Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by befreenow View Post
    Ouch!

Lex, you are 100% correct. Ameisen was a self-deluded individual as are some of his followers -like KronkCarr. The sad part is that people like Kronk were not really alcoholics to begin with, yet they insist on shouting out loud the great experiences they had with Baclofen.

If Baclofen was the 'miracle' pill for AUD, then this forum would not even exist. It is time for others to start talking about AUD medical solutions outside of Baclofen. If this does not happen, the forum will die.
    Thanks for referring to me. This helps me to reflect on how healthy I've gotten. I am grateful for all of your posts from the last 3 years.

I used to get so angry with the things you said--the judgements of me and others, the ridicule and lack of care and support and the blanket statements. I'd fire back at you in anger. I remember trying to prove to you that I was alcoholic. I remember correcting the spelling of my name several times.

As I got healthier habits I tried to understand and reason with you. I'd point out that other meds were talked about. I asked you to post your story with baclofen and drinking so I could understand your views.

I remember the last time you attacked me I posted that if I were still over drinking I would have believed your words about me. I've grown so much since 12/12/12 when I started medication to stop alcoholically drinking. Your latest post serves as a reminder of my continued growth. I'm not mad, I'm not trying to soothe you or convince you. I'm just happy to be free from all the emotional triggers that were set off when I was messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by befreenow View Post
      The sad part is that people like Kronk were not really alcoholics to begin with
      Ah - That old chestnut - Alcohol abuse/Alcohol dependence

Do not belittle peoples' perceptions of their alcohol issues, claiming people who have reached the conclusion they are alcoholics and need any sort of help available, are not

Go away - You odious little turd

Bacman
      I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
      Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
        sorry to let the cat out of the bag. Ameisen was a self-deluded crackpot.
        Ahh lex the idiot child of spirit ...his main supporter
        Yes self deluded crack pot that's why in France it's a registered treatment for alcoholism
        Prescribing Guide for Baclofen in the Treatment
        of Alcoholism a€“ for Use by Physicians

All of the French medical community is crazy except for the logical twins Lex and his good ole buddy spirit .

Comment

Behan - you're back! Sweet!

Comment

Well Behan maybe it works for French people then. Behan is French, right? French for "behind" I think it is, oui?

Comment

Looks like someone has hit the manic phase again.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

"RIP -Baclofen as well -unfortunately. Baclofen does work for a few, but not many. It is my opinion that this is why the med section is near death. Too many people wanted to support a medication that did/does not work for the majority. These same people wanted to denounce any other method(s), even when Baclofen was not working for them. When I say "work", I am talking about a medication that quickly, and at least temporarily, resolves the mental and physical cravings of alcohol while the person seeks out other treatments to address the underlying reasons for the addiction in the first place.

Baclofen and its relentless supporters destroyed the med section of the forum. No more titration advice or schedules. Baclofen sounded good on paper, in a book, and on this forum for awhile -but then the truth came out. The biggest shame of all is that the med section posters are not looking at nor supporting the latest trends in medications for addiction recovery. The Baclofen ego is difficult to communicate with (lol).

Sooner, rather than later, you will see and read of TK's "indifference" to alcohol for xyz number of years. You will read about Ne's experience with Baclofen and how, at one time, Baclofen helped her to not to want to drink, and yet she is still heavily drinking. You will soon read other stories from a few regular posters exclaiming their great experience with Baclofen. What you will not read is that Baclofen is the miracle "pill" that it was made out to be by "Ameisen". There are other promising medications (hallucinogens) that do appear to perform miracles, but Baclofen is not amongst them."

What you are saying here spiritfree is absolutely ridiculous....Baclofen works for most people. Most of the ones which find it working does not come to this forum posting a lot, simply because they feel no need to. Have you even read the french forum? Or the studies? Or the animal studies? I also feel obliged to answer because I had been drinking everyday to extreme excess for nearly 10 years, and within 2 months of baclofen I didn´t drink a drop, and still don´t after over a year. Not because I can´t, but because I don´t want to, and baclofen has saved my life. And here you are, talking shit about it, a medication that is a hope for millions of people, just because you feel disgrudged on a forum. That I must say, is really a childish and small-minded thing to do. Are you seriously implying that because YOU THINK SO, baclofen do not work for most people? Are the studies like this one a hoax then? High-dose baclofen for the treatment of alcohol dependence (BACLAD study): a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Effectiveness and safety of baclofen for maintenance of alcohol abstinence in alcohol-dependent patients with liver cirrhosis: randomised, double-b... - PubMed - NCBI

I haven´t participated in this -bashing spiritfree-thing, but please, get your head out of your ass and stop being so damn bitter, this isn´t about "baclofen-ego" but about peoples health.

