body and mind 'open' to it.
    I know I definately have more thoughts about Al on my sober days, than I would had it been a while completely AL free. I am trying to have the best of both worlds (or perhaps just kidding myself).
    But so far it is ok. Am going out for long runs on my AL free nights and by the time I get back I don't even think about it.

Tip, Teba and Panda, you all sound like you are doing really well!

Cowgal, best of luck on the job-hunt front. Hope it goes well.
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

hey all!

Good morning,I am hanging in there, drank again yesterday, but not total waste case, and feeling ok this AM, so it is definitely the bac working Still a little worried about the job/future front but whatever is meant to be will happen, I have to trust that!!! I am going to clean some more today, go to the gym, apply for a few jobs, have lunch w/ a friend and try to not drink, go to an AA meeting......staying busy.............save $$ by not drinking, it IS expensive here w/ all the taxes they put on it!!!

lots of love,:h thanks for the thoughts and concerns guys,:thanks: you are awesome!!

MA:l
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hang in there MA. Don't let fear get to you. Fear is Al's brother...remember! Stay positive, something good will happen soon, I'm sure of it!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

bac progress

I am up to 220 as of yesterday, and the side effects have gotten a little better. I still have jerky muscles, but I am sleeping and not waking up snoring so much. The coughing has gotten a little better as well.

My days are very short since I pass out by 9 pm at the latest. Still not totally indifferent to AL, but I'm waaaaay too sleepy to do anything about it!

Congrats to those of you who have already reached the switch!

Comment

Hello everybody

Iam new here.
            Iam on baclofen since 3 weeks and my dosage now is 30 mg per day. I just want to find out from you people what is the highest dosage per day required for abstinence.I know Dr Amiesen's highest dosage was 270 mg /day but I donno what is the required dosage for a person like me who was a daily drinker for 12 years .
            any suggestions.

Comment

Hello everybody

Iam new here.
              Iam on baclofen since 3 weeks and my dosage now is 30 mg per day. I just want to find out from you people what is the highest dosage per day required for abstinence.I know Dr Amiesen's highest dosage was 270 mg /day but I donno what is the required dosage for a person like me who was a daily drinker for 12 years .
              any suggestions.

Comment

Hello Everybody

Iam new here. Iam on Baclofen since 3 weeks,now i take 30mg /day refracted by 3.I was wondering what will be my highest dosage required for abstinence .I know Dr Amiesen consumed 270mg/day but donno how much I have to consume ,Iam a person who's been drinking daily for 12 years.

any suggestions

Comment

Hello everybody

Iam new here.
                  any suggestions.

Comment

Hello everybody

Iam new here.
                    any suggestions.

Comment

well

Your post showed up 3 times, you may want to delete 2 of them, if you want................I started at 10 mg 3 times a day and now I am up to 30mg 4 times a day, but only for a couple days as my drinking had escalated since I lost my job...............if you are ok w/ the side effects, keep going up until you feel "indifferent" to alcohol, which WILL happen, it is sorta happening now, but I am going to keep going up until I have NO thoughts of drinking, which I am still haunted by.................probably most likely to losing my job and worrying about the future.................will get over this...........

Good luck!!!:l

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

yeah ... just keep slowly increasing your daily dosage until you reach your "switch" you'll know when you haven't hit it and you'll know when you hit it. It's a pretty startling feeling.

Comment

Hello everybody

Iam new here.
                          any suggestions.

Comment

Hello everybody

Iam new here.
                            any suggestions.

Comment

umm...
                              :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                              :what?:
                              sigpic
                              Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                              A Forum
                              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hi All,

I am tapering down (from 200 mgs) and yesterday at lunch time the thought of a glass of wine came to me. I have to stress this was a thought and not a craving.

This is the first time since I hit 50 mgs this has happened.

I took a 10 mg dose - and hey presto - it went. Pre Bac this would have sent me into a major bender ending up who knows where...

I had had only my first 10 mg dose for the day and had slept in a bit - so maybe it was a "lack of Bac" in the blood stream.

I aim to be at 50 mgs per day for now with a prn 10 or 20 mgs in my pocket at all times.

Hi Man looking - There is a titration schedule on the site under Dr O's cure thread. Or you can try his book. Good luck to you.
                                Andy R:

Comment

Working...
                                X