Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ment
    As you know my switch was 180 and lost it after going down to fast to 135,I then titrated up to 315 with no switch so gone down to 270 and I feel like what ppl describe on naltrexone .Having a drink and not wanting anymore ,I had a 250ml glass of wine at home and didn't want anyone so there's something so say about going down

Comment

Nic, I mentioned this on another thread, but just in case...I think there is such a thing as drinking through the switch, or something like that. It's also a factor of time, in my humble opinion. So glad that you're not feeling like drinking. That's an amazing thing, isn't it?

I just realized this morning, when I took my first dose, that I'm taking 240mg, not 280. Oops. Counting is hard!

Still drinking less, but it has as much to do with being a busy bee as anything else. Which has as much to do with taking the proper antidepressants as anything else. I can't describe how incredibly different my life is now that I'm not depressed. I hate that I spent a year and a half in that dark hole. It was almost as bad as being a miserable drunk. Okay, not really. Nothing compares to the hell of being a miserable drunk. But it still sucked.

I can tell you that I'm pretty sure that I would have started drinking early today had I not had commitments all day. Not sure what that means, or how much I would have actually consumed. Will have to wait until after the holiday to find out, because this whole week is jam packed.

Hope it's good out there. If it's not, hang in there because it gets better.

Comment

nicnak - I'm so happy to hear that you've reached a place of not wanting to drink That's amazing! I'm glad you stuck it out and didn't get discouraged when you had to pass your original switch dose by quite a bit. And it's great to see the different ways people overcome getting stuck in their bac progress. I felt really bad when you were asking for advice on that thread a little while back because I honestly didn't know how to advise you. I had never been in that position. But you managed to figure it out yourself, and now here you are. Congratulations!

Ne - I'm so glad things are going so well for you now. And you might be really busy these days, but as we all know, when cravings strike, we make time to drink regardless of what's on our plate, so that's really great that you're still drinking less at 240 mg. That puts you in a really good position for when you feel ready to start titrating up again.

Anyway, happy turkey day to all those in the U.S. Happy Thursday to everyone else :P I'm on my way to my brother's house for the long weekend, so I'll catch up with you guys next week.

Comment

The people that know me know that as a rule I don't acknowledge holidays on this forum. I've found that they are often fraught for those of us suffering from this disease. Not to mention the fact that we come from all over.

The one exception is Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday and I like to give thanks here, too.

So thank you.
          Thanks, Terryk for being there whenever I need you.
          Thanks to the newcomers for keeping it real.
          Thanks for starting threads that keep track of where you are and how its going. Those will help you in the future, but they help me, too.
          Thanks for responding to my posts and on this thread. It makes me feel special, welcome, and that my input is of value.
          Thanks to the people who have become close and valued friends over these many years. You know who you are. Serenity, my sobriety sister, begins the list. But everyone else, please know that even though I'm not going to list you by name, I'm so grateful that I can call and email, or receive your calls and emails. Who knew how valuable these anonymous online connections could be? Not me. But they are. And I depend on them a great deal.

A special thanks this year to those who came before me, and those that have left. Lo0p/Evan, you'll always have a special place for my overwhelming gratitude, no matter how mad I am at the way you left us. Bleep, I miss you and still value all of the things we shared. Redhead and redthread, I hope you're well and thank you, too. You expanded my horizons, as well as inspired me in many ways.
          Gratitude, I can't thank you enough for sharing your unique experience, too.

And then there is a whole list of people (including some of the ones I've already mentioned) that are long gone from this forum but for whom I have a special place in my heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You kept me going and kept it interesting.

Thanks to the people who don't get involved in kerfuffle, and to the people who do in the attempt to keep this a safe and comfortable environment to share our experiences, strength and hope.

And thanks, of course, to Roberta Jewell. Despite the fact that this place is frustrating and out of control at the moment, we owe her for creating it.

Comment

Hope you have fun with your fam, LIS!

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
              The people that know me know that as a rule I don't acknowledge holidays on this forum. I've found that they are often fraught for those of us suffering from this disease. Not to mention the fact that we come from all over.

The one exception is Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday and I like to give thanks here, too.

Thanks to the people who have become close and valued friends over these many years. I'm so grateful that I can call and email, or receive your calls and emails. Who knew how valuable these anonymous online connections could be? Not me. But they are. And I depend on them a great deal.

Gratitude, I can't thank you enough for sharing your unique experience, too.

Thanks to the people who don't get involved in kerfuffle, and to the people who do in the attempt to keep this a safe and comfortable environment to share our experiences, strength and hope.