Comment

Originally posted by kamfer View Post
                  That I must say, is really a childish and small-minded thing to do. Are you seriously implying that because YOU THINK SO, baclofen do not work for most people?
                  He thinks people who succeed with Baclofen are not "real alcoholics"

Originally posted by befreenow/Spiritfree View Post
                  The sad part is that people like Kronk were not really alcoholics to begin with, yet they insist on shouting out loud the great experiences they had with Baclofen.
                  As a banned member he knows he is unwelcome on the medication area - However

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                  Yes, I know who he is. And even if I don't agree with all of his beliefs, he is entitled to his opinion.
                  Clearly on the general side, taking opinion of a disruptive and banned member is now acceptable

Regards

Bacman
                  I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                  Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Kamfer, you gave a vast knowledge of the forum and members and yet, you only have 8 posts.

Behan, there you are. you always post when the instigator (too many aliases) returns.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that spiritwolf333(the same as spiritwolf) if so he was banned due to his behavior. As he will be missed by me as he was on another site and helped me with my son so much. Then he left from that site. I miss him. Yet I only knew him thru what he supported my fight for my son starting 3 years ago.
                      I'm not going to debate what works and what doesn't. There are books and books on that subject. Everywhere on the Internet ther is a cure for al behaviors. If it were that simple my son and other like him would be cured too.
                      Everyone is different. Yet nothing has worked or helped my son. He is one who has slipped thru the cracks always thru destructive behaviors. His brain is badly damaged and dis functional from al.
                      He is responsible for his own behaviors and NO ONE else can change that or defend him. I cannot know all that happen and not simply defending. All I a want to say is that he is loved and cared for by his family and needs support.
                      Sometime bad things happen I have seen it all thru the years. Somethings never change. I hope we can manage to be forgiving .
                      Don't be so hard on Spiritwolf and others like him they are someone father, brother, son, husband. Even though his path was darkened by his own beliefs he should not be judged so harshly. Be kind!
                      I hope I do not hurt anyone's feelings, that is not who I am. Please know I support you all no matter what. That is what I have learned from 22 years of living with alcoholism in my family.
                      Peace & Heeling
                      SHADE
                      "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Oh, for crying out loud. Spirit, do you think you can hide behind a different username?

Why would you continue to post here knowing that someone is going to expose your real name, and real information?

And why do you think that we won't report you? You've been banned from the forum. A new username doesn't change that fact.

Comment

Ne, I think the best thing you can do is promote your website in all the Meds threads. Come back here say once a week and promote it again. If new people come for information about meds, they will see and follow the link, you're doing a great thing by what you're doing on your website and if you leave well enough alone here, well enough will only have himself to post to.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks, abcowboy.

The new website is:

Forums - The End of my Addiction

Comment

NE-I am not sure that I understand the meaning behind your comments, but I have to at least mention this; the med section here was quickly dying and your site is just now trying to move forward. Furthermore, I read on your forum where you said that it would help you feel better if your MWO thread stayed active and multiplying "views". Is this not true? NE, you can paint over the stripes of a Zebra, but it is still a Zebra. Are you still a Zebra. NE, for Pete's sake, free yourself from alcohol so that you can help even more people when you are sober -please-for your own sake. Put the bottle down NE.

Edit: NE, don't you find it discomforting knowing that your website is partially run by a person who reveals "names" and identities of people on other sites? I am guessing that you needed his help more than he needed you.

Have you read any of the new studies relative to hallucinogens being the most helpful addiction treatment known to date? Just saying.

Comment

NE, if people realized and knew that the person who controls your website reveals personal information about those he disagrees with, how many people would sign on? He is too young to even understand or care about the harm that he does to others. Why do you allow this?

Comment

Working...
                                X