Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirit. Please post on your own thread.

Comment

Hey Ne and Reg. I received PMs from new -ish folks over the last two day who would like to post more but feel like there isn't space to do that here without being beaten on. I'm not sure if the board can be reclaimed as an actual Meds support space again. Funny that you mentioned Otter-- I was actually thinking that in retrospect he seems really lovely. Ne -- I get the B12 from an online med site, I think its ushcgshots.com. Had good luck and they offer a discount if you pay with a check or AM EX.

Comment

Thanks Dun.

I am completely freed of any need to respond to the troll. It's a shame if people don't want to post because of him, but there aren't any other options! Just hit the ignore button! Or whatever. Just don't respond at all. That's worse.

I read it, or at least skim it, but knowing the site is dying and there isn't anyone who will do anything about it completely frees me from caring at all anymore. I don't know why. Ironically, it makes me want to post again, since Spiritwolf's involvement in these threads has been such a bane that I have hated coming here and reading the meds threads. No longer, though, because I can literally ignore him. Whew. It's a huge fucking relief, I don't mind telling you.

Spirit, you're not welcome here. I know it won't keep you from invading every single sacred space with your mantra that abstinence is the only way to be successful. It's bull shit. That's all! Ha.

I'm going to ask my shrink about the B12 shots. I am getting complete blood work done next week to look at hormones, including thyroid, and also B12 levels. It will be interesting to see the results.

Anyone here know anything about Stop the Thyroid Madness? Is it bull shit or legit?

Comment

Look, Spiritwolf!
          Instead of spreading your mean-spirited psycho-babble on this thread, you have your VERY OWN.

Here ya go, Spirit. You can cut and paste and beat the drum for abstinence all you want, right here! Maybe you could take the day and recreate a history for yourself. Right here! I think that most of us in the Med Section would appreciate if you confine yourself to your own space. Anyone who wants to know what you think can

Comment

Never Ever - your lashing out at me will not help you nor anyone else. If you do not want me to respond to you, then please do not post your silliness on my threads. Ne, I realize that you are going through a difficult time in your life right now so I really do not feel that I am being responsible replying back to your posts.

However Ne, I do think that it is important for others to read how others respond to others when they are under the influence of alcohol or other medications (or depressed). I am quite certain that you agree with me relative to the above but you are not personally in situation that would allow you to say or express such.

--sf--

Comment

Spirit. Get back to your own thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
                Again, a prime example of how harmful the effects and after effects can be to someone who drinks alcohol. I am quite certain that Reggie would not utter these words if he/she were in a good place in their own life right now.
                I wish the quote mechanism would have included Reggie's post too. s, have you considered that when posters are angry with you that it's about you and not some sign or symptom of a person that drinks alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by kronkcarr View Post
                  I wish the quote mechanism would have included Reggie's post too. s, have you considered that when posters are angry with you that it's about you and not some sign or symptom of a person that drinks alcohol?
                  Kronk -have you ever stopped to think about the FACT that no one can make anyone else feel or think anything -without their own permission or consent.
                  Just a thought Kronk. Carry on.

Comment

NE -Let me begin my saying that I wish that you would not take offense at what I am about to say, but you will and that is ok.

You are no poster child for Baclofen and quitting alcohol. Alternatively, you actually cause tremendous harm to those of who promote Baclofen as medication to help one stop drinking.

After 5 years of Baclofen, you still drink, you still become very depressed, and yet you still insist on trying to present your faithful knowledge of Baclofen and how it works to eliminate alcoholism from one's life.

Seriously NE, would you sign up for Baclofen after reading your posts and your stories? Why in the world would anyone want to suffer the pains and agonies of the side effects of Baclofen and end up where you are five years later.

Please try to keep this in mind the next time that you elect to post on one of my threads.

--sf--

Comment

Spirit. Take a break. We know where to find you. On your very own thread. Please post there and leave the rest of us alone. Thank you.