And thanks, of course, to Roberta Jewell. Despite the fact that this place is frustrating and out of control at the moment, we owe her for creating it.
              And NE, we should all thank you for making sure that the forum stays active and single (simple) minded with the attention on Baclofen. Let us all enjoy our "turkey" and have peaceful days. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree
                Ok NE - you win. My wife just told me that i sound more childish than all of you put together. As such, I will no longer post to this thread. Ok. Signing out.
                -tk
                TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Originally posted by terryk View Post
                  -tk
                  TK -once again, you got me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree
                    Ok NE - you win. My wife just told me that i sound more childish than all of you put together. As such, I will no longer post to this thread. Ok. Signing out.
                    Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
                    TK -once again, you got me.
                    No, you got yourself because you are an ignorant child. It's quite telling that your wife at least on some level agrees with that sentiment - I feel sorry for her.

-tk
                    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Oh, sere, did you delete your post?

Well, good thing I saw it yesterday because it made me happy. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

So no news today. Did I tell you guys yesterday that we're celebrating Thanksgiving here (at our house) today because Ed had the flu? So that's what today is going to be about and I'm still in a Thanking and Grateful mood.

I'm so thankful for my parents. They've been absolutely amazing, particularly recently as I've recovered from being depressed.

And my poor, long-suffering husband who has had to put up with a lump on the couch for a year. Now he has to put with a wife who wants it all done NOW and has a bunch of energy to do it ALL. RIGHT NOW! Except, squirrel...

What else? I'm almost grateful for the puppy. She's still creating all kinds of havoc. (we're on our fourth set of remote controls for the tv, but whose fault is that?) But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. If she's not better by the time she turns 2 yo (next May) I'm going to make a rug out of her. She's in her third dog training class, btw. lol

I got a bunch of free trees, and a free 125 gallon rain barrel, from the city of Norfolk. Including some Japanese Maples that are stunning. How cool is that?

That's enough for this morning, because I'm sure you guys don't care.

Oh, wait.

Two very, very important things. Three, actually.

I am so grateful to Olivier Ameisen (RIP) and for baclofen. And my pdoc. She is an excellent, amazing psychiatrist. She's now thinking about changing her specialty to addiction medicine! And definitely willing to prescribe baclofen to others. Woot!

Comment

What sort of dog is she, Ne?

I have a staffie (staffordshire bull terrier) who is as lively as yours sounds. She has already passed the age of 2, for which I, like you, had great hopes. Lively as ever. So I asked the vet, who had just struggled to give her a routine vaccination, "When do you think she will calm down?" His reply was "Probably about half an hour before she dies!" He was joking of course.....I think.....

Comment

Terry k

Originally posted by terryk View Post
                          No, you got yourself because you are an ignorant child. It's quite telling that your wife at least on some level agrees with that sentiment - I feel sorry for her.
                          Terry, at some point in time, all this foolish, hatefulness needs/has to end. TK, for goodness sakes, let us start my not calling people silly names. Terry, let's get on the same train, even if we are in different compartments. Let's come together to share information about AUD and medications, etc that can help many beyond ourselves. TK, please just consider this request.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
                            Terry, at some point in time, all this foolish, hatefulness needs/has to end. TK, for goodness sakes, let us start my not calling people silly names. Terry, let's get on the same train, even if we are in different compartments. Let's come together to share information about AUD and medications, etc that can help many beyond ourselves. TK, please just consider this request.
                            sf, as I read your post here and your posts to terryk, Mentium, Ne, Lostinspace and Fred the Cat I can't help but think that you have the power (by stopping the arguing on your end) to put an end to the bickering. It seems that you and the people that are arguing are repeating the same stuff. How about a break?

Comment

Originally posted by kronkcarr View Post
                              sf, as I read your post here and your posts to terryk, Mentium and Fred the Cat I can't help but think that you have the power (by stopping the arguing on your end) to put an end to the bickering. It seems that you and the people that are arguing are repeating the same stuff. How about a break?
                              Kronk -I agree with you. Please help us all to allow each of us to post information relative to medications for alcoholism and other helpful information. Perhaps I am part of the problem, but I am in no way the total problem.
                              Kronk, we all need this site to continue -not only for ourselves but for others that follow. A very simple agreement not to respond to other threads that do no involve us would be a great start -in my opinion. This site -MWO- can become stronger than it ever has before or it will eventually die because of the thrills that other(s) get out of being a part of something dying.

You are spot on and I hope that others will read.

--sf--

(Edit: Kronk -please try to communicate with Fred before he tears down the site ---this is absolutely senseless)

Comment

Dude, you are a toxic individual. Fucking give it a break, and let this site return to the haven it used to be. Just stop.

Hi Ne, glad to hear that things seem to be looking better. You deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X