Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Hello all,

I have never achieved disinterest at all. However, I was able to go 90 days AF and for me that is a huge miracle.

Unfortunately, I derailed myself for about two weeks in a rather dramatic fashion and it has taken me a while to get back on an even keel.

However, I am back on the Baclofen and titrating back up. I am grateful for the help it provides but am also using AA and a wonderful sponsor to help me get my head in the right place. I believe my alcoholism isn't just physical but mental, too, and I must address both issues to get well.

Anywhoo, glad to be back here and will keep all posted on my progress as I titrate back up. On day 8 AF currently.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Andy & Cindi

Thanks for both of your posts.

I find that I have to keep reminding myself that I cannot afford to become complacent. None of us here have been sober for very long, and we're actually still very fragile.

I've also resorted to cellphone reminders to ensure that I take my bac on time every day.

And Cindi: I can relate very strongly to what you say about the mental aspects of alcoholism. For me too, this is not just about the physical dependence.

Good luck to us all!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

glad!!

Good to see you Andy, Cindi(welcome back sweetie!!!!!) and Tip....................glad you are all doing well, feeling hyper today, staying af, but still upping my dose, cannot believe I am up to 160mg a day and having NO side effects AT ALL!!!! Feeling more energetic/hyper than anything, getting lots done!!!

lots of love,:l:h:l

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I am OK again - I s'pose I just got a jolt of a message about where my off switch is. Or more precisely where it isnt.

I am OK from 50 mg's - the "disinterest" side affect of bac is there.

Below this - it isnt.

I know what I need to do.

Hope you are all well.

Best
          Andy R:

Comment

I wish my switch would come. I had to stop due to lack of meds, and well, starting again, I am back up to about 80mgs. I remember feeling disinterest before but I am thinking maybe about 100mgs.

I am holding out hope for the disinterest and my switch to hit....soon, but I will take up to whatever it takes.......
            AF July 6 2014

Comment

Anyone heard from Larissa lately? I know she was up to a pretty high dose and I was wanting to see how she is doing.

Comment

And Zen????

Hope you guys are ok!! Having a rough couple days, the divorce is nearing for many more reasons now, cannot get into too much, the stress here never seems to end, wish I could meet a nice rich guy to just take me away, LOL:H:H:H:H

MA:h:l

Comment

MA,

I've been waiting for the Night in Shining Armour for years now! Guess he's on high demand from us damsels in distress. Lots of us to save!! The stress is never ending for me too! Of course my gut instinct is to "run away". I would like nothing more than to just take off....no phones, demands, financial worries. Hang tough...

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

taking 140mg a day now. completely indifferent to AL even when in a bar and grill where members of my party were drinking. absolute indifference.

constipation is the only lingering side effect and with a decent fiber supplement it seems to be somewhat controlled.

Comment

Okay, I'm ready to try Bac. I've been reading as much as I can and noticed some (Panda) are taking as much as 140mg a day, and I was going to order 10mg tablets but that would mean 14 pills a day......is that right? I guess I could get 25mg and 10mg. Do you take them all at once? I will have to keep researching....any advice welcomed.

I'm nervous to start but am so hopeful from all the positive posts. I do okay with supps but it is still a struggle. I would love to not care.

:l
                      Ak
                      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

start low and move up as slow as your body tells you to.

I reached my "switch" at 160mg .. yes, 16 pills a day. I found taking my doses late in the day worked the best for me but everyone's body is different.

You don't take them all at once.. there's a link somewhere that I'm sure someone will post that will give you a proper dosing schedule to start out with...

it took me about a month or so to get up to 160mg and there were some fairly nasty side effects... but they are all gone now.

Just take it as slow as you need to.. rushing it will only give you worse side effects and discourage you when you're not indifferent to AL.

Comment

Thanks Panda,

:l
                          Ak

I was also wondering about Alcolim? Anyone trying it?

Comment

No problem. we all started out unsure about what we were about to do... I still can't believe it worked exactly as I had hoped it would.

Comment

Do you get yours online? If so where?

Comment

Yeah!!

Do as panda reccomends....... Sorry missed that, alot going on here......xoxo everyone......:l:h:l:h

MA

Comment

Working...
                                X