Comment

dun, I thought I'd answer your question from the other thread here. Thanks for the spot Ne. When I run longer distances I'm not anxious. When I kayak I'm not anxious. My anxiety is different now. It's not specific. I don't fret over interactions. It's more of a difficulty being still.

Comment

Hi Kronk (sorry for the hijack, Ne). You might have addressed this. I have been on a posting rampage and with he up'd baclofen dosage I can't keep track of where I've been. I get it though about the difficulty in being still. I was also thinking about your injury and wanted to tell you to check out M.A.T. (muscle activation technique). My son and I have been trying it out -- a form of physical therapy -- and it is really great for not just helping injuries but preventing them. I will post more on my own thread if you are interested.

Comment

dun, I am interested. Ne, I often think of how grateful I am that you share your baclofen story but I don't think I've told you. Thanks.

Comment

No shame.

Thanks, Kronk. That actually means a lot and I really appreciate it. I'll get back to it soon.

One of the real values of this place is learning What Not To Do! I really appreciated it, way back in the day, that I could study the people who didn't get sober using baclofen, or got sober and were miserable. And by sober, back then it pretty much meant abstinent. There were a lot of people who believed that they HAD TO NEVER EVER DRINK AGAIN to be okay. I was one of 'em. I was wrong. About that and a whole bunch of things.

Like, I don't know why I let Spirit-whatever get under my skin in the first place. The teetotalers have ALWAYS been here and always will. And the posts aren't even the worst, most fractious we've seen around here. I harken back to the days of whats-their-names that were actually really disturbing and with full intent to disrupt the place. Hell, even one of my friends was really dreadfully and alarmingly inappropriate and caused divisiveness.

Short version? Words hurt as much as sticks and stones, just not on bones. And my bones, the figurative ones that make up my backbone, are really strong. Some words just make me think, "RAWR! I am woman and know my worth!" And all that jazz.

So nyah, nyah, nyah. I can't be shamed because I have depression or, gods know, addiction. I can't be shamed because I don't live up to someone's ideal. I can't be shamed. I did enough of that to myself for too long and it ain't happenin' again. I laugh at the attempt. Rawr.

Back tomorrow.

Comment

NE -Never in a million years did I write words that were intended to cause someone harm relative to depression (or anything else as far as that goes).
                                Some of the most true pain that someone can experience -physical or mental is depression. Depression can and does kill people. I do not think that any of us posting on this forum want to be a part of creating more frustration for one who is truly clinically depressed.

NE -the primary point that I am/was trying to bring to light is the fact that you are still drinking, you have been taking baclofen for five years, you are still unhappy as hell, and you still raise hell at anyone who points out the idea that being alcohol free might just be a good thing. NE, your responses and thoughts are very easily sold and purchased by people who still want to drink and assume that they can still be happy. If these people do have the time to read the posts from others, they will indeed find that there is no happiness to be found if they continue to drink.

After 5 years of Baclofen, depression, anxiety, etc., ---why do you not post about the potential freedom one can/could receive from being free of alcohol? Why do you continue to promote and support something that does not work for you and only continues to cause you pain and suffering? There is no need for a reply -nor one expected.

--sf--

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
                                Like, I don't know why I let Spirit-whatever get under my skin in the first place. The teetotalers have ALWAYS been here and always will. And the posts aren't even the worst, most fractious we've seen around here. I harken back to the days of whats-their-names that were actually really disturbing and with full intent to disrupt the place. Hell, even one of my friends was really dreadfully and alarmingly inappropriate and caused divisiveness.

Short version? Words hurt as much as sticks and stones, just not on bones. And my bones, the figurative ones that make up my backbone, are really strong. Some words just make me think, "RAWR! I am woman and know my worth!" And all that jazz.

So nyah, nyah, nyah. I can't be shamed because I have depression or, gods know, addiction. I can't be shamed because I don't live up to someone's ideal. I can't be shamed. I did enough of that to myself for too long and it ain't happenin' again. I laugh at the attempt. Rawr.

Back tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X