Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Olivier Ameisen (part 2 of my message)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump for newbies
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Otter's post today collecting Baclofen sites caused me to look back at this particular string which was started by OA in 2009 (I think) and then to click over to the French Baclof?ne forum.

Interestingly, I found a highly favorable article about bac published in France Soir just a few days ago. Its worth dusting off your high school french (or turning on Google Translate) to read the article and the dozens of success stories included in the comments to the article.

Here's a link: Baclofène : Le traitement miracle attire les foules | France Soir

I'm not sure how respectable France Soir is any more, but the comments (most of them) are very compelling.
      With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Clinical Trial Upcoming in France!

Wow! Here's some news! (Spending some more time on the French bac forum has paid off!)

The very respected French newspaper Le Figaro reports that a bona fide (as in real) clinical trial has been scheduled to begin at the end of this year in France. This is apparently in addition to the Dutch trial.

Here's a link:

Le Figaro - Sant? : Alcoolisme*: le baclof?ne va ?tre officiellement test?*

And here's a Google translation of the first few paragraphs:

"Awaited by many patients and doctors, the first clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy of baclofen (Lioresal) in the treatment of alcohol dependence is expected to begin within a few months in France.

The drug, developed by the laboratory Novartis Pharma back nearly forty years to relieve muscle spasms, has no authorization in the market (AMM) to treat alcoholism. This does not prohibit doctors from prescribing it in this direction, but the practitioner takes the risk of being sued if something goes wrong.

For Professor Philippe Jaury, coordinator of the study, this trial represents a major step forward. "Currently, many doctors still refuse to prescribe baclofen for the treatment of alcohol dependence, lack of scientific evidence on its effectiveness," says the general practitioner, a teacher at the Faculty of Medicine Ren? Descartes in Paris. The study, which has long sought funding , finally received public funding, the amount is currently unknown. It should begin in December or January next, to the expected results in 2013."

When will the US addiction treatment community get its act together and test this drug?
        With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Finally!
          The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

bump

Comment

Cassander wrote this nearly two years ago.

Cassander;1169365 wrote:
              When will the US addiction treatment community get its act together and test this drug?
              Anything changed?

Comment

Working...
              X