New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping - I have tons of hair come out all the time - of course, mine is really fine and very thick to begin with, which yours may not be. I work with a lady who is on some sort of medicine as her hair is really thin and it is actually working and helping her - do you want me to ask her the name of it?

Got to go to bed. i work mid shift tomorrow - was off today and have really enjoyed pottering round and being on here on and off. Take care all of you - won't be around so much tomorrow.

Hugs to all,

love, Sun xx
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Guys, JUst checking in briefly to see how you are all getting on. Good news Sun....seems you are getting ssome results at last.. 2Run I am happy that you have you prescription, I wouldnt worry about getting more just yet, see how you go when you get up to 100mg...I am currently on 50mg...I was on 100mg for about ten days and started feeling very flat..so I decided to go back down and see what happened with the cravings...good news...the cravings are still non existent so I am staying on 50mg while I can. I felt the topa work very quickly for me...almost on the second day at 50mg...no cravings and the incessant mad drinking thinking just vanished into thin air. I am not sure how this happened, I was alcohol free 10 days after a massive 7 day bender that made me very ill, before i took the topa, so may be I was extremely motivated and also sick enough for it to kick in quickly. SE are some tingling in hands and feet but nothing to worry about. My appetite is normal and I suppose at this low dose I couldnt expect it to be diminished...but I am not complaining although I do have a lot of weight to lose. With time and keeping away from the grog, I know that slowly I will lose weight naturally. Good luck everyone...keep up the good work....will keep praying for us all
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

AAARRRGGG - this happens to me all the time!! I post more than a few minutes and have to sign back in and my post is lost. Drives me crazy -

Comment

Where does it go Houtx? I used Botin for hair lost. My hair got quite brittle so I cut it shorter.

Comment

Hoping - I have tons of hair come out all the time - of course, mine is really fine and very thick to begin with, which yours may not be. I work with a lady who is on some sort of medicine as her hair is really thin and it is actually working and helping her - do you want me to ask her the name of it?
            Yes, sun, would you mind asking? I have fine, thin hair to begin with that thinned more after my babies. I can't afford to lose much more! From the Paddy post though, I don't think that that is AS common of a SE but it can happen.

I lost 12 lbs initial because the Topa made me feel slightly sick all the time. I put about 3 or 4 back on when I went off. And I ws starving.
            When you say you were starving Sidney, do you mean once you came off? I've heard a few people say they ate like crazy on the topa and still lost... But you said you were sick so probably not...

Thanks!!

Topa day 3! Noticed my sleep wasn't great last night. Need to try melatonin. Forgot to take my magnesium before bed too.
            "Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them. Every day begin the task anew." -- St Francis de Sales

Comment

Starving when I came off it. I was slightly nausous on it like being pregnant. Food and drink did not appeal to me. I have been on it several times it was the most dramatic the first time. I literally did not eat.

Comment

RUNNING VERY LATE - HATE THAT -will ask Sue about med - got to go. hugs to all,

love, Sun xxx
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I think the appetite switch has been flipped. Ugh. I cannot seem to force myself to eat anything. I was hoping for a curb but this is silly! And after an hour of intense spin class this AM too!
                  "Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them. Every day begin the task anew." -- St Francis de Sales

Comment

2Run;949475 wrote: I think the appetite switch has been flipped. Ugh. I cannot seem to force myself to eat anything. I was hoping for a curb but this is silly! And after an hour of intense spin class this AM too!
                    That won't last too long. Just make sure what you do eat is quality!
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hey can somebody go over to the "Hitting the Switch" BAC thread and copy my last post and bring it over here??? I have no clue what happened - damn computers! LOL

Comment

here ya go houtx!
                        Ok - will try again. My posts longer than a minute aren't going through...here are a few random thoughts on previous posts:

The meditation CDs did not interest me. I keep a journal and with small children - good luck!! You actually may need it! LOL

I have felt like TOPA really worked for me @ 100 mgs: loss of appetite, and felt ehhhhhhhhhh about wine the last few days and even hard liquor tonite, although have sipped a couple just so I can go to bed soon. I think I will still go up to 120 mgs (have a DR appt tomorrow) as I find I've gone "flat" after about 5 days...would elaborate but afraid my post will be lost. Now that I am in the "edit" mode can say: I am just in an ehhhhhhhhhh mode as far as AL and my appetite is on a slippery slope...so let's up it, I'm thinking.

I am REALLY happy and amazed at how YES successful this drug has worked for me. I seriously have felt indifferent towards AL the last few days. The only reason I've drunk anything is out of habit, need to sleep, meeting friends. But have not had any Chardonnay (think I had a glass a couple of nights ago)...in what feels like ages and it feels great!! That is the weirdest thing - it just didn't appeal to me at all!!! PLus I've gone to bed at a reasonable hour, taken Melatonin, and woken up HAPPY with all this!! But tomorrow night I am meeting up w/ my wine-drinking girlfriends so Chardonnay and Savignon will be on the tailgate...I'm sure I will be good though. I'm just kinda like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-))

Love it!! Hope this is the beginning of MWO -

I'm excited!! If I can dwindle this down to some AF days/weeks/months...You will hear me shouting from the rooftops. Now...to get this to post!!

Comment

houtx - oh my, i've said it before but we sound so alike!!! how many "small children" do you have? i have 2 little girls, 2 years and 4.5 years and i am home full time with them.

it sounds like you are doing SO WELL!!!! how are you doing with SEs? are you feeling tired or dopey at all? I'm so glad to hear that you are "ehhh" about chardonnay and SauvBlanc (CANNOT IMAGINE THAT!!) and that you are getting some good sleep in. is your plan to moderate or eventually go AF?

it's now day 4 for me on 25mg. i still feel really loopy and spacey. last night making dinner i kept stopping in the middle of the kitchen and thinking where am i again, what am i doing? not forgetting words but certainly feel "off." then b/c of complete lack of appetite or care for food my hubby and kids got to the table to find plain grilled chicken, plain brown rice and steamed swiss chard. we're always healthy but usually much more inventive than that! hubby knows i'm on the topa so he didn't say anything. ;D

Comment

2Run,
                            That flipped around feeling will go away.. I felt that too when I started Topa (My Husband would be driving me somewhere, and I'd be"Why are you driving this way"?, He would laugh &say, this is the way we always go!) So don't worry it goes away-Keep up the good work!

Comment

thanks havefaith. i HATE feeling like this! it's not so much confusion or memory loss or anything but more like my head is stuffed with cotton and my ears are plugged up or something. like i have a really bad headache without the pain, does that make sense? and twice i've had mini "hallucinations" where i've glanced quickly down a hallway in my house and thought i saw someone standing there and they weren't. just now my 4 year old came up behind me and i shrieked! Waaaaa!
                              how are the rest of you doing???

Comment

Yeah, I know what your going through, you feel like your nerves are totally shot! I think the brain is going through a reconstruction phase. Because I am on day 47 and I feel 100% better!
                                PS- are you still drinking, and if so, how much? I haven't had any, and no cravings I'm on 125mg Topa.

Comment

Working...
                                X